"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
As AA comes to a close, what are some of your favorite moments from the show?

I loved the opening to season 2's "Dark Avengers". Seeing Tony play a Lex Luthor like role to Squadron Supreme in that alternate reality was super fun. I still smile at the team saying "Iron-Man" like he's their arch-nemisis.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
March 24th:
Here are the first news to come out of the Marvel Animation panel at WonderCon, via The Marvel Report Twitter account. It's not much, and mostly stuff that was previously announced, but it will have to do for now.
First up Avengers Assemble: Black Panther’s Quest! With character designs and such.
It looks like a different animation style from the previous years.
T’Challa is a “Ninja” now with the new style. He’s quicker than ever before.
In terms of design they use both comics and movie designs as templates for their characters
Daisy Lightfoot announced as the voice of Shuri!!!
The show is recorded as an ensemble as opposed to individual recordings.

The only real news is Shuri's voice actress. They also showed a clip, though there's no description of it yet.

March 25th:
More comments, from Comic Book Revolution's coverage of the WonderCon panel:
The panel starts with talk on Avengers season five, titled Black Panthers Quest, and will center around the title character. All the new character designs for the Avengers are show. Every Avengers design is more streamlined from the ones seen in past seasons, with Black Panther’s costume looking like his first costume from the movies. Shuri’s design for the season was shown and she is shown as part of the line-up for the Avengers roster that includes Ms. Marvel, Thor, Shuri, Black Panther, Black Widow, Iron Man and Captain America.
When describing Black Panther for season five Jeff Allen mentions that the character will be similar to Bruce Lee as he will be working in a ninja-like role, preferring to work more in the shadows. This is said to further emphasize Black Panther’s new design for the season.
Collette Sunderman talks about James Mathis being the voice for Black Panther and how they found Shuri’s voice, who would put Black Panther in a big brother light, with Daisy Lightfoot casted in the role.
Harrison Wilcox talk about how Black Panther and Shuri find out that the Shadow Council have appeared and the season will be about the two discovering who they are. Black Panther’s relationship with the Avengers and those in Wakanda will be the central story point of the season along with who the Shadow Council are.
Collette mentions that they record the voice work as an assemble as much as possible, joking how Roger Craig Smith will sometimes mimic other voices during sessions that end up confusing editors.
They show a clip from season five showing Black Panther tangling with Tiger Shark in the sewers. As they fight Iron Man, Captain America and Black Widow join in to help Black Panther out. The clip shown does not have sound effects done yet, only animation and voice work.

Troy Troodon

Okoye being in the Lego special makes me think she'll probably appear, but I doubt Nakia will given she was also T'Challa's love interest in the movie and Shuri seems to be the female lead of Black Panther's Quest.

Nakia won't appear because she's T'Challa's love interest?! Does Marvel Animation got a no-romance policy?

Frontier

Staff member
Nakia won't appear because she's T'Challa's love interest?! Does Marvel Animation got a no-romance policy?
I mean, it's been brought up before, but the Marvel cartoons generally forego romance quite a bit as of late.

Just look at Ant-Man and Wasp on this show. They barely interacted or had a single significant moment with each other across the entire season.

Troy Troodon

I mean, it's been brought up before, but the Marvel cartoons generally forego romance quite a bit as of late.

Just look at Ant-Man and Wasp on this show. They barely interacted or had a single significant moment with each other across the entire season.

Yet they're still together no less, so why not include Nakia?

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter

The movies barely have any romance as it is.

Frontier

Staff member
The movies barely have any romance as it is.
As far as the MCU? Pretty much every major Marvel movie has had a romantic interest, element, or arc for the hero.
I'm a little surprised they're not planning on bringing the show back for the summer season.
I'm especially surprised they're not trying to get the show out quicker to tie-in with the movie's success :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I figured we might get the Lego Black Panther special as a tie-in to his movie earlier this year, and then Season 5 in summer as a tie-in to Infinity War. Neither of those predictions worked out. :p

Last edited:

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
If they do this to try to pander to young boy audiences why even bother to include female characters?

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
As far as the MCU? Pretty much every major Marvel movie has had a romantic interest, element, or arc for the hero.

I'm especially surprised they're not trying to get the show out quicker to tie-in with the movie's success :sweat:.

Yeah but they aren't that big of romance stories. They are always secondary. Plus, Cap still hasn't had a girlfriend in the present. And I'm not counting Sharon.

Troy Troodon

Even then, they could still include Nakia without romance; if they can do that with Jane Foster than they could certainly do so with Nakia.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah but they aren't that big of romance stories. They are always secondary. Plus, Cap still hasn't had a girlfriend in the present. And I'm not counting Sharon.
I mean, they're not romance movies but they're films that generally have romance as an element more often then not.

I wouldn't call Sharon Cap's girlfriend but she's the closest thing he had to a love interest in the Russo films.
Even then, they could still include Nakia without romance; if they can do that with Jane Foster than they could certainly do so with Nakia.
Well, Jane and Thor had some longing looks, but I would hope Nakia would be better implemented then Jane Foster was :sweat:.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I mean, they're not romance movies but they're films that generally have romance as an element more often then not.

I wouldn't call Sharon Cap's girlfriend but she's the closest thing he had to a love interest in the Russo films.

For me, it's not enough.

ChessKing

In season 4 titled Secret Wars there is an episode titled Dimension Z when Ant Man goes to save Hawkeye, Cap and Widow from a dimension controlled by Arnim Zola and in that episode it sounded like it was there first time in Dimension Z yet in the Season 2 episode titled Widow's Run Hawkeye mentions Dimension Z as if they have already been there before and the Guardians of the Galaxy even appear in this season 2 episode.

I'm really confused on the whole continuity thing.

bigdaddy313

In season 4 titled Secret Wars there is an episode titled Dimension Z when Ant Man goes to save Hawkeye, Cap and Widow from a dimension controlled by Arnim Zola and in that episode it sounded like it was there first time in Dimension Z yet in the Season 2 episode titled Widow's Run Hawkeye mentions Dimension Z as if they have already been there before and the Guardians of the Galaxy even appear in this season 2 episode.

I'm really confused on the whole continuity thing.
Don't border it will only give you a headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts