Looney Tunes: Title Goofs, Altered endings, Dubbed Versions, etc. discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool_Cat

End of the patience.

I'll leave this thread until the moderators will intervene on this user. This is going too far.

If the rest of you want to contact me privately, you're welcome.

As for now on, goodbye.

DVDLooney

I've been paying close attention to this thread and I have been enjoying the discussion over the different Dubbed Version differences, A.A.P prints, etc. However, @Manuel Lobato Pozo, I strongly recommend that you stop with your behavior. Asking questions is fine, but asking probing questions week in and week out just makes you seem like a pest and infuriates the people in the thread. Honestly, I'm surprised a Toonzone moderator hasn't roved this thread, reprimanded you and did away with this thread in one fell swoop. With that, I'm not a moderator either, but in respect for ToonZone, could you please stop it? Thanks.

Last edited:

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
I don't want to take part in the argument against @MLP, because I'm ignoring him at least, so I don't need to read his idiotic and stupid questions about redrawn prints.

Anyways, two things which I want to share to you:
1. Despite that What's Brewin Bruin?, 1948 is only reissued short from LT series to have 1948 LT original end card left intact on its dubbed version, it doesn't seem that it has its original end card retained. Look at the cue marks at the end of the cartoon (compare between the 1995 Dubbed version and Laserdisc print). If I'm wrong, I'm sorry:
EMYmHWI.jpg

24z9NTh.jpg

2. I don't know it was noticed or not, but in the old Polish dubbing of "You Ought To Be in Pictures" (done for Carrotblanca VHS), the original ending music cue is replaced by Box Office Bunny ending music cue but with Porky's saying That's all folks!. evidence: http://chomikuj.pl/Nieznam123/Zwari...c5*84+gwiazdorem+(1940),5841874190.mkv(video) (Please don't forget, that I only synced the 1997 dubbing version used in the Carrotblanca to the B/W print).

luki

I don't want to take part in the argument against @MLP, because I'm ignoring him at least, so I don't need to read his idiotic and stupid questions about redrawn prints.

1. Despite that What's Brewin Bruin?, 1948 is only reissued short from LT series to have 1948 LT original end card left intact on its dubbed version, it doesn't seem that it has its original end card retained. Look at the cue marks at the end of the cartoon (compare between the 1995 Dubbed version and Laserdisc print). If I'm wrong, I'm sorry:
EMYmHWI.jpg

24z9NTh.jpg

2. I don't know it was noticed or not, but in the old Polish dubbing of "You Ought To Be in Pictures" (done for Carrotblanca VHS), the original ending music cue is replaced by Box Office Bunny ending music cue but with Porky's saying That's all folks!. evidence: http://chomikuj.pl/Nieznam123/Zwari...c5*84+gwiazdorem+(1940),5841874190.mkv(video) (Please don't forget, that I only synced the 1997 dubbing version used in the Carrotblanca to the B/W print).
The Original Ending Retains Too In The US Dubbed Version

A-Cecil

Banned

EMYmHWI.jpg

24z9NTh.jpg

1. Interesting - besides the color differences, if one looks closely the cue mark is much smaller and more translucent in the dubbed version, and also the original version title card appears to be much more zoomed in than the dubbed version's ending card.

1995 dubbed version

AAP version

2. Say, that sounds odd for the Porky drum ending. They could've re-used the same kind of altered Porky drum ending music as for the Turner-owned pre-1948 shorts instead.

Last edited:

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
1. Interesting - besides the color differences, if one looks closely the cue mark is much smaller and more translucent in the dubbed version, and also the original version title card appears to be much more zoomed in than the dubbed version's ending card.

1995 dubbed version

AAP version

2. Say, that sounds odd for the Porky drum ending. They could've re-used the same kind of altered Porky drum ending music as for the Turner-owned pre-1948 shorts instead.

Pre-1948 LT shorts were dubbed for C+ in 1996 and Carrotblanca dub was done in 1997, so they couldn't use the Carrotblanca Porky drum ending from the You Ought To Be in Pictures.

Anyways, I found also that the Laserdisc print of "Haredevil Hare", 1948 has blue borders at the opening titles, and red borders at the ending titles.

Dreth

Hey guys, I messaged an admin so they can do something about Manuel.

Anyways, if some of you guys (sans manuel) wanna do a discord discussion of the Looney Tunes goofs, topics, message me. :)

Harley

Embarassment Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
The behavior in this thread towards a particular forum member is unacceptable. Let me make myself perfectly clear. Going forward, anyone threatening action against another user with the intent of making them want to commit suicide will be permanently banned from Toonzone and I will provide your information to the authorities. A moderator will be looking at this thread to issue warnings to anyone who engaged in or threatened to engage in cruelty.

If you are thoroughly incapable of conducting yourselves with kindness, then at least muster civility. Like an adult. If you absolutely cannot handle looking at the posts of another forum member with whom you do not mesh, go to their profile and hit the ignore button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts