What anime would you like for KidsClick?

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
I'd rather they not dig up too many shows that have already aired on broadcast TV in the US. Dinosaur King's CG looks dated and the show is still on Primo. I don't believe DoReMi ever did well for 4Kids (IIRC the second half of dubbed episodes still has yet to air on US TV), and its presence on the later blocks came as a result of them owning the rights.

DonkeyKongSong

I'd rather they not dig up too many shows that have already aired on broadcast TV in the US. Dinosaur King's CG looks dated and the show is still on Primo. I don't believe DoReMi ever did well for 4Kids (IIRC the second half of dubbed episodes still has yet to air on US TV), and its presence on the later blocks came as a result of them owning the rights.

Yeah, it was announced for the fall schedule, but was replaced with Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, which was to finish its unaired dubbed episodes (and promote Kirby Squeak Squad) which was then replaced by another TMNT airing, which i thought was to promote the '07 movie, but it just stayed there for almost a year. I only brought it up because of its E/I status, and it may have stuck around longer if having two E/I shows would have helped the block, but they just seemed content with only Winx Club. I think Magical DoReMi was 4Kids' only E/I anime that aired on its blocks.

Takao

To honour the spirit of Cubiex, they must pick up the series from the creators of Cubix.
pls don't

aegisrawks

Lots of anime is being suggested by fans on the facebook page. I wonder if Love Live and My Hero Academia could make the cut (People suggested those.)

Mandouga

Oh no. Not My Hero Academia. The last thing this block needs is a genre deconstruction series like that one (and it's a long story).

Also, I hate to say this, but I think Love Live is one of "those" anime series. Long story short, it's basically the kind of show that would air in prime time (here in America), I think. Well, the manga based around it are all seinen, so I don't see how this show would be any different...unless I'm missing something. That is, is it supposed to be one of those ambiguous shows that be family friendly or not? I just don't know about that one. I'd say Aikatsu would be a better idea for a block like KidsClick.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'd rather see My Hero Academia land on Toonami instead. I'm not sure how violent it actually gets, but considering it's about heroes in training, the action might get too intense for a block like Kids Click. I've heard good things about both the anime and the manga, so I'd be happy to see it on Toonami. The block could certainly use more lighter action series instead of more grimdark stuff.

As for Love Live, I don't know much about it other than it's an idol series. There probably wouldn't be much for them to edit, but I don't know if it would really fit on this block either.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
My Hero Academia isn't overly violent (for the most part), but it has just enough content that edits would be necessary, and I'm not sure if they have the budget for that yet.

jaylop97

Staff member
For My Hero Academia like some anime could always have a high cost especially when it is an ongoing show it would be really hard to get it airing adequately given breaks can happen as well.

Anthony Riley

I really want to see One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, and Sailor Moon on Kidsclick. It would be a good way to introduce kids to One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, and Sailor Moon.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
My Hero Academia deserves a place on Toonami, or Disney XD at the very least. I've only seen the first season, but there's enough plot-important violence (that gets stronger in the last few episodes, including a character being tortured) I wouldn't want it on a syndicated Saturday morning block.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I really want to see One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, and Sailor Moon on Kidsclick. It would be a good way to introduce kids to One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, and Sailor Moon.

One Piece and DBZ would require a lot of editing to fit on a kids block. I doubt that they can air DBZ when Toonami already has DBZ Kai. After One Piece didn't work out on multiple other blocks, I don't know if it would be too appealing for Kids Click, especially when it would need a lot of editing for Saturday mornings. Sailor Moon could possibly fit with minimal edits, especially if they went with Sailor Moon Crystal, but I don't know if I could see it on the block either.

The idea of introducing these shows to kids is nice, but I don't know if that's really necessary. Both Sailor Moon and especially DBZ are successful without being introduced to kids directly. Even with One Piece not being on TV in the U.S. currently, it's still successful with its teenagers and young adult fans.

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
In addition to likely not having the budget, My Hero Academia would basically be another Dragon Ball Kai situation having edits ranging from reasonable to ridiculous.

The only current anime I can see from Funimation I can see running on it is Monster Hunter Stories, and even that is kind of a stretch

Takao

In addition to likely not having the budget, My Hero Academia would basically be another Dragon Ball Kai situation having edits ranging from reasonable to ridiculous.

The only current anime I can see from Funimation I can see running on it is Monster Hunter Stories, and even that is kind of a stretch

Puzzle & Dragons X?

DonkeyKongSong

Mix Master would work for the block. It's a fairly generic toyetic anime (on Amazon Prime now), but that seems fair game for anime on US TV now

Mandouga

I think before we suggest anything else, we should focus on what's currently happening on the block. Shows have been starting late, there has been at least one instance of a show randomly taking the place of another, and they can't seem to decide whether they want to show the closing credit sequences or not. It's all in the thread about KidsClick in the Saturday Morning Forever forum.

So basically, one way or another, I think we need to be careful what we wish for...

That said, I would like to see that show Gyrozetter (which also has an arcade game with transforming controls), assuming someone licenses it, of course.

Antonio Bravo

IDOL UP!
I was thinking Battle Spirits would work. It's the only card game anime that never debuted in America.

moose_tracks12

I could definitely see the Digimon franchise play on the block. And it could work considering the franchise hasn't been aired on Nicktoons in over two years, I would think that Nicktoons doesn't have the rights to the show anymore. So this could be a chance for KidsClick to grab the show.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts