Will a third season of "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" happen?

Will it happen?

• Someday it will, have hope and stay positive!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • It could happen on another channel/service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The closest we'll get is a (probably not as good) reboot

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • (sings) MOTU AUR PATLU KI JODI! (or in other words, it just won't happen)

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
A third season of "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" was planned, but didn't happen because it was more popular with adults than kids. It didn't help that the show didn't have a lot of merchandise aside from DVD's and a few books. If it had merchandise, it could've been more successful, but no, Marvel cared more about the Super Hero Squad and their "Marvel Heroes" products than Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men only had half as many episodes, and they had a fair amount of merchandise (I remember having a Leapster game of the latter as a kid).

I was thinking about a third season airing on a place like Cartoon Network. They air a different incarnation of Transformers than the one on Discovery Family, so why not have a separate Avengers incarnation? If not, then I think they could just reboot this show in the future, but I don't think it would be as good (different producer, different voice actors, different plots, etc.).

But what do you think? Will it ever happen? Let me know by posting a reply!

TheGreatOne2

They could put season 3 of Avengers Earths Mighest heroes on Disney's new streaming service which Disney is planning to start sometime in 2019

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Looking at the treatment action and DC cartoons have received on Cartoon Network over the past 6 or 7 years, I wouldn't want to see another Marvel cartoon debut there. After four years of Assemble, Marvel has also moved way on from EMH. Marvel Animation has never been a company that embraced past shows to the degree that WB does with the DC shows, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I honestly don't see them doing more Earth's Mightiest Heroes while Assemble is still going. And since they're pretty much re-branding each new season to match the Marvel Cinematic Universe some more for synergy, I suppose it will still be here for a while.

I'd love to see more EMH, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon, if ever. And I don't think the show would end up on Cartoon Network, either. I'm also not sure they could get back the exact same crew that started EMH to work on a new season, if it were to happen.

Freddy

It hurts me to say this, but AEMH will never get third season. Doesn't matter how we feel about it, Marvel is clearly pleased with how AA has been performing (if nothing else, they are at least happy with the sales numbers of all the Avengers themed merchandise), so there's really no reason for them not just continue that. And when AA finally ends, it's going to be easier/cheaper to just do another reboot than get AEMH's team back to together.

jaylop97

Staff member
I think that ship has passed and as much as I would enjoy a third season it is unlikely, Marvel is more into AA and even if it was to finish I wouldn't expect them to go back to EMH because they will likely just make another show altogether.

SweetShop209

It could happen in a realm of possibility, but the FOX embargo would have to be lifted given how prominent characters like the X Men and the Fantastic Four were. Even ignoring that, it would take quite a bit of time to revive it given how shows like SamuraiJack, HeyArnold, and YoungJustice took years to revive, all having at least 1 principle crew member that died between the end of the original run and the revival period. It could be ten years before this show comes back.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I thought the last episode was great and I am cool with them ending on that high note. The Marvel cartoon I REALLY want to see come back is Wolverine and the X-Men.

Medinnus

Staff member
Your premise is wrong - AEMH was killed because in the business world, you don't get any credit for another person's hit show. Loeb wanted HIS Avengers show to cash in on the success of the movies, so he pulled the plug on the excellent show so he could reboot it as "new and improved!".

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Your premise is wrong - AEMH was killed because in the business world, you don't get any credit for another person's hit show. Loeb wanted HIS Avengers show to cash in on the success of the movies, so he pulled the plug on the excellent show so he could reboot it as "new and improved!".
We know how that show turned out.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

TheLemsterPju

I thought the last episode was great and I am cool with them ending on that high note. The Marvel cartoon I REALLY want to see come back is Wolverine and the X-Men.

This.

If any previous Marvel show still has remotely a chance of a continuation, it's WatXM.

Hulkwummy

I agree, ending shows in a cliffhanger is not cool.

I Really hope they revive these shows for another season. Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. and maybe make new shows of that caliber like the unproduced Hulk Gamma Corps.

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

brodie999

I Really hope they revive these shows for another season. Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. and maybe make new shows of that caliber like the unproduced Hulk Gamma Corps.
Yeah, me too. I hope they make that unproduced Thor show that was set to air in 2010 and make it and Hulk: Gamma Corps set in the EMH and WATXM universe. It'd be able to form a new Marvel Animated Universe that's hopefully better than the trash one that we've got right now.

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
Yeah, me too. I hope they make that unproduced Thor show that was set to air in 2010 and make it and Hulk: Gamma Corps set in the EMH and WATXM universe. It'd be able to form a new Marvel Animated Universe that's hopefully better than the trash one that we've got right now.
It also would've been cool if that unproduced Captain America show from 1998 actually happened in the 2010's in the same universe, complete with Brian Bloom voicing the title character.

TheLemsterPju

Weren't you wanting a 3rd season of Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. not too long ago? You seem really invested in the new shows for a while. I'm getting the impression you're trying to "fit in" with the many other vocal detractors as some form of anti-social 'acceptance'.

Be honest with your views, dude. Don't say what others want you to hear if it means 180ing your true impressions.

(Inb4 AdrenalineRush thinks I'm 'hating' on opinions again rather than attempting to correct one's flimsy intentions/arguments.)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts