"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
So do the New Avengers head to Battleworld to find the other Avengers or is it wholly separate from that o_O?

I wonder what "other series" Ms. Marvel might turn up in? Spider-Man, maybe :)?

It kind of sounds like they're teasing a Champions cartoon...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, I also brought up the possibility of Kamala appearing on Spidey's show down the line. And since there are plans for the Guardians to cross-over as well, I imagine there might be a team up between her, Miles and Sam Alexander.

This Tweet has some of the designs for "Black Panther's Quest" that were shown at NYCC.

uzair khan

sooooo it seems like they are going to mess the continuity up to make it fit with the new spiderman show too. emh assemble nuavengers continuity going to be super fun to map out.

hopefully new voice from spider-man carry over since tony was so much better than heroes guy.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Technically Mick Wingert took over the role of Iron Man before the Spider-Man episode, starting with the premiere of the "Secret Wars" season.

I presume he'll continue to voice Tony in any subsequent season or cross-over for a while.

EDIT: My mistake, it was actually even before that - Wingert started officially voicing Tony in the Guardians of the Galaxy season 2 premiere, which aired before "Secret Wars".

Last edited:

Barbossa

The current Marvel animation continuity and universe is already all over the place. It has been like that for a long time now. They have pretty much given up on a coherent universe. Each show is its own thing now, its best fans just accept it that way.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I also brought up the possibility of Kamala appearing on Spidey's show down the line. And since there are plans for the Guardians to cross-over as well, I imagine there might be a team up between her, Miles and Sam Alexander.

This Tweet has some of the designs for "Black Panther's Quest" that were shown at NYCC.
Everyone looks...very lean :sweat:.

I honestly don't think this looks all that similar to Marvel's Spider-Man, design-wise. That show's designs have an anime-esque flair and the body-types in that series are completely different from what we seem to be getting here.

I really hope these character designs look better in motion. They look like something out of a Flash cartoon o_O.

That's also an interesting new 'do for Black Widow :p.

It's really cool to see them using Shuri in a prominent way here :D.

Medinnus

Staff member
I'm pretty sure we know that EMH is definitively not in the same universe as Ultimate Spider-Man or Avengers Assemble.

Well, we know that what most people would think of as A:EMH wasn't in the AA or USM universe (for evidentiary-based reasons), but in an infinite Multiverse, there is likely a version of AEMH that is.

Just like there are evidentiary-based reasons why Wolverine & the X-Men isn't part of the A: EMH-proper universe, but there are still people who maintain, in spite of the evidence, that it is because Yost once said he'd like it to be. That Yost himself wrote the contradictory stuff notwithstanding...

Continuity - lose or tight, fact-based deductive reasoning or studio mandate aside is whatever any given fanboy wants to make it. Fact-based arguing with opinion-based fans is a futile pastime and just frustrates all parties concerned.

On a completely different note - everyone who has paid attention knows I think the writing on AA is really substandard. That said, I really like the flow of the animations and most of the character designs I've seen.

Frontier

Staff member
At this point the only real and consistent continuity in the Marvel cartoons is the voices (barring any surprise re-castings).

TheLemsterPju

It looks as though The Once and Future Kang is already available on the MARVELTVONDEMAND YouTube channel.

I saw it earlier today.

* Falcon is physically older are spending several years in the future (which itself occurs 50 years in the future).
* Carol helps a deaf girl by giving her one of her gauntlets to communicate through holographic text. :anime:
* If this was the Nick's TMNT show, the whole planet would have been destroyed by that "Singularity" and killed off Kang. Glad this series doesn't have to force itself to be bleak for the sake of "edge" like TMNT.
* Orrgo is the monster at the beginning of the episode.

ChessKing

Season 4 of Avengers Assemble titled Secret Wars starts airing in the UK on 28th October with Avengers No More part 1 and in the UK it has the production code of 404 meaning this episode is Season 4 Episode 4.
Does that mean all episodes are airing out of order and the true episode 1 of season 4 has not even aired yet??

The Halloween episode had a production code of 403 making it episode 3 of season 4.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
That might explain why production codes 404 & 405 aren't listed on the Disney Press website either. I just presumed the season premiere were the first episodes produced as well. If not, then there might be two more episodes like "Why I Hate Halloween" (as in, the complete line-up with Iron Man) somewhere down the line. But I could be wrong.

Frontier

Staff member
That might explain why production codes 404 & 405 aren't listed on the Disney Press website either. I just presumed the season premiere were the first episodes produced as well. If not, then there might be two more episodes like "Why I Hate Halloween" (as in, the complete line-up with Iron Man) somewhere down the line. But I could be wrong.
I'm guessing if there is, they'll probably also be holiday-themed episodes ;).

Frontier

Staff member
I know this is probably the not the cartoon to expect serious and intimate character development or relationships, but while I have been enjoying this season I was hoping for more from the episode to episode plots then "this Avenger and this Avenger team-up" or some variant on this theme that we've been getting for the most part.

Not that that can't lead to fun episodes or dynamics, and even Justice League Unlimited was mostly made up of various heroes pairing or teaming-up, but I can't help but hope for a little more...

Now that we have so many Avengers in the cast I imagine we'll probably be getting more of that rather then less as the show tries to juggle all these characters together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts