"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 28 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I'm making a prediction here about Wally. I've made similar predictions in the past but I feel more sure about this one.

I think Wally is going to come back, and I think he will be back sooner rather than later. I don't think Greg would simply kill off a character he spent so much time developing. Greg has said in the past that he doesn't like the concept of the speed-force. But that's different than saying that the speed-force doesn't exist on Earth-16. I think Wally has been in the speed-force and his time there has increased his abilities. So, it wouldn't surprise me when Wally returns if he hasn't become the fastest of the Flashes!

But there's a huge catch! Don't expect a joyous reunion with Artemis! I can't see this being happily ever after for the star-crossed couple because there would be no drama in that! My guess is that while Wally was stuck in the speed-force, time has moved on without him. And what seemed like an instant for Wally has actually been several years. Artemis and the rest of the world moved on without him, and she is now married or engaged! I think this is true because it would be a great way for the producers to mess with the audience. Of course, in the end I do think Wally and Artemis will find their way back to each other, but only over the course of one or more seasons. Only in TV land does true love always prevail.

I still like my Legion of Super-Heroes theory. Remember, in the Legion of Three Worlds, both Superboy and Kid Flash find themselves in the thirtieth century fighting Superboy Prime and the Time Trapper alongside the Legion, but I think doing that story would take too much time away from the ongoing conflict with Darkseid and the Light.

This is, of course, pure speculation, but not unreasonable speculation.
That actually could work.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Marvelman02

That actually could work.

Thanks. One of the things I try to do when I speculate is that I try my best to look at the story from the point-of-view of the producers rather than the point-of-view of the audience. Wish fulfillment doesn't figure into it.

bat16

here's a quick overview of S3
"In Young Justice: Outsiders, the teenage superheroes of the DC Universe come of age in an animated world of superpowers, super villains and super secrets. In the new season, the team faces its greatest challenge as it takes on meta-human trafficking and the terrifying threat it creates for a society caught in the crossfire of a genetic arms race spanning the globe and the galaxy."

mrbean1500

I'm conflicted on this move to make their own streaming platform. On one hand, they have complete control over their shows (they won't get cancelled asap and they can promote their shows the way they want), but I don't think casual fans of DC will want to pony up cash for another streaming platform.

I'll probably pay for the platform, if only just to show support for the Young Justice.

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
It's funny to me to see people all ready to crowdfund season 3 and then when it's time to put your money where your mouth is, people don't want to pay a few bucks for a new streaming service. This is amazing for DC animation.

If this proves successful, not only will we get a Young Justice season 4+ but we could see more DC animated shows picked up, maybe even a revisit of the DCAU.

As for the plot, this seems like a natural progression and I believe my theory about the Dark Side Club will come to fruition. I imagine a few team members will be kidnapped and made to fight eachother under Granny Goodness's watch.

Eldorado

If this proves successful, not only will we get a Young Justice season 4+ but we could see more DC animated shows picked up, maybe even a revisit of the DCAU.

Or maybe even live-action shows coming back. I'm hoping DC will get Powerless moved there and get a Season 2.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
292418-38024-outsiders.jpg

Can't wait for the new roster.

Or maybe even live-action shows coming back. I'm hoping DC will get Powerless moved there and get a Season 2.
Apparently the Titans show that's been shelved by TNT is coming back here.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I'm conflicted on this move to make their own streaming platform. On one hand, they have complete control over their shows (they won't get cancelled asap and they can promote their shows the way they want), but I don't think casual fans of DC will want to pony up cash for another streaming platform.

I'll probably pay for the platform, if only just to show support for the Young Justice.
It will probably be on another network outside the US.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Even though I was hoping for Netflix, this is pretty awesome too (and good to have a confirmed year as well.) I can see why some people would be hesitant to pay for another digital service, but as long as the price isn't outrageous, I'm willing.

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
There's also a chance that this service becomes an add-on to Prime like HBO is.

I hope that this means we can count on more information at comic-con. I'm a little bummed that we don't have an episode count still.

Marvelman02

The whole reason I joined Netflix was to show my support for Young Justice. I will probably drop Netflix and sign up for this new service to show my support for the show.

Deshaded

I know it's silly to go off a subtitle, but it makes me think the show will expand as much as it did for Invasion. I was hoping the S2 cast would get more breathing time, before they got Zatanna/Rocketed out of the show.

also the synopsis for Outsiders sounds exactly like Invasion.....no new information at all.

CyberCubed

Yeah, worst case scenario is they try to introduce 10 new main character again and all the previous characters get sidelined or barely do anything. Wonder Girl did next to nothing in Season 2 and never got a proper episode outside of some small action scenes.

When will Greg Weisman learn that bloating the cast is not a good thing? I'd rather see a core few characters developed and focused on then 15-20 heroes that I don't care about.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
This means I won't get a Netflix subscription after all xD

Dang it. I really hope the Dutch Cartoon Network picks this up.

Greg91

Reporter
I expected this to be out in 2018. I'm glad DC confirmed that before getting to the end of 2017. Young Justice: Outsiders certainly sounds like an interesting subtitle. I am happy that this DC streaming service could be the place for DC's future animation and TV shows.

Since Cartoon Network has cancelled nearly all DC's animated shows, they didn't really have anywhere else to go before now. TV is getting overstuffed with live-action shows so perhaps some smaller ones can be moved to the streaming service. Netflix would've been a good place to air season three of YJ since a lot of people don't want to pay for a new service. Hopefully the price is good and fans deem the service worth their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts