"Close Enough" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
For those who know J.G. Quintel, the creator of Regular Show, the show that ended In January, has created a new animated series for TBS called Close Enough, a collaboration work between Cartoon Network Studios and also Studio T.

This is reported from Hollywood Reporter:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...wen-wilson-star-tbs-comedic-anthology-1004527

The network has also ordered 13 episodes of Close Enough, a new animated series from Regular Show creator J.G. Quintel. The surreal comedy about a family growing up without getting old — which is set to debut next year — marks the first collaboration between Cartoon Network Studios and Studio T, both divisions of Turner.

Close Enough is a surreal take on transitioning from 20-something to 30-something. The show centers on a married couple juggling such every day challenges as parenthood, friendship, ham theft, stripper clowns and choosing the right day care. "We couldn't be more excited to add one of animation's most impressive and popular voices, J.G.Quintel, to our growing slate of animated series," added Weitz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/I][/I]

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
For those who know J.G. Quintel, the creator of Regular Show that ended January, has created a new animated series on TBS called Close Enough, a collaboration work between Cartoon Network Studios and also Studio T.

This is reported from Hollywood Reporter:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...wen-wilson-star-tbs-comedic-anthology-1004527

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/I][/I]
It will be the first Cartoon Network Studios produced animated show to air on TBS.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
It will be the first Cartoon Network Studios produced animated show to air on TBS.

I think it's more like CN Studio's first collaboration with an company associated with the parent company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I think it's more like CN Studio's first collaboration with an company associated with the parent company.

Not entiretly true since CN Studios did co-produce some shows with Williams Street, which is Adult Swim's main animation studios, with the most recent being season five of Samurai Jack.

SuperFan2024

Shoo fly.
Wow that's cool. I was a huge fan of Regular Show (especially for it's first four seasons) so it's cool that Quintel will be working on another show. Now that it's on an adult network, Quintel would probably get away with more humor just like the 2 AM short, and the first season of Regular Show. I wonder if it will get reruns on Adult Swim.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I don't know. As happy as I am to hear about these guys finding more work, Regular Show feeling more restrained and intelligently handled enough with its (adult) humor is what made it such a High Tier show (minus the romantic plot-tumors that prevent it from me ranking it higher!), IMHO. Without those proper restraints in place, I have my doubts this'll even come close to Regular Show's greatness (IMHO), unless they've got some good writers already picked out who can prove me wrong.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!

Nope, CN Studios worked with Williams Street several times (Harvey Birdman, Korgoth, Black Dynamite, Samurai Jack Season 5).

Nice to see the studio doing more non CN shows.

Ryan

Well known for talking about Canada.
This looks pretty good. Since I liked Regular Show, this show I would like too.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
TBS isn't really known for it's animated offerings, it says a lot when their biggest claim to fame is a limited exclusive season of American Dad, so this should be interesting.

BlooMac

Nope, CN Studios worked with Williams Street several times (Harvey Birdman, Korgoth, Black Dynamite, Samurai Jack Season 5).

Nice to see the studio doing more non CN shows.
Adult Swim and Williams Street are part of The Cartoon Network Inc., so this is the first time Cartoon Network Studios has made a show for a non-CN company.

As a huge fan of Regular Show, I'm really looking forward to this and I'm hoping we see more adult CN Studios series.

BlooMac

I know TBS is part of Turner, I meant it's not part of the CN devision that includes Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Adult Swim. Adult Swim is treated separately, but everything they own is registered under Cartoon Network.

DeanBurrito25

I just saw JG Quintel post the news via Twitter. Good for him! Regular Show was always an Adult Swim Lite show from the beginning, so I'm glad he gets to fully embrace that sensibility on TBS. Between Black Dynamite S2, Samurai Jack S5 and this, it's also great to see more non channel specific output from the CN Studios.

At least it didn't take Quintel too long to find a new work once Regular Show ended.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
A CNS series on TBS! Interesting. Overe here it might probably get picked up by FOX Comedy or one of the AXN channels.

Here are some Screenshots of the Series, and I must note the art style is exactly like Regular Show.
tumblr_oq3zfrRUWL1tzifobo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oq3zfrRUWL1tzifobo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oq3zfrRUWL1tzifobo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oq3zfrRUWL1tzifobo4_1280.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts