Wanted: W/O/C VHS TV Recordings From Various Toon Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffyduck

Note: This a duplicate copy thread as seen here

Hello Toonzone,

One of the main reasons I've joined this forum is that I am trying to locate old TV cartoon recordings to add to my large cartoon collection, I've tried various forums and even youtube and not had much success as I hoped:sad: I thought I'll try and seek help from a cartoon forum. I don't know if this is allowed (apologies if it is not) as I can't find any threads about tape/DVD trading.

So here I go....

I'm asking any members here who has any TV recordings of "blocks" with original commercials (if possible) of Muppets/cartoons from various cartoon channels like "Cartoon Network", "Nickelodeon", etc. If anyone has any kind of recordings from the following channels, here's a list of channels that I am after:

Note: * = English Language recordings only, please
  • Cartoon Network: Classic cartoons from HB. Warner, MGM, etc only. Earlier recordings the better
  • Cartoon Network (UK): Classic cartoons from HB. Warner, MGM, etc only. Earlier recordings the better
  • Boomerang : Classic cartoons from HB. Warner, MGM, etc. Anytime before 2015 rebrand, earlier recordings the better.
  • Boomerang (Australia): Classic cartoons from HB. Warner, MGM, etc. Anytime before 2015 rebrand, earlier recordings the better.
  • Boomerang (UK): Classic cartoons from HB. Warner, MGM, etc. Anytime before 2015 rebrand, earlier recordings the better.. Also recordings with "Fraggle Rock" from July 2007.
  • *Teletoon Retro (Canda): Classic cartoons from HB. Warner, MGM, etc and "Fraggle Rock". Earlier recordings the better.=
  • Disney Channel (Australia): Muppets only (Like "The Muppet Show", "Muppet Tonight", etc)
  • Disney Channel: Muppets only
  • TNT (USA): Classic cartoons from HB. Warner, MGM, etc and Muppets (Like "The Muppet Show", "Fraggle Rock"). Earlier recordings the better
  • Nickelodeon (USA): Muppets (Like "The Muppet Show", "Fraggle Rock", etc)
  • Nick Jr.(Nickelodeon) (USA): Muppets
  • Nick Jr.(Nickelodeon) (Australia): Muppets and "Open Sesame"
  • Nickelodeon (UK): Muppets (Like "The Muppet Show", "Fraggle Rock", etc)
  • Odyssey (USA): Muppets only
  • *The Kermit Channel (Asia): Muppets only. [info]
  • *Tooncast (Latin America): Classic cartoons from HB. Warner, MGM, etc. [info]
I am also after these recordings, I believe these to exist:
  • TNT Christmas Specials 1989
    (hosted by two squeaky - voiced teenagers in Christmas sweaters sitting around a fire place - some parts later in disc are a little glitchy but still playable)
    - Adventures of Candy Claus
    - Tom & Jerry - the Night Before Christmas
    - Pup's Christmas- Popeye's Christmas- Bed Time For Sniffles
    - The Captain's Christmas- Peace On Earth
    - Also features an episode of The Jetsons
  • Cartoon Network from December 1999(2 Hours With Original Commercials)
    - Secret Squirrel(Yellow Pinkie)
    - Winsome Witch(Witch Witch Is Witch)
    - Squiddly Diddly(Naughty Astronaut)
    - Rocky And Bullwinkle Show(Wossamotta U)
    - Dudley Do Right(Saw Mill)
    - King Leonardo And His Short Subjects(Treasure Train)
    - World Of Commander McBragg(The Flying Pond)
    - The Hunter(School Days Fool Days)
    - World Of Commander McBragg(Singing Cowboy)
    - Dudley Do Right(Mountie Bear)
    - Yogi Bear(Yogi Bear's Big Break)
    - Augie Doggie And Doggie Daddy(Horse Fathers)
    - Hillbilly Bears(Woodpecked)
  • Cartoon Network from August 1995 and December 1999(2 Hours With Original Commercials)
    - Thundarr The Barbarian(Challenge Of The Wizards)
    - Fantastic Four(Blastaar The Living Bomb Burst)
    - Bedrock Cops(Bedlam On The Bedrock Express)
    - Captain Caveman(The Mummy's Worse)
    - Frankenstones(Rox Pox On You)
    - Pebbles Dino And Bamm Bamm(In Tune With Terror)
I would like to get cartoon recordings in DVD format rather than digital video files. If you can help me, I have a very large collection of cartoons, Muppets and stuff that I can offer in return. I don't know what the rules are on posting a link to my collection list but I can supply a link via PM if anyone is interested.

Please let me know, thank you for reading this post.

Last edited:

Micahel Cataldo

What were the episodes of The What a Cartoon Show, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Late Night Black & White, O Canada and Droopy that were aired in December 1999?

daffyduck

Are you saying those are all the things you have?! That would be epic.

Yep, like I said "I have a large collection":p

Can you upload the 1995 and 2000 recordings on archive.org?

I only do direct trades at the moment.

What does "w/o/c" stand for?

It means "with original commercials"

What were the episodes of The What a Cartoon Show, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Late Night Black & White, O Canada and Droopy that were aired in December 1999?

All the episode listings on each CN/Boomerang recording is listed here:
Hope all this helps everyone:)

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
That's great that so much content has been preserved. There's a lot on YouTube already, but I imagine your recordings contain some additional stuff that hasn't been seen yet or have better quality. Seeing you're one of the people that only does trades, you probably won't be sharing any of that 1994/1995 material anytime soon, I guess? I'd be psyched to get my hands on some of the full recordings eventually as you can imagine.

Micahel Cataldo

I don't see the episodes of The What a Cartoon Show, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Late Night Black & White, O Canada and Droopy from December 1999 in the episode listings.

Drunked

From The MSN Messenger era.
Mmm... Maybe
PollitoRespuesta.png

(Yes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts