"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, I think it's likely Avengers returns in May. As for Spider-Man, they might just wait until summer again (July or August is my guess).

Troy Troodon

You know what I just realized right now?!

Kimea looks almost like Jenna from Star vs The Forces of Evil!

Frontier

Staff member
Aside from the crossover with "Guardians of the Galaxy", there wasn't any news about this series at the Wondercon?
The only other Spider-Man related news I can think of, however tangentially, is Gwen being the lead character of the Marvel Rising shorts.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Honestly, I wasn't expecting any news about this show, since it wasn't even mentioned in the panel's description.

I presume there will be more updates in the next couple of months.

Frontier

Staff member
Any new news
Not that I've found.

Given production is apparently in the final stages, going by the tweets from the Storyboard artists, I'm kind of surprised we haven't heard anything new yet.

It seems like we'll probably get season 2 before we get Avengers: Black Panther's Quest.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I doubt the show is returning next month, it wasn't mentioned in the May Highlights Disney released last week. I know they didn't include the Season 3 premiere of Guardians in their monthly Highlights back in March, but I figure Spidey would be a much bigger priority for them.

It is most likely that Season 2 will start this summer - either June, July or even August (the same month the show actually premiered last year), but we'll find out for sure in due time.

Edit:
I found an interview with J.M. DeMatteis. Towards the end, he mentions he 's been writing for Marvel’s new animated Spider-Man series. He's just about to start his third episode.

I presume work on Season 2 is already completed, so perhaps a 3rd Season? (Or the interview is from a while ago, but it was just posted now). Unless he's talking about the next Spidey cartoon after this one ends. :p

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I doubt the show is returning next month, it wasn't mentioned in the May Highlights Disney released last week. I know they didn't include the Season 3 premiere of Guardians in their monthly Highlights back in March, but I figure Spidey would be a much bigger priority for them.

It is most likely that Season 2 will start this summer - either June, July or even August (the same month the show actually premiered last year), but we'll find out for sure in due time.
I agree. That seems the most likely scenario :).
Edit:
I found an interview with J.M. DeMatteis. Towards the end, he mentions he 's been writing for Marvel’s new animated Spider-Man series. He's just about to start his third episode.

I presume work on Season 2 is already completed, so perhaps a 3rd Season? (Or the interview is from a while ago, but it was just posted now). Unless he's talking about the next Spidey cartoon after this one ends. :p
It's cool to see J.M. DeMatteis writing Spider-Man again, just this time in animated form :D.

I have to assume that this interview was taken a while ago, since I imagine the writing and production for season 2 is pretty much finished by now, and Marvel's Spider-Man is presumed to be ending along with the other Marvel cartoons :ack:.

Not that I would put it past Marvel to be moving on to yet another Spider-Man cartoon :rolleyes2:.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I believe this is the first time he's written for a Marvel cartoon. Now that's pretty cool.

Frontier

Staff member
Interestingly enough, DeMatteis mentioned the interview was done in February...
Huh.

I can't imagine they haven't wrapped up the writing of season 2 by now so...either a new series in production or there'll be some kind of continuation of Marvel's Spider-Man.

I wonder if they're getting something ready for the Disney streaming service o_O?
He worked on the 90s Spidey cartoon as well, briefly. He's in the credits for the first part of the X-Men cross-over, "The Mutant Agenda".
Though definitely not as consistent as his DC work ;).

TheLemsterPju

Huh.

I can't imagine they haven't wrapped up the writing of season 2 by now so...either a new series in production or there'll be some kind of continuation of Marvel's Spider-Man.

I wonder if they're getting something ready for the Disney streaming service o_O?

I think it's possible that there may been a mass of new talent and management (*cough*Disney*cough*) coming in around late-January or February.

Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts