Marvel and Funko Animated Shorts Talkback (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Here's the new short, "Submarine Showdown", and it's indeed about Cap.

That normal CGI bird contrasts so much with the Funko people :sweat:.

Nothing more classic then Captain America vs. Red Skull ;).

I almost kind of feel bad for Red Skull at the end. That was a pretty brutal way for Cap to take him out :eek:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
January 18th:
I liked the ending, with the bird saluting Cap for finishing his mission. :p

So, any guesses who might show up in the last three shorts this season? I presume Spider-Man and Iron Man will appear eventually. Loki's already been in two shorts, so I suppose we could see some heroes more than once a well.

January 21st:
Collider lists some of the heroes & villains that are supposed to appear in this season; I put emphasis on the ones who haven't showed up yet.
Marvel and Funko have collaborated to create a second season of the extremely popular Marvel Funko animated shorts, the fifth of which, Submarine Showdown, was recently released! There are 8 Marvel Funko animated shorts in total for this second season and each one is ninety seconds in length. Featuring some of Marvel’s most popular Super Heroes and Villains, including Thor, Loki, Hulk, Black Widow, Doctor Strange, Captain America, Red Skull, Ant-Man, Hulkbuster, Ultron, Spider-Gwen, and Venom, the new animated short Submarine Showdown is AVAILABLE NOW on the Marvel HQ YouTube page.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
January 18th:
I liked the ending, with the bird saluting Cap for finishing his mission. :p

So, any guesses who might show up in the last three shorts this season? I presume Spider-Man and Iron Man will appear eventually. Loki's already been in two shorts, so I suppose we could see some heroes more than once a well.

January 21st:
Collider lists some of the heroes & villains that are supposed to appear in this season; I put emphasis on the ones who haven't showed up yet.
I'm guessing Spider-Gwen and Venom will be in the same short together, though with 3 shorts left I'm curious to see what they do with Ant-Man, Ultron, and the Hulkbuster (which I guess counts for Iron Man :sweat:?)...

Last edited by a moderator:

General Mike

Saw one of them (Hulk and Black Widow) when I was marathoning Star Wars Rebels. It was okay for what it was. i guess I should track some of these down.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Here's the new Ant-Man short:
When Ultron gains possession of the Hulkbuster at Avengers HQ, Ant-Man proves that size doesn't matter - it's how you use it.

Saw one of them (Hulk and Black Widow) when I was marathoning Star Wars Rebels. It was okay for what it was. i guess I should track some of these down.
You can find links to all the shorts released so far in the opening post of this thread.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Marvel / Funko "Ant-Man's Robot Rumble! Little Robot, Big Problem"

The Funko shorts really show a diverse selection of heroes.

For the record, Chips Ahoy Oreos are nummy. Unless that's a Biggie Iggy. Which is nummier. ***1/2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A new short, "Rooftop Rock" is now online. It premiered at WonderCon earlier today.

Spider-Gwen rocks out on a rooftop listening to her favorite tunes and is rudely interrupted by Venom - if he wants a battle, he'll have to face the music - literally!

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts