Cartoon Network June 2017 Premiere Info

Robin44

Wouldnt the UG episode for the 30th be the HALF HOUR *SERIES FINALE*?

Robin44

I don't think we should list June 30ths ep as the SERIES or SEASON finale until confirmed by the creator/writer. Episodes are being aired out of production order (as usual) so just because the produced-as-series finale is airing, doesn't mean it's the series finale according to CN. They'll probably air one of the five unaired episodes (ex. More Director Shorts, Chess Master Steve) as the final episode.

Uncle Grandpa moves to 4:30pm time slot from 19th-29th.
Mighty Magiswords at 4pm
July 1 - Bad Man Oldman
July 2 - Witchy Simone Ruins Everything!

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Mighty Magiswords at 4pm
July 1 - Bad Man Oldman
Source?

Robin44

someone please fix the number order for UG episodes, it's really bothering me, also Pizza Steve's Past is episode 8 of Season 5 and the rest from there are 9, 10, 11 and so on til it reaches episode 17/18 which are Exquisite Grandpa and UG High School Years and NOT THE [HALF HOUR SERIES FINALE].

jaylop97

Staff member
Mighty Magiswords at 4pm
July 1 - Bad Man Oldman
Mighty Magiswords premiering on a Saturday and Sunday?

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Mighty Magiswords premiering on a Saturday and Sunday?
I wasn't buying it at first, but it seems it's actually accurate. The link he posted yesterday now works and it does indeed show that Mighty Magiswords is new those days.

moose_tracks12

You can tell CN doesn't want anything to do with a show anymore when they air 11-minute premieres on weekend afternoons with no promotion. It's happening with PPG 2016 airing Sundays at 5:30p, and it's now going to happen with Mighty Magiswords airing at 4:00p on Saturdays and Sundays.

To me, it's upsetting that Mighty Magiswords, still being a relatively new series, didn't get a chance to really last. I thought that the show was a really funny and entertaining concept. One that could've actually worked and maybe even progress through the course of the show, but I guess it didn't pull in the best ratings and appeal, or just not enough of it (And they tried to push the show pretty hard with the "Swordsday" block, "12 Days of Magiswords", and all the promos for the MagiMobile app). Even though it did get renewed for season two, it feels like it'll just be rushed to be finished on the network.

Last edited:

Digamma-F-Wau

I don't think we should list June 30ths ep as the SERIES or SEASON finale until confirmed by the creator/writer. Episodes are being aired out of production order (as usual) so just because the produced-as-series finale is airing, doesn't mean it's the series finale according to CN. They'll probably air one of the five unaired episodes (ex. More Director Shorts, Chess Master Steve) as the final episode.
Pete had mentioned on Instagram (and backed up by a statement from Nick Edwards on twitter) that Exquisite Grandpa was the series finale. Highschool Years is just a random out of order episode (presumably from the middle of the season, given how it has both Casey Alexander and Ryan Kramer as directors) that's being aired afterwards for no good reason

jaylop97

Staff member
Pete had mentioned on Instagram (and backed up by a statement from Nick Edwards on twitter) that Exquisite Grandpa was the series finale. Highschool Years is just a random out of order episode (presumably from the middle of the season, given how it has both Casey Alexander and Ryan Kramer as directors) that's being aired afterwards for no good reason
It is always disappointing when the episode airings happen out of order and in this case It could have been better since it is the finale in all, but of course CN just wants to rush this.

Robin44

But why is Pizza Steve's Past listed as episode 13 on here when it should be episode 8

Uncle Grandpa
508 - Pizza Steve's Past
509 - Diggin' a Hole
510 - Broken Boogie
511 - Uncle Grandpa's Uncle Grandpa
Fri June 23rd - 4:30 PM (EST) - 512/513 - Transitional Phase/Cartoon Factory
Mon June 26th - 4:30 PM (EST) - 514/515 - Date with Gus/What's the Big Idea?
Tue June 27th - 4:30 PM (EST) - 516/517 - Full Grown Pizza/More Director Shorts
Wed June 28th - 4:30 PM (EST) - 518/519 - High Dive/Chess Master Steve
Thu June 29th - 4:30 PM (EST) - 520/521 - Tiny Miracle's Tiny Miracle/Uncle Greedpa
Fri June 30th - 4:30 PM (EST) - 522/523 - Exquisite Grandpa/Uncle Grandpa: The High School Years

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The source appears to be the backdoor schedule. I guess Uncle Grandpa will end this month after all.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts