"DC TV Universe" News & Discussion Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

I am curious if this will take place in the Arrowverse and be allowed to dive deeper into the magic corner of the DCU then Constantine did :).

Certainly the premise of a father/daughter team is a change of pace from the other Arrowverse shows as well ;).
If it's not Berlanti approved, probably won't fit. We'd have to wait on a pilot of sorts.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

juan1193

I hope Jaime Reyes shows up on the show! I loved his relationship with Traci in the comics! Plus the pairing has already been shown in the The Judas Contract and likely Young Justice as well.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I hope Jaime Reyes shows up on the show! I loved his relationship with Traci in the comics! Plus the pairing has already been shown in the The Judas Contract and likely Young Justice as well.
10/20: It would be cool if they hear reports of a 'blue monster' in Texas and check it out -- and it turns out to be Blue Beetle plus whatever the threat of the week is.

12/8: Programming note: Starting February 12, Legends takes Supergirl's Monday 8 pm slot then Supergirl returns on April 16 after Legends finishes.

12/9: Guggenheim, at ACE Comic Con panel, said Booster Gold and Blue Beetle have been talked about. He also said he'd like to use the Question.

Last edited:

the greenman

Well, it doesn't seem like that Blue and Gold movie is happening anymore, so...
The state of WB making those films are in flux. They need to think about what they want. Personally, I think they might want to make more standalones. SHAZAM being under the New Line umbrella seems fit for a solo effort.

Otaku-sempai

12/9: Guggenheim, at ACE Comic Con panel, said Booster Gold and Blue Beetle have been talked about. He also said he'd like to use the Question.
Part of me really wants to see Ted Kord and Booster on the Waverider. After all, Kord Industries has already been introduced in the Arrowverse.

I think that I'd like to see the Question guest-star on Black Lightning.

the greenman

Part of me really wants to see Ted Kord and Booster on the Waverider. After all, Kord Industries has already been introduced in the Arrowverse.

I think that I'd like to see the Question guest-star on Black Lightning.
They kinda stole Kord for Palmer imho. I feel like their presentation for Palmer just felt wrong.

Frontier

Staff member
They kinda stole Kord for Palmer imho. I feel like their presentation for Palmer just felt wrong.

Well they even admit that they basically just used the same direction they were going to use for Ted and just attached Ray's name to it.

Although I will say that I think Arrowverse Ray has been able to carve out his own original niche as a character once he became a Legend.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Deathstroke is back to being off-limits since there's the live action movie version being worked on. This is like the Supergirl season 2 episode "Supergirl Lives" when they were going to use Gordanians as the slavers but they found out they couldn't use them because of the Titans series being worked on.

Also, Guggenheim wanted to use the Question but he's off-limits and DC apparently has other plans for him.

Last edited:

the greenman

Deathstroke is back to being off-limits since there's the live action movie version being worked on. This is like the Supergirl season 2 episode "Supergirl Lives" when they were going to use Gordanians as the slavers but they found out they couldn't use them because of the Titans series being worked on.

Also, Guggenheim wanted to use the Question but he's off-limits and DC apparently has other plans for him.

I thought those sanctions ended with Johns.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I was also under the impression that the embargo's were over, but I guess that was just wishful thinking :sweat:.

DC's always talking about "Plans." We've heard "plans" for Ted Kord, Booster Gold, John Stewart, and now The Question but they've yet to actually see any of these so-called "plans" :confused:.

I didn't know about that Gordanian bit on Supergirl...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
DC's always talking about "Plans." We've heard "plans" for Ted Kord, Booster Gold, John Stewart, and now The Question but they've yet to actually see any of these so-called "plans" :confused:.
John Stewart? Didn't know about that on. I remember that vaguely Hal Jordan cameo in that one Arrow flashback.

I didn't know about that Gordanian bit on Supergirl...
I heard about it from the commentary on the Blu/DVD release.

Frontier

Staff member
John Stewart? Didn't know about that on. I remember that vaguely Hal Jordan cameo in that one Arrow flashback.
Once upon a time there were all these fan theories about Diggle really being John Stewart until Guggenheim commented that they didn't have access to him :sweat:.
I heard about it from the commentary on the Blu/DVD release.
Ah, cool :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Once upon a time there were all these fan theories about Diggle really being John Stewart until Guggenheim commented that they didn't have access to him :sweat:.
Oh yeah, totally forgot about that. The GL movie was in 2011 and GLC came up 2014 I think, a sequel of some form then GLC must have been off and on for those years. Yet, Stewart appeared in animation like YJ. Weird. Though, not like a GL appearing on Arrow would have been a good fit.

Otaku-sempai

That does make me wonder if Slade Wilson and any of his children might show up on Titans since they are so closely associated with the team (both as enemies and allies/members).

Frontier

Staff member
That does make me wonder if Slade Wilson and any of his children might show up on Titans since they are so closely associated with the team (both as enemies and allies/members).
Well, even if they abstain from the Wilson's they've still got Trigon, Blackfire, and a few other stray Titans villains they can use ;).

They can probably do their own versions of Brother Blood and HIVE too since the Arrowverse has already finished with those concepts :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts