"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Parker

Plus, Spider-Man has many mob style villains. We already used Kingpin liberally in the 90s series, so I think giving the others a chance to shine is the right way to go. Spectacular used Tombstone, with some Silverman and Hammerhead thrown in there, and this series has prominently featured Hammerhead.

Frontier

Staff member
Speaking of crime bosses, I wonder when we're going to see Mr. Negative o_O?

I know he was one of the characters mentioned to be appearing at some point, but so far he's been a no-show :ack:.

Given Aunt May hasn't really appearead that much so far, introducing Negative and her connection to him throught FEAST might be a good way to give her more screentime ;).

Matt Parker

Maybe he's Season Two?

Is this show even getting a second season anymore? That potential leak about the shows ending has me kinda worried.

Frontier

Staff member
Maybe he's Season Two?

Is this show even getting a second season anymore? That potential leak about the shows ending has me kinda worried.
I imagine season 2 was probably already in production, it just might be the last season for now if the leak was accurate.

Same for Guardians with their third season and the fifth season for Assemble.

Dudley

Staff member
Maybe he's Season Two?

Considering how far in advance cartoons are produced, and its long process, for all we know the show’s wrapping up pre-production of its THIRD season.
All we can do is wait, and hope that at the very least we’re getting a 52 episode series out of this show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
There was a promo for the "Rise of Doctor Octopus" four-parter that aired during the Avengers: Secret Wars premieres.

Looks like we're getting some variant of the Sinister Six, only it's the "Sinister Five" with Doc Ock, Vulture, Rhino, Crimson Dynamo (?), and some guy in a hi-tech suit with daggers (Harry?).

Roxas_Sora

There was a promo for the "Rise of Doctor Octopus" four-parter that aired during the Avengers: Secret Wars premieres.

Looks like we're getting some variant of the Sinister Six, only it's the "Sinister Five" with Doc Ock, Vulture, Rhino, Crimson Dynamo (?), and some guy in a hi-tech suit with daggers (Harry?).

I found information about that part. The Sinister Five's part is actually not going to happen until the series finale, about the HobGoblin. They are not going to appear in the "Rise of Doctor Octopus" arc. Their integrants are Doc Ock, Vulture, Rhino, a Spider Slayer (apparently) and... Iron Spider?? (Wasn't he one of the good guys?). Anyway, it seems Doc Ock are mind controlling them (like the Superior Six); and sadly, he does the same to Spidey temporally, making them the Siniter Six.

Frontier

Staff member
Disney XD posted this promo:

But the show is airing on Sunday, not Saturday.
So I'm guessing the big, red, armored guy is Crimson Dynamo? Yay, more Iron Man villains in a Spider-Man cartoon :p.

But who the heck is the guy in blue o_O?

Is that Lizard 7 seconds in? Has he gone full-on Kaiju in this universe :eek:?

I'm guessing those little Goblin-y things are failed Jackal clones :ack:?

Looks like it's all around going to be a pretty fun arc. I'm just happy to finally have the show back :D.

EDIT 01/17: New clip from this Sunday's episode:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I like seeing Otto as the cocky jerk before his accident happens, similar to how Lee and Ditko did it. I think this might be the first time that I've seen it done that way outside of comics. In both Spectacular and Ultimate, he was Osborn's meek lackey before the change , and in both the 90s TAS and Spider-Man 2, he was sympathetic and fatherly. Strangely enough, I hadn't even thought about seeing the accident on the show, although I knew the switch to Doctor Octopus was coming.
I knew something would set him off but I'd forgotten about the arms actually being fused to his spine.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
I hate to say it...I really do...but the art style, it has grown on me. I sort of like it. I'll miss this show, it had potential.

Roxas_Sora

I hate to say it...I really do...but the art style, it has grown on me. I sort of like it. I'll miss this show, it had potential.

Let's not give up yet. We know a Season 2 is on the making, so maybe there's still a chance to have a Season 3. The other series with the Avengers and the Guardians can end if the want, but after what I discovered of "Marvel's Spider-Man", I stongly believe a Season 3 is in order.

Frontier

Staff member
I haven't been crazy about every character design (though I'm not sure if that's necessarily on the designs so much as the animation), but a lot about this show has really grown on me and I think there was a lot of potential to it.

That being said, no matter what, at least we've still got one more season to look forward too ;).

Frontier

Staff member
Season two is later this year. Makes sense seeing as the ran through most of season 1.:p
https://news.marvel.com/tv/83431/marvels-spider-man-returning-season-2-disney-xd/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Well, even if it might be the last season, it's good to know we won't have long to wait before we can watch the next season :).

Holy crud, Peter's going to be working at the Daily Bugle :eek::D!!!

"While enduring Doc Ock’s series of obstacles in the villain’s attempt to get rid of Spider-Man once and for all." So...is Doc Ock now the main villain? Are we going to have him appearing as much as he did in the last season of Ultimate Spider-Man? What does this mean for Norman o_O?

They say it's going to be airing alongside the next seasons for all the other Marvel cartoons, though that's kind of bittersweet given that they're potentially the last season for all the shows :(.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just thought I'd bring this up again...
https://www.cbr.com/marvel-spider-man-animated-executive-producers-interview/
Let’s talk about villains, which is always going to be a major part of a Spider-Man story. Just in the first two episodes we see Vulture, Scorpion, Smythe, Otto Octavius — though he isn’t a villain yet.
Lane: He will be. He has a wonderful arc that’s the reverse of Peter’s. It’s actually beautiful to behold, and we do crazy things with it in season 2. Very excited about that.

The article is from August 2017, so the 2nd Season was technically announced a while ago.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm curious to see how they're going to approach Superior here and how long it's going to be. I mean, the premise even refers to Ock throwing threats at Peter, so it sounds like most of the season will be spent with Spidey fighting Doc Ock and his cronies (like season 4 of USM) and less about Peter losing his body o_O.

They also tie it to the other Spiders so I wonder if they suit-up to try and get Peter's body back from Otto :ack:?

Though of course this show would have a story arc that required Spider-Man needing to be saved by his supporting cast :p.

I wonder what they mean by "newer villains from publishing..." does that mean newer villains in terms of Marvel comics, or Spider-Man? Because the only villains I can think of for Spider-Man that are relatively new are Regent (Bleh) and the Lee Price Venom. Could he be referring to Mr. Negative :eek:.

So by "big name actors" does he mean Disney stars who will probably only appear in one episode? I'm still waiting for Sandgirl and Shocker to come back :shrug:.
So much for all the shows about to end. So Marvel's Spider-Man is definitely getting a season 2.
We've known about them getting a season 2 since before the show even premiered.

It's probably been in production for a while and might be the last season unless we get word otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts