"The Avengers: Infinity War" Pre-Release Discussion Part Two (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm guessing Steve has to bring the two gauntlet's together to form the shield. Reminds me of Hydra Captain America's shield which could split in two :ack:.
2/1: Hydra Captain America? Yeesh.

I'm honestly kind of surprised they didn't go for the energy shield...
Perhaps they didn't want to repeat Coulson's energy shield on AOS. But probably Shuri made this new shield and isn't on that design track to make an energy one.

2/3: More photos of actions figures. Thanos' reveals where each gem goes in allegedly if the movie is a match. LEGO releasing a Hulkbuster set. 'Iron Spider' Funko leak. 12 FUNKO Pops listed for March 2. Of all places, a shot of Iron Man armor on a Ziploc box.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Super Bowl spot is released.

Lots of new shots. It's a testament to how likable the characters are that they don't even have to do much and one still goes "Aw, cool".

That Thanos smirk at the end.

Frontier

Staff member
We can see Thor, Rocket, and Groot on their mission to get Jarnbjorn...

Why is Peter taking off his mask right when he's about to enter the stratosphere :sweat:?

I'm guessing from that shot of Steve, Natasha, and a limping Vision in what appears to be Avengers Compound that the former two save the latter and Wanda from the Black Order :ack:.

Looks like Tony interrupts Strange's spells. Seems like they're going to get along swimmingly :p.

Looking forward to seeing Cap and Black Panther teaming-up :cool:.

I like that we get a shot of Natasha turning her head and then Bucky turns up :anime:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Kind of a minor Black Panther spoiler if you look among the people with the Avengers outside Wakanda. I'm pretty sure M'Baku was among them.

Why is Peter taking off his mask right when he's about to enter the stratosphere :sweat:?
My thoughts exactly.

I'm guessing from that shot of Steve, Natasha, and a limping Vision in what appears to be Avengers Compound that the former two save the latter and Wanda from the Black Order.
Yeah, to the right of Widow, that looks like the meeting room where Ross presented the Sokovia Accords.

Looks like Tony interrupts Strange's spells. Seems like they're going to get along swimmingly :p.
It will be as funny as Strange and Loki I bet. But explain magic to Tony? Heh. On that scene, did he interrupt a spell or did they just to a combo together? Those spell spirals Iron Man put his hand through are similar to the holographic work he does in his lab.

Frontier

Staff member
It will be as funny as Strange and Loki I bet. But explain magic to Tony? Heh. On that scene, did he interrupt a spell or did they just to a combo together? Those spell spirals Iron Man put his hand through are similar to the holographic work he does in his lab.
It's kind of hard to gauge since we can't really see Strange's reaction, but off-hand it seems like Tony just runs through something Strange is conjuring so either he interrupts a spell or it's some kind of boost that makes Iron Man jump like he does at the end.

the greenman

It's kind of hard to gauge since we can't really see Strange's reaction, but off-hand it seems like Tony just runs through something Strange is conjuring so either he interrupts a spell or it's some kind of boost that makes Iron Man jump like he does at the end.
Yeah, that looked like Strange opened a portal that Iron Man went through. Easier than space travel.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

the greenman

Sneak pic of Thor's new hammer:

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018...ew-hammer-stormbreaker-avengers-infinity-war/
375d36107214acf545287e169cff74f6.jpg

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Thor: Ragnarok at least established Beta is somewhere in the MCU.

The hilt looks like Groot lent some of himself to complete the weapon.

Frontier

Staff member
It looks a lot like Ultimate Thor's hammer :cool:.
Thor: Ragnarok at least established Beta is somewhere in the MCU.
There's a part of me that would've liked Bill to fulfill Korg's role in Ragnarok, but another part of me that then imagines Bill with Taika Waititi's voice :p.
The hilt looks like Groot lent some of himself to complete the weapon.
I've seen that theory as well. Also lends further credence to the idea that Thor is the Avenger Groot bonds with :).

the greenman

I feel like ever since the first Thor, they really didn't understand the characters. As well as they deliberately wanted to make him understanding to modern audiences. However, I'm unsure why they couldn't just take influence from WB (LOTR/ POTTER). One thing I noticed about Marvel is they simply have trouble with world-building. They seem to do it in one single film, but in terms of a trilogy or series you can tell they shoot from the hip.

This is strange because that idea of them letting filmmakers have free reign in each film kinda works. They just kinda didn't know Thor from the jump until Hemsworth played him up as a wiseacre smug prince. I'm glad the trilogy is done. In this Ragnarok, I wanted Enchantress, bullfrog Thor, and Bill. Alas. . .

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I feel like ever since the first Thor, they really didn't understand the characters. As well as they deliberately wanted to make him understanding to modern audiences. However, I'm unsure why they couldn't just take influence from WB (LOTR/ POTTER). One thing I noticed about Marvel is they simply have trouble with world-building. They seem to do it in one single film, but in terms of a trilogy or series you can tell they shoot from the hip.

This is strange because that idea of them letting filmmakers have free reign in each film kinda works. They just kinda didn't know Thor from the jump until Hemsworth played him up as a wiseacre smug prince. I'm glad the trilogy is done. In this Ragnarok, I wanted Enchantress, bullfrog Thor, and Bill. Alas. . .

This is my sentiment exactly, I feel like the only reason Ragnorok had such a comedic edge was to distract people from all the lore they were trying to get into. In the end, it almost completely ruined the tension. Not that it matters since it seems likely all the surviving Asgardians were killed by Thanos.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
2/15: Sneak peak during premiere of Disney's ZOMBIES. (EDIT: Just a mash of Trailer #1 and Super Bowl spot)

2/16: Feige hints fans will instantly recognize who is voicing each member of the Black Order.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So either they're pretty well-known names or they're going to be voiced by recognized MCU stars...
Maybe or akin to Howard the Duck's reveal in GoTG. I'm sure there might be some meltdowns if any of them sound like Seth MacFarlane. :p

Frontier

Staff member
Maybe or akin to Howard the Duck's reveal in GoTG. I'm sure there might be some meltdowns if any of them sound like Seth MacFarlane. :p
A part of me thinks it would be funny if they end up voiced by MCU actors who's characters have been killed off already :rolleyes2:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts