Looney Tunes: Title Goofs, Altered endings, Dubbed Versions, etc. discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
You asked, how would look the 1995 print of "Now That Summer is Gone". Okay, here's the answer (credits: @Cool_Cat):
OEN1R63.jpg

iqFvave.jpg

lzt7fS5.jpg

If I'm spamming, I'm sorry.

LooneyTuney18

Apparently, international m/e tracks existed back prior to 1995 Turner dubbed versions because I see that the old French and Latin Spanish dubs of The Henpecked Duck both have the same one :eek:. And I don't know where do these music cues come from but I don't think it's from any Looney Tunes or Merrie Melodies cartoon

luki

If Someone Want To See The Dubbed Version of 'The Major Lied 'til Down' Say The Thanks To Solo Cartoons For Found It And Upluaded It

Dreth

If Someone Want To See The Dubbed Version of 'The Major Lied 'til Down' Say The Thanks To Solo Cartoons For Found It And Upluaded It

Looks like for the US Version atleast, they kept the elephant ending, and slapped the dubbed notice on it.

A-Cecil

Banned
It Is The US Version
Yes, it is in NTSC pitch.

And speaking about The Major Lied Till Dawn's Turner print, I noticed that the borders are only present at the ending, but not at the opening titles, and it DOES exist uncut (the African natives scene is left intact).

You're fired!
Few minutes ago I noticed, that European release of Big Top Bunny VHS (Looney Tunes Presents) has one short replaced, Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid was replaced by Bully for Bugs.

Yeah, yeah, I'm Captain Obvious. Thanks guys.

You're fired!

I have no idea, but I think that it was better to use previously dubbed master from 1997/98 VHS releases rather than creating a new dubbing version for new material.

Also Tweety VHSes on this set have replacements: Home Tweet Home was replaced by A Street Cat Named Sylvester and Tugboat Granny was replaced by Muzzle Tough.

Last edited:

Cool_Cat

@A-Cecil That print of The Major Lied Til Dawn is edited and a minute shorter. Not all the African natives are edited but many of them are (like the guy eating the peel and throwing the banana away).

By the way, speaking of post 48 shorts, the prints like the one of Half Fare Hare were aired on the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show on Teletoon Retro, except the ones which were replaced by the Golden Jubilee prints, meaning these prints are probably among the oldest ones, and I believe they were shot around the same time as the old pre 48 ones. They were also used in a series of videos I found aired on Canal + in Poland called "Zagadka BB" where they show clips of various cartoons. Some of these prints have the TV intro, but all the ones shown recently on TV do not, as in the Bugs Bunny Tweety Show many of them had a digital title card.

And also, the UK version of the first 7 volumes of The Looney Tunes Video Show begin with this (volume 2 for Tuesday and so on):

vlcsnap-2017-11-05-21h14m12s84.png

and look exactly like the prints aired by BBC both video and audio quality wise. I have a feeling these were from a package aired by BBC but they released only a full week on VHS and then after an year made new masters for the other Video Show volumes.

Future_Sam

So, we finally found the dubbed version for The Major Lied Til Dawn. All we need to find is the EU print.

A-Cecil

Banned
Is there any some european dubbed versions of harman-ising merrie melodies?
There are EU dubbed versions for all the Harman-Ising Merrie Melodies, and will you just shut the f*** up Manuel? ALL of us are fed up with you keep asking and pestering us for rare stuff.

Cool_Cat

These prints are all the same kind just in case you didn't know.

vlcsnap-2017-11-10-07h26m04s114.png

vlcsnap-2017-11-10-07h26m57s124.png

vlcsnap-2017-11-10-07h27m11s1.png

vlcsnap-2017-11-10-07h27m30s177.png

vlcsnap-2017-11-10-07h27m51s166.png

vlcsnap-2017-11-10-07h30m40s53.png

The old copy of Swing Ding Amigo Italia 1 used to air before the redub was the Cartoon Show print. I have at least another print of all the Speedy shorts remastered this way except Mexican Mousepiece. The PAL versions are very poor frame blend conversions.

luki

I Guess Buddy The Gee Man Comes For A Nickelodeon Incomplete Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts