"Batman '66 (2013 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

"Batman '66" - Rate and Comment on this DC Comics title!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
There wasn't anything in the June solicits, but I thought there was supposed to be one following the Man from U.N.C.L.E. mini-series. Perhaps a crossover with the old classic Avengers show?
When I met Jeff Parker at Baltimore Comic Con 2015, I asked him if Batman '66 was truly over. He mentioned Man From UNCLE (which we all knew was in the works at the time) and after that would be The Avengers. Generally speaking he felt pretty confident and reassured me that Batman '66 wasn't over.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
DC Comics has announced the next Batman '66 mini-series. The publisher is partnering with BOOM! Studios for the digital first series Batman '66 Meets Steed and Mrs. Peel. Full details here.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The adventures of Batman '66 continue with this new mini-series!

BATMAN ’66 MEETS STEED AND MRS. PEEL #1

Written by IAN EDGINTON
Art by MATTHEW DOW SMITH

England swings and so does the Dynamic Duo in this historic pairing of two of the hippest shows from 1960s television. DC Comics and BOOM! Studios join forces to bring these iconic characters together for the first time!

As Bruce Wayne shows the beautiful head of a UK electronics company the sights of Gotham, they are interrupted by the felonious feline Catwoman! Unwilling to leave Miss Michaela Gough unprotected, Bruce resigns himself to the fact that Batman cannot save the day. But some new players have arrived in town—though even as the lovely, catsuit-clad Mrs. Peel and her comrade John Steed take control of the situation, nefarious plots continue apace!

Discuss this Batman '66 limited series!

hobbyfan

A good opener, but it seems the Cybernauts don't play well with others, as Catwoman has found out....

Road to Gotham

Enjoyed the brief exchange between Catwoman and Mrs. Peel.
Issue #1 was a good start. Nice art by Matthew Dow Smith.

Spider-Man

Do we know what the next series will be after the current Steed and Mrs. Peel mini?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Batman meets Wonder Woman! The team-up you've always wanted is here!

BATMAN ’66 MEETS WONDER WOMAN '77 #1

Written by IAN EDGINTON
Art by MATTHEW DOW SMITH

What mysteries are hidden in the book Ra’s al Ghul hired Catwoman to steal? And why does this caper lead Batman down memory lane—to his childhood fight against actual Nazis? Witness the Caped Crusader’s first encounter with one of the greatest heroes the world has ever known: Wonder Woman!

Discuss this wonderful Batman '66 limited series!

Spider-Man

I'm waiting for the collection, but I really do want to read this.
I'll be getting the collection for sure but I downloaded the first couple digital versions of it and it's pretty great. The art is a nice cartoony take on the characters and it's cool to see how they bring the two worlds together. I can't wait to see how the rest of it plays out. I miss the regular monthly comic but these mini-series have been enjoyable so far.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Batman meets the Legion of Super-Heroes in a Batman '66 Meets the Legion of Super-Heroes one-shot special coming July 2017 by Mike and Lee Allred. DC All Access has the initial details:

hobbyfan

Couple this with the Legion meeting Bugs Bunny a month earlier, and DC is going with a soft relaunch of the Legion before the inevitable Rebirth series.

Road to Gotham

I am confuse. In 1st issue of BATMAN 66 Meets WONDER WOMAN 77 the Eartha Kitt Catwoman appears.
Then in issues 3 and 4 its the Julie Newmar or maybe the Lee Merriweather version.
Did the artist make a mistake?

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
Probably the best team up mini since The Green Hornet. I wouldn't call myself a "fan" of The Man From UNCLE, or The Avengers (UK, or Marvel's), so I guess that's why I came away with more to be desired.

With Wonder Woman, I was glad to see the origins and future of the Batman '66 characters expanded. I don't think the reasons for Bruce retiring as Batman in the 70s work in this incarnation of Batman. Batman kills the Joker because his crimes become more horrific (obviously in recognition to the Batman stories of the 70s). I can't imagine the Adam West Batman ever killing anyone. Maybe if this Batman killed the Joker by accident, or there's a situation where Batman blames himself for the Joker's death (even if Batman had nothing to do with it), I could understand that.

I'm surprised the Legion team up is only a one shot. Oh well, maybe after that we can hopefully get to that league of their own Wonder Woman suggested forming. I just wonder if Superman will be George Reeves, or Christopher Reeve. Then there's Captain Marvel & Isis.

Road to Gotham

BM 66 Meets WW 77.
Batman killing the Joker just left a bad taste that I could not recover from. It mired this series for me.

Doesn't Dick need to return to his ROBIN name?
So he can help Batman in the Legend of the Superheroes special from 1979.
I consider those two specials as part of the BATMAN 66 cannon.

Otaku-sempai

Doesn't Dick need to return to his ROBIN name?
So he can help Batman in the Legend of the Superheroes special from 1979.
I consider those two specials as part of the BATMAN 66 cannon.
Not unless we are required to consider the whole of The Star Wars Holiday Special to be canonical to the Star Wars films! ;)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Batman and Robin are thrown into the future in this special Batman '66 one-shot comic!

BATMAN '66 MEETS THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES

Art by: Mike Allred
Written by: Lee Allred

In pursuit of the time-traveling criminal known as Universo, the super-powered kids from the 30th century travel back to the 1960s to enlist the aid of the “greatest teen superhero ever”—Robin, the Boy Wonder! But Batman’s hard-boiled nemesis Egghead has stolen one of their unattended time bubbles and taken off to the Legion’s own time period. Looks like Batman has to head to the far-flung future with one group of heroes while Robin stays in the swinging sixties with another. Holy time-travel paradox!

Discuss this fun Batman '66 DC Comics one-shot!

Spider-Man

The Batman '66/LOSH one-shot was great and, if it was the last Batman '66 comic, it would be a nice send off. Totally goofy and lots and lots of fun. It definitely is a nice change after the Batman '66/Wonder Woman '77 cross-over, which started out great but then made a couple choices that didn't sit right with me - namely Batman killing the Joker.

Hopefully we get more of these comics. The rumor about a Batman '66/Archie crossover sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

hobbyfan

Batman '66-ARCHIE????

We're getting Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy meeting Betty & Veronica in October. Maybe Batman will meet Pureheart the Powerful, Superteen, & Captain Hero......

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts