"Batman: Gotham By Gaslight" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I think WB animation have been pretty darn varied and experimental over the past few years. Certainly they are using popular characters as springboards, but that's just being a smart business. If they weren't operating a smart business, we likely wouldn't be getting these DTV's at all.

If I was running WB, I don't think I'd be too enthusiastic about sinking money into a solo Hawkman DTV.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm now 90% certain Bruce Greenwood is reprising Bruce Wayne/Batman in this. It sounds a lot like him.
If I was running WB, I don't think I'd be too enthusiastic about sinking money into a solo Hawkman DTV.
Well, I would, but I'm too much of a fan to care about profits :p.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I agree, but in the back of my brain -- a small part of me was like, "O'Mara?" :p

I heard a little bit of Ben McKenzie when he said ''Is there a problem officers?''.

You know, if they were planning on revisiting previous Batman actors for this, does anyone think Anthony Ruivivar could have worked quite well? I think he deserves another stab at the character.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
NYCC panel info: Batman: Gotham by Gaslight Sneak Peak

When: October 6, 4:15 PM - 5:15 PM
Where: Main Stage 1-D
Who: Bruce Timm, Jim Krieg, Sam Liu

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment continues its annual gift to New York Comic Con fans with a “first look” presentation of the next DC Universe Original Movie – Batman: Gotham by Gaslight. The animated film is inspired by the landmark one-shot Elseworlds tale by Brian Augustyn and Mike Mignola as a steampunk Batman takes on Jack the Ripper in turn-of-the-century Gotham City. A few premiering animated clips will be shown during the panel, which will include executive producer Bruce Timm (Batman: The Killing Joke), director/producer Sam Liu (Teen Titans: The Judas Contract), screenwriter Jim Krieg (Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox) and some surprise guests. Gotham By Gaslight will be available from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment in Early 2018

Otaku-sempai

I see that IMDb now has Bruce Greenwood listed in the cast for Batman: Gotham by Gaslight for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. While this does seem likely to be true, has this actually been confirmed?

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I see that IMDb now has Bruce Greenwood listed in the cast for Batman: Gotham by Gaslight for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. While this does seem likely, has this actually been confirmed?

It has not been confirmed yet. I'm sure we'll hear something before NYCC, or perhaps they announce the cast at the panel.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Presumably we'll learn more at the NYCC panel in a few weeks as @Pfeiffer-Pfan postulated, if not, probably the first PR around November like with JLD this year.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Here are some updates from the Batman: Gotham By Gaslight iTunes page. There's also a screenshot of how the cover for the home media release might look.

About the Movie
It's Batman vs. Jack the Ripper in an Elseworld's adventure that imagines the Dark Knight over a hundred years ago in a turn-of-the-century Gotham.

Credits:
Actors: Bruce Greenwood
Jennifer Carpenter
Chris Cox
John DiMaggio
David Forseth
Grey Griffin
Anthony Head
Bob Joles
Yuri Lowenthal
Lincoln Melcher
Scott Patterson
William Salyers
Tara Strong
Bruce Timm
Kari Wuhrer

Director: Sam Liu
Screenwriter: Jim Krieg
Producer: Bruce Timm

9/27/17 Jim's Edit: Screenshot added:

bgbgitunes.png

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Heeey, they finally got Anthony Head for a role. :) One more closer to the whole Buffy cast, heh.

Frontier

Staff member
Here are some updates from the Batman: Gotham By Gaslight iTunes page. There's also a screenshot of how the cover for the home media release might look.

About the Movie
It's Batman vs. Jack the Ripper in an Elseworld's adventure that imagines the Dark Knight over a hundred years ago in a turn-of-the-century Gotham.

Credits:
Actors: Bruce Greenwood
Jennifer Carpenter
Chris Cox
John DiMaggio
David Forseth
Grey Griffin
Anthony Head
Bob Joles
Yuri Lowenthal
Lincoln Melcher
Scott Patterson
William Salyers
Tara Strong
Bruce Timm
Kari Wuhrer

Director: Sam Liu
Screenwriter: Jim Krieg
Producer: Bruce Timm
Nice to finally have the voice cast :).

Let's see if I can connect some names:

Bruce Greenwood -Bruce/Batman

Jennifer Carpenter - Selina

Anthony Head - Gordon

Yuri Lowenthal - Harvey Dent

Grey Griffin/Tara Strong - Street Urchins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts