Cartoon Network's Missing Powerhouse Bumpers

mqg96

Agree! Latin America had a lot more shows that aired during the powerhouse era than in the US, which included shows like Tintin, Franklin, Ace Ventura the Animated Series, Dragonflyz, Dumb and Dumber the Animated Series and Zorro the Animated Series. I believe all these shows aired on different networks at the time, especially Franklin, which aired on Nickelodeon in the US at the time. It's a shame that there aren't many Latin American Powerhouse bumpers posted on YouTube compared to the US bumpers.

All the Kids WB shows (Pokemon, Batman Beyond, Animaniacs, etc.) had its FIRST RUN on CN Latin America as well. Which includes Pinky & the Brain which apparently never aired on CN as reruns after it ended on Kids WB in our country. CN Latin America had Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat (90's) as well. I wonder how in the world CN Latin America was able to fit all those shows into one. I mean, just look at all of the commercial breaks of CN in Latin America from the 90's to early/mid 00's and it's crazy how much they were able to air into their weekly schedule. They even had anime on their Toonami block that could only air on our [adult swim].

Dudley

Staff member
I’m sad that Pokemon or any anime never got a Powerhouse bumper. They didn’t even get a CN City bumper.

I assume we’re not going to bother digging up CN Japan’s Powerhouse bumpers for the anime they aired? They didn’t have original animation in it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dudley

Staff member
Maybe because it was initially for reruns, not first runs?

I don’t know about that since, Classic HB characters got Powerhouse bumps, and Scooby and Tom and Jerry got CN City bumps as well.

mqg96

Maybe because it was initially for reruns, not first runs?

Well like I said before since Kids WB didn't exist in Latin America all of those shows had its first runs on Cartoon Network over there. Pinky & The Brain and Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries had Powerhouse bumpers for Latin America, but not the U.S., because Pinky & the Brain reruns never aired on our CN and Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries didn't rerun on our CN until late 2002 and by then they had stopped making Powerhouse bumpers for most shows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Cartoon_Network_(Latin_America)

Just go under former programming and you'll be shocked how much content this network had.

LMAO I had no idea the Street Fighter cartoon aired over there.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
There might have been a chance that there were Pokémon bumpers in Latin America. I could check more breaks.

Rabbitearsblog

I’m sad that Pokemon or any anime never got a Powerhouse bumper. They didn’t even get a CN City bumper.

I assume we’re not going to bother digging up CN Japan’s Powerhouse bumpers for the anime they aired? They didn’t have original animation in it anyway.

Hamtaro had some powerhouse bumpers, although the only powerhouse bumpers I was able to find were the ones that don't have music or a voice over.

Dudley

Staff member
That’s pretty neat! So far that makes it the only anime to have original animation for a Powerhouse bumper.

StickerBoy

Those are some really interesting finds, guys. In fact, there's a whole list of missing Powerhouse era bumpers yet to be found listed in the link provided (a note, just in case, that not everything on the list may be accurate):
http://lostmediaarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Cartoon_Network_"Powerhouse"_Bumpers

And @Dudley has a point there. Although they did recreate the backgrounds and mixed the themes with the Powerhouse tune, the animation in this is mainly masked. But hey, I don't see why we won't need to dig up CN Japan's Powerhouse bumpers. It's only my opinion, but the option's up to you, folks.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
And @Dudley has a point there. Although they did recreate the backgrounds and mixed the themes with the Powerhouse tune, the animation in this is mainly masked. But hey, I don't see why we won't need to dig up CN Japan's Powerhouse bumpers. It's only my opinion, but the option's up to you, folks.
I don't care if it has reused animation. A Powerhouse bumper is a Powerhouse bumper, no matter what :D

Plus, it would be interesting to see more original music background of Powerhouse mixed with the show's theme, that for other Japan-exclusive series aired by CN

Dudley

Staff member
Rare Powerhouse Latin Spanish Bumper of Tom & Jerry

Can’t you give us a time stamp, so we won’t have to sit through the whole video?
Unless it’s the one with them playing golf, and thats not particularly rare.

Rabbitearsblog

Those are some really interesting finds, guys. In fact, there's a whole list of missing Powerhouse era bumpers yet to be found listed in the link provided (a note, just in case, that not everything on the list may be accurate):
http://lostmediaarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Cartoon_Network_"Powerhouse"_Bumpers

I've checked out that list and I do wonder if there were actually any Powerhouse bumpers of the Impossibles, Help! It's the Hair Bear Bunch and Birdman. There might have been and we probably never seen them, but it is a bit hard to believe. Then again, I never would have expected that there would be a Franklin and Little Lulu bumper!

Daffyrocks

Ok, so it was me who I made this page on the Company Bumpers Wiki back in 2013, and yes, I claimed that there are bumpers for shows like Hair Bear Bunch, Quick Draw, Atom Ant and such. Of course that I only listed there the shows which were most proeminent on the old CN USA lineup during the Powerhouse era. Back then I was little, and of course I never knew all the shows which had Powerhouse bumpers. I mainly did the page for fun (cause I was always dreaing to finally edit on the CLG and Company Bumpers Wiki, thought now I am currently banned from both sites :p ).

The Lost Media Wiki page obviously used my article as a reference.

I am sorry if I mislead most of you people, but at least now we know that shows like Quick Draw don't have Powerhouse bumpers at all unlike what I thought, based on breaks from CN USA I saw on Youtube, so it's a good time to remove that show from both pages. Hopefully I can do the same for other shows sometime, if I ever find any Powerhouse-era breaks inbetween them

Daffyrocks

There were some other rare powerhouse bumpers that aired in Latin America that I'm not sure that everyone has seen yet.

Why do you think that I am Weasel bumper is exclusive to Latin America? It looks very well just like the other USA bumpers for the show.

Anyways, I doubt that not so many people didn't see at all the multiple rare Powerhouse bumpers posted by the Youtube user "Todd Wahnish". Especially that even @mqg96 told about it on Youtube.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts