Dave Willis: Co-Creator of Aqua Teen Hunger Force

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
This thread is about the Man responsible for the creation of one of Adult Swim's Highlights & a Internet Meme, Dave Willis. The fact that he can switch from squeaky, warbling Meatwad to gruff, Brooklyn-hinged Carl proves this man's got talent. And yet, He got to reprise Carl on Steven Universe.

At this rate, he's pretty much start gonna get casted as Carl again in Kid Friendly cartoons.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
So I got to watch Welcome to the Wayne not to long ago and It's pretty Interesting Willis got to use the Carl voice for the Doorman, albeit as a Happy go lucky Kid Friendly Carl.

Looks like I was right about him getting Casted as Carl again in Kid Friendly Cartoons.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Well hearing Carl's voice in a Nickelodeon show is weird since Aqua Teen Hunger Force was never intended for kids but it's good to see him do other work.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Well hearing Carl's voice in a Nickelodeon show is weird since Aqua Teen Hunger Force was never intended for kids but it's good to see him do other work.
You can thank His guest appearance on Steven Universe for that change. It was crazy to hear him use the Carl voice to play a straight somewhat serious character as Uncle Andy even with a uncanniest design.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
So somebody made this Youtube mashup of Wheeljack from Transformers.
Carl's voice fits Wheeljack.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts