TALKBACK - OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes - "Let's Watch the Pilot" - [12/1 (Online) 2/19 (TV)]

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
jK11FbB.jpg

Episode 43
Qoc0MBK.jpg

Mondays at 6:45p/5:45c!

Let's Watch the Pilot
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 12/1
(TV) MONDAY 2/19 at 6:45 PM

This week...

KO, Rad, and Enid look back at the Lakewood Plaza Turbo pilot.​

Last edited:

ToonJay723

Staff member
This was a great episode. I loved the character's commentary and the blooper reels. That Kennedy Kick Dance gag was the best part of the episode.

GlassCake

The Tiny Toons reference was adorably cute and funny. I really liked it.

wiley207

That was fun how they parodied Kennedy Cartoons! Now I'd like to see Disney take a crack at them, given how Kennedy worked for Disney after being fired from Tiny Toons.

DeanBurrito25

The Kennedy Cartoons reference got me good. Ian JQ is such an animation dork and I love it.

The throwaway gag that Rad "dubbed" all of Darryl's lines in the pilot was a bit of a slow burn. I was wondering why Darryl had an inexplicably baritone voice for no reason.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'll consider this one of the shows best efforts (God Tier) - simply because of this: Between this, Regular Show, and Clarence - all three are shows to have done episodes expanding on their official pilots - this is the absolute best. And for me, there's otherwise nothing else to say beyond that that I'm not used to by now out of this otherwise above-average to awesome-enough show (so far, of course...).

SaneMan

I'll consider this one of the shows best efforts (God Tier) - simply because of this: Between this, Regular Show, and Clarence - all three are shows to have done episodes expanding on their official pilots - this is the absolute best. And for me, there's otherwise nothing else to say beyond that that I'm not used to by now out of this otherwise above-average to awesome-enough show (so far, of course...).
Regular show also included the student projects it was loosely based on in the finale

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Regular show also included the student projects is was loosely based on in the finale

Well, if we're not including that (which was essential to making the masterful work that was RS's series finale), than this was the best at what I'm getting at; Otherwise, if we're talking about First Day (from RS: Season 3), than that effort pales in comparison to this one, IMHO.

Eldorado

You know what's funny, before this episode I had no idea that K.O. did that mouth thing in the pilot. I went back to it and lo and behold it was there. Now I feel like an idiot for not noticing that sort of thing.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
That Kennedy joke is the kind that you'd only get if you are into these animation tidbits, and I love it for that.

But the entire episode was great in general, and is yet another example where I always forget just how fun the show is until I watch it again. It felt so surreal but very satisfying to see a cartoon actively describe what a pilot is, giving a little bit of industry information to the young ones, which is always nice.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Please update the thread the episode airs Monday February 19th at 6:45 PM.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts