Upcoming Nick Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The good things is I feel like Nick branded networks are safe for the most part. At least they are profitable. Maybe TeenNick can be in danger, but I feel like just a revamp will be enough
From what I've seen, Viacom's struggles are more on the non-Nick side and their CEO said that the digital networks are actually very inexpensive to operate and distributors like them, so I don't think Nicktoons and Teennick/The Splat will be going away.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Not sure why you think NickJr for your country, but this is USA version. NickJr has been a separate network in fall 2009. Correct me if I'm replying wrong..
It's the same in the UK.

I've read a few rumours that Viacom may be planing to merge their MTV & VH1 brands.

Nick is doing quite well for Viacom at the moment:

"Nickelodeon extended its winning streak in all major kids’ demos (#1 with kids 2-11 and kids 2-5 for six quarters), taking the #1 spot with ages 6-11, its best performance in this demo in five years. Nickelodeon’s performance this quarter was buoyed by the launch of more than 140 new episodes of new and returning series and specials".

chum_chum

Not sure why you think NickJr for your country, but this is USA version. NickJr has been a separate network in fall 2009. Correct me if I'm replying wrong..
Where in my initial post did I say it wasn't? Brand is not the same as tv channel. Nick Jr is still a part of Nick brand family and is a spin off channel. Like MTV2, FX or Lifetime Movie Network are spin-offs. The fact that it's doing so good ratings wise made it a key brand for Viacom, which means they will invest more money in original programming and will promote it more as a stand alone individual brand.
From what I've seen, Viacom's struggles are more on the non-Nick side and their CEO said that the digital networks are actually very inexpensive to operate and distributors like them, so I don't think Nicktoons and Teennick/The Splat will be going away.
Yeah, Nick's autopilot networks are not in a good shape, but they are still making money
I've read a few rumours that Viacom may be planing to merge their MTV & VH1 brands.
Really? Can you link me, because I'm interested. VH1 is succesful, found it's audience and produces new high rated projects. MTV is grasping for straws at this point, all the older hot shows are coming to an end. No new shows are getting decent numbers. Their era of scripted shows is coming to an end. This year they even messed up the VMA's. They promised this huge musical revamp, last year, I think, but it ended up being unsuccesful, so they even cancelled the early morning music blocks they had. They seem like they have no idea what their audience wants, look at the disaster that was their experimental MTV NO CHILL programming, it was like Nick Studio 10 on acid and tanked hard. They really try to be hip but most of the times it backfires on them or looks cringy, it's 10 time worse that Spongebob promos with Watch Me Whip Watch Me Nae Nae tbh

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
Really? Can you link me, because I'm interested. VH1 is succesful, found it's audience and produces new high rated projects. MTV is grasping for straws at this point, all the older hot shows are coming to an end. No new shows are getting decent numbers. Their era of scripted shows is coming to an end. This year they even messed up the VMA's. They promised this huge musical revamp, last year, I think, but it ended up being unsuccesful, so they even cancelled the early morning music blocks they had. They seem like they have no idea what their audience wants, look at the disaster that was their experimental MTV NO CHILL programming, it was like Nick Studio 10 on acid and tanked hard. They really try to be hip but most of the times it backfires on them or looks cringy, it's 10 time worse that Spongebob promos with Watch Me Whip Watch Me Nae Nae tbh
Nick Studio 10 never again, for all intents and purposes hopefully that merge never happens.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
it's awful for viacom to air the KCA's on the day of the anniversary for the japan earthquake & tsunami!

does anyone else agree?

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
it's awful for viacom to air the KCA's on the day of the anniversary for the japan earthquake & tsunami!

does anyone else agree?
I don't think it's a big deal. If we judged dates based on anniversaries of disasters, then we'd have half the calendar off limits.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

kanc

http://www.nick.com/hunter-street/

Nick.com has added Hunter Street, new series. No word when it will air, but my guess is next month.. The sneak peek of episode clip is only posted
Nickelodeon just aired a promo teaser for new series, I can't find the video link online to post but this aired on TV. The date is revealed to be Monday March 13. Time is not mentioned

kanc

I seen a different promo for Henry Danger for KCA. And it will be simulcasting Nicktoons and TeenNick. I misunderstood thinking Henry Danger will air 2part movie, but it's actually to be part 1 of a two part special on same day as KCA.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
According to the title of this YouTube video, the new Henry Danger special will be called "The Love Shuttle":

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts