Forgotten Nicktoons

What are some Nicktoons you consider forgotten?

One of the ones I consider forgotten is Yakkity Yak. Unless you remind them it existed, most people have pretty much completely forgotten it's existence, even though it used to air right after Hey Arnold! in 2003 - 2004

Another obscure show nobody remembers is The X's. I don't think a single person remembers the show honestly, though I could be wrong. I didn't even remember it until I looked up Nicktoons

Vaughn Max

What are some Nicktoons you consider forgotten?

One of the ones I consider forgotten is Yakkity Yak. Unless you remind them it existed, most people have pretty much completely forgotten it's existence, even though it used to air right after Hey Arnold! in 2003 - 2004

Another obscure show nobody remembers is The X's. I don't think a single person remembers the show honestly, though I could be wrong. I didn't even remember it until I looked up Nicktoons
For the early to late 2000s, Catscratch, Barnyard, Tak and the Power of Juju, Mighty B, Wayside, El Tigre, Rocket Power, Chalkzone, As Told by Ginger, AAAH! Real Monsters, and The X's are all forgotten Nicktoons. In modern times, TUFF Puppy, Monsters vs Aliens, and Alvin and the Chipmunks are the most forgotten Nicktoons

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

LinusFan303

Squeak
I remember the X's existing just don't remember an episode well. I think obscure Nicktoon from around the same time was Catscratch it doesn't seem to be brought up much.

For the early to late 2000s, Catscratch, Barnyard, Tak and the Power of Juju, Mighty B, Wayside, El Tigre, Rocket Power, Chalkzone, As Told by Ginger, AAAH! Real Monsters, and The X's are all forgotten Nicktoons. In modern times, TUFF Puppy, Monsters vs Aliens, and Alvin and the Chipmunks are the most forgotten Nicktoons

Don't forget about My Life as a Teenage Robot. I'm not sure if anyone remembers that show. I dont think theres a single person on here who actually remembers its existence

Vaughn Max

Don't forget about My Life as a Teenage Robot. Nobody remembers that show
I remember it, but I only saw it once or twice. Also, I think a lot of people remember it. Someone on Twitter just posted a picture of it a few minutes ago

I remember it, but I only saw it once or twice. Also, I think a lot of people remember it. Someone on Twitter just posted a picture of it a few minutes ago

I'm not so sure about that. Teenage Robot got cancelled due to low ratings

Vaughn Max

I'm not so sure about that. Teenage Robot got cancelled due to low ratings
It lasted 6 years, so I'm sure at least a few people remember it. I've seen people on Twitter that said they want a revival

kanc

It lasted 6 years, so I'm sure at least a few people remember it. I've seen people on Twitter that said they want a revival

Although actually Nick stopped airing back in late 2005, and three years later in 2008 blasted remaining episodes

Vaughn Max

Although actually Nick stopped airing back in late 2005, and three years later in 2008 blasted remaining episodes
I thought the remaining episodes aired on Nicktoons

kanc

I thought the remaining episodes aired on Nicktoons

http://www.nickandmore.com/2014/11/01/nickelodeon-king-of-unaired-episodes/
It did air in Nicktoons, and Nickelodeon, though Nickelodeon didn't air final last episode, while Nicktoons aired all remaining episodes

As NickAndMore quoted:
"My Life as a Teenage Robot -- A whole season of 12 episodes waited three years to finally rollout first on Nicktoons in 2008. Nick did air 11 of them the day after their Nicktoons debut, but for some reason didn't bother to air the last episode"

Vaughn Max

http://www.nickandmore.com/2014/11/01/nickelodeon-king-of-unaired-episodes/
It did air in Nicktoons, and Nickelodeon, though Nickelodeon didn't air final last episode, while Nicktoons aired all remaining episodes

As NickAndMore quoted:
"My Life as a Teenage Robot -- A whole season of 12 episodes waited three years to finally rollout first on Nicktoons in 2008. Nick did air 11 of them the day after their Nicktoons debut, but for some reason didn't bother to air the last episode"
They could bring it back to premiere the last episode

kanc

They could bring it back to premiere the last episode

I don't think so. They could've aired final episode back in 2008 on Nickelodeon, but it's too late. It doesn't matter anyway, at least final episode already aired in Nicktoons.

Vaughn Max

I don't think so. They could've aired final episode back in 2008 on Nickelodeon, but it's too late. It doesn't matter anyway, at least final episode already aired in Nicktoons.
It's not too late. Also, I don't think a lot of people saw the finale and while nostalgia is still popular, why not air that episode on the main channel? It could probably get high ratings

kanc

It's not too late. Also, I don't think a lot of people saw the finale and while nostalgia is still popular, why not air that episode on the main channel? It could probably get high ratings

Like I said, it DOES NOT matter. the damage is already been done

toonmaster17

For starters Yakkity Yak, and Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks are not Nicktoons, rather acquired acquaintances.

Secondly I'm pretty sure My Life as a Teenage Robot, Chalkzone, and Rocket Power are more remembered than not. I for one personally consider My Life as a Teenage Robot my favorite Nicktoon of all time! The art style and animation was quite unique.

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
My choices are The X’s, Catscratch, Robot And Monster, Making Fiends, ChalkZone, Tak And The Power Of Juju: The Series, Monsters Vs. Aliens: The Series, and Action League Now!. I have a feeling that Bunsen Is A Beast will fall into this soon.

TeridaxXD001

I just started a new thread about it, but I loved CatScratch. And it's only half-Nicktoon, but Pelswick is pretty forgotten (never really got into it though).

Does Butt-Ugly Martians qualify as a Nicktoon? Because nobody remembers that one.

kanc

I think Butt Ugly Martians and Pelswick is acquisition, not actually Nick/Nicktoons originals

TeridaxXD001

I think Butt Ugly Martians and Pelswick is acquisition, not actually Nick/Nicktoons originals

There was a time when the term "Nicktoons" was used more broadly, and I think they were promoted as such (Wikipedia also categorizes that as such, for what that's worth). Pelswick was apparently produced "in association with" Nickelodeon, and there was even a splat/orange/white background/whatever-you-call bumper for it like the rest of the Nicktoons. I don't think Butt-Ugly Martians has one, though.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I remember Yakkity Yak. I didn't know it was Australian at the time. I believe I only remember the intro and barely a scene.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts