1980's Care Bears or My Little Pony

zoombie

So of all the cartoons that came out of these franchises in the 1980's, the Care Bears and My Little Pony, which was better?

Well I say My Little Pony had the better specials, I mean Rescue at Midnight Castle is just great, Escape from Catrina still pretty good, while Land Without Feelings had same moments and catchy songs, the Freeze Machine special did take a drop in quality in my opinion. And the Nutcracker give or take, I think the most interesting part of it was having a young Tara Strong play a big role.

When it comes to the movies and TV series, I will give it to Care Bears. The first two Care Bears movie were pretty good, the third one was bad, as was the 1986 MLP movie, but this is all my opinion.

As of the TV series, My Little Pony and Friends were hit or miss, I did like the Moondreamers and Glo Friends cartoon, the DIC Care Bears hard to watch animation, though Professor Coldheart was a great villain, but the Nelvana Care Bears did take quality to another level, No Heart he is on Tirac's level of being an awesome villain, though the first season I liked better than the other ones because they started some of Care Bears in these 80's cloths and we got less No Heart who was a strengh of the show. So overall I say Care Bears.

So what do you think?

chocolate

Mentally Still in 2016
Care Bears were pretty boring and generic but MLP was kind of funny and always will and has been better than Care Bears.

zoombie

Care Bears were pretty boring and generic but MLP was kind of funny and always will and has been better than Care Bears.

I respect your opinion.

Though personal except for Tirac, I think I take the Care Bears rogue gallery over the My Little Pony rogue gallery.

Last edited:

chocolate

Mentally Still in 2016
The Care Bears Fandom are pretty great and very respectful and I really enjoyed the show as a child.

Rabbitearsblog

I choose Care Bears because I grew up with that one more than I did with My Little Pony and I have always loved watching Care Bears when I was little.

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
For me, it was always the Care Bears Family from the 80s by Nelvana. So that. Not to say MLP isn't good, that's great too!

Dr.Pepper

I’m going with My Little Pony. I loved it as a kid, but I remember the ‘90’s My Little Pony Tales better. I liked Care Bears too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts