New Cartoon Network Pilots

Digamma-F-Wau

There's no confirmation that it's been greenlit.
On one hand, true, but on the other hand, it's certainly noteworthy that none of the non-V&V pilots that aren't confirmed greenlit are in the image while V&V is. (plus shows are often publicly announced a while after they're greenlit, usually by a few months, with the most egregious example being OK KO)

szjdfgs

OK, so do you remember the Back to Backspace pilot?

Cartoon Network of Latin America and Cartoon Network Brazil just released the Spanish and Portuguese dubs respectively.

The only other pilot to receive a dub is Apple & Onion, which was already confirmed as being picked-up by CN

Does this possibly mean anything?

CN LA and BR have been airing these on their feeds dubbed and later uploading them on YouTube. It probably means y'all are reading too much into this.

Last edited:

szjdfgs

There's a high chance Victor and Valentino might've been greenlit.

victor_and_tina_turner.png

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
They do that to tease me.

I find Danger Planet way more promising than Victor & Valentino.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Please let Danger Planet stay dead. That pilot sucked.

Victor and Valentino? Come on down! I figured it was being greenlit considering one of the characters was in that pic on the previous page that featured characters from current and upcoming cartoons.

Last edited:

DeanBurrito25

Please let Danger Planet stay dead. That pilot sucked.
Hey now. Danger Planet might not have had the longevity to carry an entire series, but it was still a fun pilot/short regardless, especially with Dana Snyder and Tom Kenny as the leads. The protagonist is a sentient arcade cabinet, which is wonderfully weird in and of itself.

Victor and Valentino could probably last a good long while, especially with the ongoing plot the pilot hinted at, so there's no disagreement there.

Troy Troodon

Steve Hullet, who used to run the Animation Guild blog, has a new blog, and he’s been keeping tabs on what’s in production at the moment.

http://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2017/09/work-around-town.html?m=1

Looks like Victor and Valentino and Infinity Train might be heading to Adult Swim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm... I'm actually not surprised at this point, considering Adult Swim seems to actually care more for their programming than the actual CN block does.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
Steve Hullet, who used to run the Animation Guild blog, has a new blog, and he’s been keeping tabs on what’s in production at the moment.

Looks like Victor and Valentino and Infinity Train might be heading to Adult Swim.

I consider it to be a questionable source right now. No way to verify any of the claims made in that post. I think we should wait for something official, say, the 2018 upfronts?

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active

I wouldn’t be sure if it’ll end up there, this could be just a speculation, plus from the way how the pilot is, it just wouldn’t fit well into it at all, they’re too kid friendly.

To be honest, I don’t think this accurate enough though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DeanBurrito25

Eeeh?? Infinity Train I could understand, but does Victor and Valentino really need to be an adult type show? Forgive the comparison, but Gravity Falls proves that you can have a balanced mystery show with enough intrigue and laughs to entertain both children and adults.

I think it's also worth mentioning that "Close Enough" is listed under Adult Swim as well, which it's not airing on- it's going to TBS. Also, Steve Hulett acknowledged that his post is several months old and out-of-date in the comments.

element

It would be amazing if IT went to adult swim. At least it will get a good treatment there and the ratings there are better than CN ones.

I consider it to be a questionable source right now. No way to verify any of the claims made in that post. I think we should wait for something official, say, the 2018 upfronts?

True. When is the upfront coming by the way?

I wouldn’t be sure if it’ll end up there, this could be just a speculation, plus from the way how the pilot is, it just wouldn’t fit well into it at all, they’re too kid friendly.

To be honest, I don’t think this accurate enough though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eeeh?? Infinity Train I could understand, but does Victor and Valentino really need to be an adult type show? Forgive the comparison, but Gravity Falls proves that you can have a balanced mystery show with enough intrigue and laughs to entertain both children and adults.

I think it's also worth mentioning that "Close Enough" is listed under Adult Swim as well, which it's not airing on- it's going to TBS. Also, Steve Hulett acknowledged that his post is several months old and out-of-date in the comments.

The thing is, the creators might be going for a darker tone on purpose and they always wanted it to be on Adult Swim, or maybe they have a new strategy or something and they'll air it in the early part of Adult Swim?

Edit: I should've explained myself better, maybe they always wanted it to be darker and more serious.

Last edited:

element

Guys, I just noticed something pretty crazy after an anonymous person pointed it out on /co/, at least I don't know if it's been pointed out here.

Remember this tote bag and how it featured one of the brothers from Victor and Valentino and one other girl.

That girl is from Close Enough. Maybe Close Enough did move to AS if they cancelled the block where it was supposed to air on TBS.

MOa2bPY.png

https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/new-cartoon-network-pilots.5569672/page-9#post-85672502

This design was posted after TBS put out their Trailer for Close Enough, on July 21st. This design was put online on September 20th, so things could've quickly changed, I wouldn't be surprised. This potential leak blog post is made in September.

Edit: The Close Enough Trailer and where the girl first appears

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts