Nickelodeon Ratings Thread 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillK15

What just happened? All of that promotion and this is what they get?? Even The Loud House beated them! This is an OUTRAGE!!

jaylop97

Staff member
HA did really well in the Adult demo no surprise considering the current audience of the show, either way too bad releasing it earlier than the TV premiere did affect it.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
The ratings were split because somehow they're considered separate networks, so that's why you see ratings for both.

Should they both be combined or kept separate? Because that kind of implies the Nick at Nite ratings were specifically for people who were watching when it 'shifted'.

kanc

Should they both be combined or kept separate? Because that kind of implies the Nick at Nite ratings were specifically for people who were watching when it 'shifted'.
Nick at Nite on Fri starts at 8PM, so that's why ratings are separate

And also The Jungle Movie ratings are very disappointing, and there has been high trend for movie. But I guess this isn't enough to bring even more audience, or possibly due to nick.com releasing it earlier than premiere

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Nick at Nite on Fri starts at 8PM, so that's why ratings are separate

And also The Jungle Movie ratings are very disappointing, and there has been high trend for movie. But I guess this isn't enough to bring even more audience, or possibly due to nick.com releasing it earlier than premiere
Probably because it mostly was meant to appeal to an adult audience. And adult audiences, put simply, don't watch much live TV anymore, at least not off the cable box.

Zeether

HASSHA!!
I wonder if they're looking at the stream views as well. I don't think those ratings are bad, I expected worse and number 6 on top 50 isn't too shabby

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I wonder if they're looking at the stream views as well. I don't think those ratings are bad, I expected worse and number 6 on top 50 isn't too shabby
They’ll probably at least look at the combined numbers from the the main channel and the other networks it aired on (they’ve done that in the past). That would bring it up to 1,752,000 (if they’re going to count the Nick@Nite numbers too, then it would be 2,898,000, though I’m not sure if they’ll do that since it’s technically the same channel).
The ratings were split because somehow they're considered separate networks, so that's why you see ratings for both.
I guess they didn’t know that Nick@Nite signed on an hour later than usual on Friday.

They’ll probably at least look at the combined numbers from the the main channel and the other networks it aired on (they’ve done that in the past). That would bring it up to 1,752,000 (if they’re going to count the Nick@Nite numbers too, then it would be 2,898,000, though I’m not sure if they’ll do that since it’s technically the same channel).

I guess they didn’t know that Nick@Nite signed on an hour later than usual on Friday.
Actually, considering that they split the ratings on Nick/Nick at Nite you just add the two numbers and divide it actually scored an average of 1.268 million views on Nick, with the simulcasts, it totals 1.630 million views on TV.

JTOONSAnimation

I know people were expecting numbers to be 2.5+ million viewers, but the movie actually did great for its release. As many people know Black Friday ratings usually aren't the strongest so this was somewhat expected.

I believe Nickelodeon could've put more effort into promoting it, instead of promoting it a few weeks notice. It seems NickSplat, had put more effort promoting the movie IMO, they've been doing it since late-September on their network.

I just hope Nickelodeon has a good understanding of this, and doesn't consider not bringing back classics for movies, because they seem to be doing it right.

Rabbitearsblog

I know people were expecting numbers to be 2.5+ million viewers, but the movie actually did great for its release. As many people know Black Friday ratings usually aren't the strongest so this was somewhat expected.

I believe Nickelodeon could've put more effort into promoting it, instead of promoting it a few weeks notice. It seems NickSplat, had put more effort promoting the movie IMO, they've been doing it since late-September on their network.

I just hope Nickelodeon has a good understanding of this, and doesn't consider not bringing back classics for movies, because they seem to be doing it right.

This is disappointing, although at the same time, it's understandable that many kids of the newer generation had probably never heard of Hey Arnold! before and they wanted to watch the Loud House instead. Although, I personally think that this movie did well for the adult audience and maybe this will convince Nickelodeon to bring back more classic Nicktoons, if the will is strong enough for the other Nicktoons.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Oh come on guys, if you combine the ratings for Hey Arnold!:TJM on both Nickelodeon, Nick@Nite, Nicktoons, and TeenNick, you would get 2.88 views! You afraid that this Friday's encore at 8PM will get pulled?

Also, combine the ratings for the premiere of TLH's "The Crying Dame" and "Anti-Social" on both Nick, TeenNick, and Nicktoons, and you would get 1.99 views.

Rabbitearsblog

Oh come on guys, if you combine the ratings for Hey Arnold!:TJM on both Nickelodeon, Nick@Nite, Nicktoons, and TeenNick, you would get 2.88 views! You afraid that this Friday's encore at 8PM will get pulled?

Also, combine the ratings for the premiere of TLH's "The Crying Dame" and "Anti-Social" on both Nick, TeenNick, and Nicktoons, and you would get 1.99 views.

What's Nickelodeon's requirements for good ratings? Like, I know that the main Nickelodeon channel wants at least 2 million views, but what are Nick at Nite's numbers or TeenNick's numbers to get good ratings?

rockorockorocko

Considering ALL of the K2-11 demo in 2017 has probably NEVER been exposed to Hey Arnold, I think the ratings came in solid - especially with the addition of the other networks. I'm not sure how you factor in the NaN ratings. You DO NOT add them to the sum total, because thats the same channel. What Nick will do is either average out the ratings or keep it split.

Fan reaction was amazing. But the K2-11 demo will be telling whether or not Nick considers a reboot. I've said it many times, Hey Arnold would pair nicely with TLH in terms of style, tone and topics. Kind the older version. It's golden.

kanc

@Elijah Abrams the ratings for Nickelodeon and nick at nite is separate:

Actually, considering that they split the ratings on Nick/Nick at Nite you just add the two numbers and divide it actually scored an average of 1.268 million views on Nick, with the simulcasts, it totals 1.630 million views on TV.

November 25th
Henry Danger
Nickelodeon: 1,917,000 (0.40)
Nick at Nite: 1,900,000 (0.44)
Nicktoons: 326,000 (0.06)
TeenNick: 240,000 (0.04)

Nick Jr.
Hey Duggee: 428,000 (0.09)

November 26th
Nickelodeon HALO Awards 2017
Nickelodeon: 1,289,000 (0.23)
Nicktoons: 189,000 (0.04)
TeenNick: 258,000 (0.05)

Rabbitearsblog

So, in regards to the Hey Arnold! Jungle Movie, were the ratings for it good or bad? I know that it didn't meet the criteria for the main channel (which is reaching 2 million views, while this movie only reached 1.3 million on the main Nickelodeon channel), but is the overall ratings good or bad?

kanc

Well at least Danger Games Crossover did well, hitting at least 2.4 mil viewers (total in all networks). Halo Awards got 1.736 (for all networks). Simulcasting across networks is helping out though.. Hey Arnold Jungle Movie total networks got 1.63 mil viewers...

Rabbitearsblog

Well at least Danger Games Crossover did well, hitting at least 2.4 mil viewers (total in all networks). Halo Awards got 1.736 (for all networks). Simulcasting across networks is helping out though.. Hey Arnold Jungle Movie total networks got 1.63 mil viewers...

So, that would be a bad thing for the Hey Arnold Jungle Movie since it didn't meet the 2 million views criteria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts