"Big Hero 6: The Series" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Two more episodes scheduled to premiere in March, according to Zap2It.

Food Fight
SEASON 1, EPISODE 7
AIRING MAR 22, 2018TV-Y7
When Aunt Cass stumbles into an underground cooking competition, she thrives and becomes addicted to the excitement.
Muirahara Woods
SEASON 1, EPISODE 9
AIRING MAR 29, 2018TV-Y7
Hiro, Fred, and Baymax follow the Go Go into the mysterious Muirahara Woods where they get lost and everything electronic strangely fails - including Baymax.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I kept thinking that I had missed a lot of episodes since the series premiered last year. I'm kind of glad that I was wrong, but at the same time, they're really taking their time with airing more episodes. At least there are some episodes on the schedule for next month.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Here are two clips with Karmi, a new character. It looks like Sofia went from princess and protector to teen scientific prodigy.

Edit: I thought Ariel Winter voices her. It's Haley Tju. Still good though

I kept thinking that I had missed a lot of episodes since the series premiered last year. I'm kind of glad that I was wrong, but at the same time, they're really taking their time with airing more episodes. At least there are some episodes on the schedule for next month.
This is the longest gap between a Disney tv pilot movie and it's regular episodes

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Here are two clips with Karmi, a new character. It looks like Sofia went from princess and protector to teen scientific prodigy.

Edit: I thought Ariel Winter voices her. It's Haley Tju. Still good though

I'm guessing these clips cover most of the basic plot of "Issue 188" :).

I thought Natalie Lander was Karmi for a second there. I wonder who's voicing High Voltage ;)?

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Number 3

Edit: Someone in the comments thought that Tara Strong voiced Karmi. That would've made the Twilight jokes way too easy.

Toons Fan

I don't think Big Hero 6: The Series is premiering on Thursday, March 1st someone on Twitter said that the Zap2it air dates are for the UK:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I don't think Big Hero 6: The Series is premiering on Thursday, March 1st someone on Twitter said that the Zap2it air dates are for the UK:

I guess that would explain why I haven't seen any upcoming episodes on my DVR o_O.

Toons Fan

NickandMore has said that the Disney XD highlights came out today and there is no Big Hero 6 mention anywhere:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I can't say this isn't disappointing. Are they waiting for the Summer? When is sweeps season? DXD hasn't released the shorts in the US yet either, and the press release seemed to say that would come soon after the pilot airing. I wonder what the plan is. I can't say that I ever understand how DXD operates. 24 hours of DuckTales was a pretty cool stunt. I wish they treated everything of this nature like a big event.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I can't say this isn't disappointing. Are they waiting for the Summer? When is sweeps season? DXD hasn't released the shorts in the US yet either, and the press release seemed to say that would come soon after the pilot airing. I wonder what the plan is. I can't say that I ever understand how DXD operates. 24 hours of DuckTales was a pretty cool stunt. I wish they treated everything of this nature like a big event.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
This reminds me of how it felt like Disney XD was taking their sweet time to premiere Marvel's Spider-Man.

Light Lucario

Staff member
They are definitely taking way too long to have a proper premiere for the series. I hope that the series having premieres in the UK isn't a bad sign for the series.

Frontier

Staff member
They are definitely taking way too long to have a proper premiere for the series. I hope that the series having premieres in the UK isn't a bad sign for the series.
The weirdest thing is that it seems like Disney is fully-behind the show, so I don't get why they would take so long to start premiering episodes o_O.

I mean, the least they could've done is air a few episodes after the pilot like they did with Ducktales.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm predicting bomb format. Whenever the show officially starts releasing episodes regularly in the US, they'll burn off a bunch of episodes in various bomb formats. The same most likely goes for Ducktales when it comes back.

Dudley

Staff member
I'm predicting bomb format. Whenever the show officially starts releasing episodes regularly in the US, they'll burn off a bunch of episodes in various bomb formats. The same most likely goes for Ducktales when it comes back.

Like they do with the Marvel shows. Maybe not do a week of premieres, but just air two or four new episodes in one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts