"Deadpool 2" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
The Next trailer is out featuring Cable

Really great stuff. The action bits are too quick to get a good feel of them but the comedy is top notch especially the "we're talking about fixing a metal arm not covering up a moustache" and sheriff Deadpool (heh leave it to DP to know how to use that Disney connection properly) and the "that's just lazy writing" at the end. And Cable does look really cool. Kind of disappointed we didn't get a Thanos reference from Wade at all but that's my only real disappointment. Honestly I do kind of hope we don't get the actual plot in the trailers and just go in knowing it will involve zany Deadpool shennigans. That's all I need to be on board.

TheLemsterPju

That Toy Story reference probably means this pre-trailer skit was shot last month after the Disney deal. I willing to bet we'll get some MCU references in this movie regardless.

Also, I get the feeling this movie will only be 100 minutes minus the credits. Many of those quick shots in certain scenes looked very close together chronologically.

Frontier

Staff member
I love how all the scenes with Cable look like they're from a completely different movie :p.

But Brolin really nails down Cable's look and voice so far, and in a very distinct voice from his Thanos :).

That toy trailer gag was amazing :anime:.

Looks like Wade...ends up in prison :ack:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Opens with Cable in a suckless future: Not shocked. Possibly has Hope's teddy bear. Hmm.

Happy to see Domino, Negasonic, Vanessa, Weasel, Dopinder, and Blind Alfred get some moments.

In the Toy Story stuff, laughed at the jabs at Thanos when DP quoted his "I'll do it myself" line and the joke "I've got the stones to help you."

Cable's got a bigger team than I thought. Definitely looks like X-Force. Looked like Terry Crews was Bedlam, Shatterstar, and not sure on the other one.

But looks like that group, DMC or whatever, captures some or all of them including Deadpool. Definitely looks like a more funded cell than what we saw in the first Deadpool. Or another flippin' government agency. More confusing when it later looks like they're fighting cultists in sanitarium uniforms with weird banners in the b.g. "Purity, Humanity, Infinity", "The End is Near", and "Prepare Yourself". The Purifiers?

I'm sure the duct tape job to his suit will be hilarious in its entirety. Did I see Domino with a knife uzi? Not sure what to make of the kid flipping the bird. The Goonies' reference seemed pretty random.

Funny the international trailer is shorter but has DP hugging Colossus in the Mansion.

Frontier

Staff member
Happy to see Domino, Negasonic, Vanessa, Weasel, Dopinder, and Blind Alfred get some moments.
I'm glad to see Dopinder apparently managed to avoid going to prison :p.
In the Toy Story stuff, laughed at the jabs at Thanos when DP quoted his "I'll do it myself" line and the joke "I've got the stones to help you."
Wow, I didn't even catch that :eek:.
Cable's got a bigger team than I thought. Definitely looks like X-Force. Looked like Terry Crews was Bedlam, Shatterstar, and not sure on the other one.
Might not exactly be X-Force but some variant of the Six-Pack that could develop into X-Force ;).
But looks like that group, DMC or whatever, captures some or all of them including Deadpool. Definitely looks like a more funded cell than what we saw in the first Deadpool. Or another flippin' government agency. More confusing when it later looks like they're fighting cultists in sanitarium uniforms with weird banners in the b.g. "Purity, Humanity, Infinity", "The End is Near", and "Prepare Yourself". The Purifiers?
Those banners definitely sound like the Purifiers :ack:.
Funny the international trailer is shorter but has DP hugging Colossus in the Mansion.
That's not all he's doing :rolleyes2:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts