"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I guess it might be cheaper to continue doing webisodes for the DC Kids Channel, but I'm not sure how much of a cost incentive there might be to keep producing those without anything backing it up.
And it's a matter of staff, we know they wrapped in September thanks to that blog link posted recently. So 3 months might already be difficult to get the staff back together. Just the producers for example Lukic is producing on at least one other project already, Constantine, and who knows what else. Krieg is flexible because he's always writing movie scripts on the side but he could already be producing something else, too, that hasn't been announced.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
If CN decides to drop it, the obvious
Alternative is that the new streaming service
Picks it up!!
You do realize they would also make another JL based show for the streaming service since this was made for Awarness of the Movie.

Frontier

Staff member
You do realize they would also make another JL based show for the streaming service since this was made for Awarness of the Movie.
I find it a tad ironic that this show was made to tie-in to the upcoming Justice League movie given how well that film went over :sweat:.
I would much rather have a SHAZAM cartoon series.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk
In an ideal world, I'd much rather have both, though we did get some solid Shazam stuff on this show ;).

Jason M

I think the new streaming service is going to really
Open the floodgates when it comes to new animated
Content!! I’m sure they will reveal more at Comic Con
In July!!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
A tentative airing schedule has surfaced, same 7 am EST Saturday slot:
January 13: Watchtower Tours
January 20: Barehanded
January 27: Captain Bamboozle
February 3: Keeping Up With The Kryptonians

Lonewolf36

Watched Watchtower Tours, Barehanded and Captain Bamboozle on demand with Captain Bamboozle being the favorite of the three. Season is nearing the end hope its not a series finale because i have really enjoyed the show, growing up with the Super Friends which this show has that feel to it.

2010GT4.6V8

I watched Capt Bamboozle, The Red Scarlet ep and Party Animal on charter on-demand. Have not seen "Barehanded" or Keeping Up With The Kryptonians yet though

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
A real shame, but I doubt anybody would be too suprised. The writing was on the wall a long time ago when the show didn't appear on the CN upfronts press release.

A terrible time-slot, lack of re-runs and no effective promotion to speak of, CN made their decision early anyway. At least they aired the show in a timely fashion.

Losing a great voice cast with this one too.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm tempted to take this information with a grain of salt, but at the same time...with the way things have been going it doesn't really seem all that unlikely either, unfortunately :(.

I don't know what went wrong. Was it still too much of a DC action cartoon for CN's tastes? Did the ratings matter at all? Was the merchandise sales just not enough again :sad:?

But whatever the reasoning, the truth is that, once again, a fun, charming, and great DC cartoon was cut short on Cartoon Network :crying:.

Troy Troodon

I'm tempted to take this information with a grain of salt, but at the same time...with the way things have been going it doesn't really seem all that unlikely either, unfortunately :(.

I don't know what went wrong. Was it still too much of a DC action cartoon for CN's tastes? Did the ratings matter at all? Was the merchandise sales just not enough again :sad:?

But whatever the reasoning, the truth is that, once again, a fun, charming, and great DC cartoon was cut short on Cartoon Network :crying:.

The way I see it, in regards to their marketing, scheduling, and merchandising, Cartoon Network is pretty much digging their own grave anyway.

ToonJay723

Staff member
I'll wait for confirmation before playing "Taps". Besides, there is still the (strong?) possibility of the show moving to DC's streaming service.
Last month I saw a section of Justice League Action toys at Toys R Us. Since the merch appears to be selling well it could end up on there.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts