Snotrocket (New pilot from Ed, Edd n Eddy creator Danny Antonucci)

MDawg

Nerfariously planning

This was posted to AKA Cartoon's Facebook page yesterday. Surprised to not see it posted here sooner.

It's certainly high energy and gave me some John K. vibes without ever getting into the overtly gross side of things that you'd expect from the title of the project.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
It was okay, I could definitely tell Dan created this what with the music and the backgrounds(hell the main kid really looks like Johnny) but the pacing was way too fast.

19MagiswordLane

Anime Superhero's Crooner of Carnage, babe!
A bit chaotic, but it's probably because it's only 2min (it's more of a trailer than a full pilot).

This must be Antonucci's other children's show idea he had batting around (another kids show, another adult cartoon, and a full-length horror film were his ideas next after the Eds wrapped up). The production values are gorgeous.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
It would be nice if they gave some indication as to when the pilot was made. Is it recent, or was it made years ago and is just now seeing the light of day?

Dr.Pepper

That was pretty good. I'm just hoping that if it becomes a show it isn't as fast paced.

jaylop97

Staff member
That sure did feel somewhat close to Ed Edd n Eddy, heck the parents where faceless, Jonny looking kid and some similar sound effects. I think that was alright; However I do think that short does feel similar to most stories of Dogs being super responsible of kids I've seen that one before.

SaneMan

Man, that is some OLD style of writing
- girls are icky
- responsible care giver getting punished
It is like I'm watching the 1950s again

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Man, that is some OLD style of writing
- girls are icky
- responsible care giver getting punished
It is like I'm watching the 1950s again

Yeah, this sounds like hot garbage with a decent presentation, but not much else beyond that, IMHO.
Shokew, out.

Yum

Has the show been picked up yet? More cartoons like this need to be made to break the Adventure Time trend!

Action!

Has the show been picked up yet? More cartoons like this need to be made to break the Adventure Time trend!
No, we don't know which network AKA CARTOON pitched it to.

Action!

Maybe AKA CARTOON will post more on their Facebook page.

Dudley

Staff member
Love the slapstick, but it's too frantic, and I hate seeing a main character have to suffer so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts