New Cartoon Network Pilots

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
The thing is, the creators might be going for a darker tone on purpose and they always wanted it to be on Adult Swim, or maybe they have a new strategy or something and they'll air it in the early part of Adult Swim?

I personally find it a bit confusing, if they aired the pilot on CN and the pilot itself are compare to other CN shows, it probably would never end up on AS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

element

I personally find it a bit confusing, if they aired the pilot on CN and the pilot itself are compare to other CN shows, it probably would never end up on AS.

It does seem weird, maybe they recently aired the pilot again to test things out and to help them decide where to put the show, on CN or AS? It would make sense.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
Guys, I just noticed something pretty crazy after an anonymous person pointed it out on /co/, at least I don't know if it's been pointed out here.

Remember this tote bag and how it featured one of the brothers from Victor and Valentino and one other girl.

That girl is from Close Enough. Maybe Close Enough did move to AS if they cancelled the block where it was supposed to air on TBS.

MOa2bPY.png

https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/new-cartoon-network-pilots.5569672/page-9#post-85672502

This design was posted after TBS put out their Trailer for Close Enough, on July 21st. This design was put online on September 20th, so things could've quickly changed, I wouldn't be surprised. This potential leak blog post is made in September.

Edit: The Close Enough Trailer and where the girl first appears
The tote bag is done by Drew Green, who works on Mighty Magiswords, and depicts characters from shows that are produced by Cartoon Network Studios. Close Enough is produced by Cartoon Network Studios.

element

The tote bag is done by Drew Green, who works on Mighty Magiswords, and depicts characters from shows that are produced by Cartoon Network Studios. Close Enough is produced by Cartoon Network Studios.
Yes, I obviously know it is produced by Cartoon Network studios, but the show was supposed to be for a TBS, why include it with all of the other CN shows on the bag?

Edit: Doesn't it seem kind of out of place to have the character from an adult cartoon for a different Network in between all the other characters that are from shows for kids?

Dudley

Staff member
Yes, I obviously know it is produced by Cartoon Network studios, but the show was supposed to be for a TBS, why include it with all of the other CN shows on the bag?

Edit: Doesn't it seem kind of out of place to have the character from an adult cartoon for a different Network in between all the other characters that are from shows for kids?

The bag is for people who work at the studio, featuring characters from shows people worked on there. It’s not meant to be sold at the public. It shouldn’t matter where the show airs or who the target audience is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

element

The bag is for people who work at the studio, featuring characters from shows people worked on there. It’s not meant to be sold at the public. It shouldn’t matter where the show airs or who the target audience is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do have a point. But I still find it weird.

element

Here's a question, how come did no one notice this earlier? It's a pretty huge possible leak. I know blogs are kind of dead nowadays, but come on...

SaneMan

Eeeh?? Infinity Train I could understand, but does Victor and Valentino really need to be an adult type show? Forgive the comparison, but Gravity Falls proves that you can have a balanced mystery show with enough intrigue and laughs to entertain both children and adults.

I think it's also worth mentioning that "Close Enough" is listed under Adult Swim as well, which it's not airing on- it's going to TBS. Also, Steve Hulett acknowledged that his post is several months old and out-of-date in the comments.

Maybe it is because both pilots had more adult fans than child fans

The Problem Solverz pilot was originally on Adult Swim, but ended on CN

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Maybe it is because both pilots had more adult fans than child fans

Probably so, even though CN do not rely on those outside the targeted demographics, although I could be wrong with it.

SaneMan

Probably so, even though CN do not rely on those outside the targeted demographics, although I could be wrong with it.

That is the thing
They are probably trying to avoid the situation with SU and AT, but just shipping it to AS

element

That is the thing
They are probably trying to avoid the situation with SU and AT, but just shipping it to AS
What you were saying earlier that IT and V&V both probably had more adult/older fans makes a lot of sense. I'm sure CN used the statistics they gathered from the official uploads on YT and wherever else they put it, they must've determined that the people that really care about these shows are young adults.

Since that leak post is probably outdated, maybe CN re-aired the V&V pilot to help them decide where to put the series after all.

element

What would you interpret out of this? It's a comment that the blog leaker guy recently made, which states that IT is confirmed from 2 of his sources, but the confusing part is the format of the season itself.

There's also been this other interesting discussion on the Infinity Train subreddit, making it seem like IT and VV could air on a new thing called Adult Swim Jr.

Edit: There are also some pretty interesting comments on these reddit topics I listed.

Edit: From what I gathered, IT is either in the same format that Rick and Morty and Samurai Jack Season 5, with ten episodes that have run times of 22 minutes. And maybe that can be considered a mini-series in a way as well in a way. Then there is the possibility that there will be 10 and a half hours of content, which is a lot, but it is weird how big the difference potentially is between his two sources. If it does end up being a mini-series, then just how short are we talking and to what extent is something considered a mini-series?

Edit: I was pretty opposed to the idea of IT being a mini-series because it just seems too short. If IT ends up having 20 episodes that have run times of 11 minutes for example, which is another possibility , can that be considered a mini? I'd personally consider that an entire season of a 22min per episode show, but where the episodes are separated in 11 minute chunks. I would be fine with that, but I won't be fine with just 10 episodes that are 11 minutes long.

Last edited:

DonTrashRoom

What would you interpret out of this? It's a comment that the blog leaker guy recently made, which states that IT is confirmed from 2 of his sources, but the confusing part is the format of the season itself.

There's also been this other interesting discussion on the Infinity Train subreddit, making it seem like IT and VV could air on a new thing called Adult Swim Jr.

Edit: There are also some pretty interesting comments on these reddit topics I listed.

Edit: From what I gathered, IT is either in the same format that Rick and Morty and Samurai Jack Season 5, with ten episodes that have run times of 22 minutes. And maybe that can be considered a mini-series in a way as well in a way. Then there is the possibility that there will be 10 and a half hours of content, which is a lot, but it is weird how big the difference potentially is between his two sources. If it does end up being a mini-series, then just how short are we talking and to what extent is something considered a mini-series?

Edit: I was pretty opposed to the idea of IT being a mini-series because it just seems too short. If IT ends up having 20 episodes that have run times of 11 minutes for example, which is another possibility , can that be considered a mini? I'd personally consider that an entire season of a 22min per episode show, but where the episodes are separated in 11 minute chunks. I would be fine with that, but I won't be fine with just 10 episodes that are 11 minutes long.
I am taking this all with a grain of salt, since the Reddit posts seem like typical rumor mill stuff. Even if Hullet's posts have the slightest shred of credibility.

DonTrashRoom

Well it is speculation for a reason.
Also, now that I think of it, [adult swim] jr. might be AS setting up their next April Fools Day joke months in advance, since the bump said "Coming Spring 2018" (April is in Spring) and there is no press release/media coverage of any kind.

element

Also, now that I think of it, [adult swim] jr. might be AS setting up their next April Fools Day joke months in advance, since the bump said "Coming Spring 2018" (April is in Spring) and there is no press release/media coverage of any kind.
Very true, it could be an April 1st joke. Or they're mind gaming us.

Zorak Masaki

I dont even know what an "Adult Swim Jr" would be, unless they're going to give the 8 o clock hour to shows that, while kid-friendly, also have adult appeal (and that would just essentially be giving the 8 o clock hour back to CN).

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Speculation or not, Infinity Train works like OTGW to me: it can only truly work as a miniseries. The other shows I'm looking don't have this issue, otherwise.

Regardless, I could use some concrete news on IT getting greenlit or not, which would be nice.

element

Speculation or not, Infinity Train works like OTGW to me: it can only truly work as a miniseries. The other shows I'm looking don't have this issue, otherwise.

Regardless, I could use some concrete news on IT getting greenlit or not, which would be nice.
If it gets 10 episodes that have between 25-30 minutes of content each, would that even still be considered a mini-series? If it is the entire show I'd just call it a complete show, only if that ends up being the episode length.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts