The possibility of seeing X-men/FF return to Marvel Animation?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
They've had the rights for cartoon series and video games. They've just been blocking the use of characters they didn't have movie rights to. Getting the movie rights back gives incentive for Marvel Entertainment to start using those characters again.

One bit of Marvel animated news I was excited about this year was the greenlighting of the Deadpool series. I'm glad that Fox had already put that in motion, amongst the other X-Men shows, because who really knows if Marvel would currently try something like that on their own. I can only hope that if it's successful, critically and commercially, that it might help get them to consider some more animation not aimed solely at young children.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I do wonder whether we'd have to wait until Marvel Studios does their own, in-house, X-Men and FF movie first before we see start seeing any hint of them in the cartoons again.

Especially since that is probably a long ways off :ack:.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
There's another 2 F4 cartoons that Disney would probably like to include in their streaming service, but currently can't because of rights issues: the 1967 cartoon and the 1979 Thing solo cartoon.

This is because they were produced by Hanna-Barbera, and their library is owned by Time Warner.

However, Disney is gaining the rights to the 1960s Batman TV series and its spin-off movie (based on the WB-owned DC Comics property) as part of the Fox purchase.

Disney and Time Warner can work out a trade. Disney would trade the 1960s Batman franchise to Time Warner, in return, Disney would get the rights to the H-B F4 cartoons and also New Line's Blade franchise.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Anyone else want an M Rated X-Men cartoon? Like an X-Force cartoon with Wolverine, Deadpool, Cyclops, Psylocke, Warpath and Rogue?

Hulkwummy

I want an X-Men Cartoon for all ages with Colossus in the main cast and Wolverine in his Tiger Stripe Costume.

Rabbitearsblog

I would love to have an X-Men cartoon where Colossus, Psylocke and Angel are actually apart of the main cast. One of my biggest issues with the older X-Men cartoons was that Colossus was barely apart of the main cast.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Anyone else want an M Rated X-Men cartoon? Like an X-Force cartoon with Wolverine, Deadpool, Cyclops, Psylocke, Warpath and Rogue?
I think a Wolverine adult or teen focused series could be great. I was really into the idea of something like that happening when it looked like Marvel had bigger plans for Wolverine than they did. If Logan got somebody at FX thinking of the possibility of a series the way that Deadpool did, that would be awesome.

As far as a general audience X-Men show goes, I think they probably need a reintroduction to kids in the way that EMH, X-Men TAS, or Spider-Man TAS did with those characters. I'd love nothing more than to see a show with quality writing and animation made about the X-Men.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Troy Troodon

Anyone know someone in the animation department I can ask regarding The FF, X-Men or Deadpool?

spyke

Not me. These characters were created for (and for many years, aimed at) all ages and should be always aimed at an all ages audience (with the exception of the occasional stand alone animated film). One of the reasons why current Marvel and DC comic book sales are so darn low (and falling) is because the Big 2 decided to move away from making most of their books for and/or aiming them at all ages in favor of aiming their books at the existing narrow shrinking adult readership.

Dudley

Staff member
Not me. These characters were created for (and for many years, aimed at) all ages and should be always aimed at an all ages audience (with the exception of the occasional stand alone animated film). One of the reasons why current Marvel and DC comic book sales are so darn low (and falling) is because the Big 2 decided to move away from making most of their books for and/or aiming them at all ages in favor of aiming their books at the existing narrow shrinking adult readership.

I agree.
However, I wouldn’t mind If Marvel makes PG-13 to R rated DTV films, like what DC has been doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I hope having access to the X-Men and FF inspires Marvel Animation to offer more variety going forward.

Like, I'm not saying they should be geared towards adults or older fans exclusively or anything, but an X-Men cartoon should not be written like they're The Avengers or the Guardians of the Galaxy and there are stories you can only tell with the X-Men that you can't with those groups.

thisguyisnotcool

I hope having access to the X-Men and FF inspires Marvel Animation to offer more variety going forward.

Like, I'm not saying they should be geared towards adults or older fans exclusively or anything, but an X-Men cartoon should not be written like they're The Avengers or the Guardians of the Galaxy and there are stories you can only tell with the X-Men that you can't with those groups.
I would say that would depend more the streaming service. It seems more and more cartoons are turning their to find a new audience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cassidy

Can you please share and sign this petition, it’s to get Marvel to appoint Craig Kyle as Marvel Animation President. He said he would bring back WATXM and other good Marvel shows that were on before Disney took over. Please hashtag #craigkyleformarvelanimationpresident. I am going to post the link to the petition on another post,(as I just joined this website). I believe that since the current shows are ending I believe older shows such as Wolverine and the X-Men and Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes can come back.

I really don’t like the Marvel shows that are on now, they were better before Disney took over.

I heard a theory about Jeph Loeb being sent by DC comics to ruin Marvel. (He worked for DC at one point).

Mod Note: Triple Post merged. Please use the Edit button next time instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLemsterPju

Can you please share and sign this petition, it’s to get Marvel to appoint Craig Kyle as Marvel Animation President. He said he would bring back WATXM and other good Marvel shows that were on before Disney took over. Please hashtag #craigkyleformarvelanimationpresident. I am going to post the link to the petition on another post,(as I just joined this website). I believe that since the current shows are ending I believe older shows such as Wolverine and the X-Men and Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes can come back.

I really don’t like the Marvel shows that are on now, they were better before Disney took over.

I heard a theory about Jeph Loeb being sent by DC comics to ruin Marvel. (He worked for DC at one point).

Mod Note: Triple Post merged. Please use the Edit button next time instead of posting multiple times in a row.

>"I don't like this"
>wants to change everything back to the "old ways"

That didn't work out so well for the Star Wars fandom. Let's not be disingenuous and controlling over kids cartoons, especially if it's not up to your tastes.

JoeMabbon

The Warrior

Even if this wasn't insane nonsense, they really did crap job. DC's shows couldn't even stay on the air while they were busy "sabotaging" Marvel.

>"I don't like this"
>wants to change everything back to the "old ways"

That didn't work out so well for the Star Wars fandom. Let's not be disingenuous and controlling over kids cartoons, especially if it's not up to your tastes.

Are you talking about the cartoons or the movies?

brodie999

Yeah, here's the link Cassidy was talking about. Ever since his son died, Loeb hasn't exactly been in the best state of mind.I think that's one of the reasons current Marvel projects have been bad-to mediocre. https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-appoint-craig-kyle-as-president-of-marvel-animation

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Feels like all the X-Men characters introduced after the 90's cartoon ended have gotten the shaft as far as animated appearances go, especially since Grant Morrison did so many fantastic things for the franchise for better or worse.

I also think the Future Foundation could easily be its own cartoon in its own right.

Cassidy

Feels like all the X-Men characters introduced after the 90's cartoon ended have gotten the shaft as far as animated appearances go, especially since Grant Morrison did so many fantastic things for the franchise for better or worse.

I also think the Future Foundation could easily be its own cartoon in its own right.
I think that we don’t see too much of the X-Men because Disney doesn’t care about what the fans want anymore.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts