Heathcliff is coming back.

19MagiswordLane

Anime Superhero's Crooner of Carnage, babe!
From Film Roman's sizzle reel, concept art only (0:09):

upload_2017-1-24_14-10-2.png

upload_2017-1-24_14-10-59.png

upload_2017-1-24_14-11-49.png

He looks more Garfield-like, doesn't he?

Zorak Masaki

So, did they make Iggy a girl? Cant see who else that could be. Wonder if the bottom pic is supposed to be Cats and Co.

ShadowBeast

I don't like it. Heathcliff's head looks like an orange egg. The CG design gives off a "trying to be cool" feel that just doesn't work. The least they could've done was make the characters actually look like the actual characters.

Mandouga

The girl might be Marcie, Iggy's female friend...

Also, Cats and Co. were invented by DIC for their version.

In any case, I'm not sure about those character designs. Now, I'm not one to judge a book by its cover, but those designs just scream "in name only" to me. We'll see, though. We'll see.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

zoombie

Well no Riff Raff or any of those cartoons, lame? Than again the new Garfield didn't have the U.S. Acres.

I doubt they would do something this cool, but I want the girl to be Heathcliff's pet / daughter. She had the weird cat hat, that would be kind of cool, she understands cat speech and subservient to Heathcliff I saw something similar done in another show, no not Peabody, I think Sgt. Frog had a setup like that. I doubt they would something that subvert and clever.

DVDLooney

I'll pass on this. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, despite the CGI, the characters still look like themselves, but I'll stick to watching the 80's Heathcliff.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Here we go again. Yet another animated series reboot that looks a lot cuter and more childish than the original. What's up with this trend, seriously? And that CGI trying to imitate, in this particular case, The Garfield Show. Just terrible.

ZanyLogic5

My thoughts exactly. It doesn't even look like Heathcliff characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Looks more like something I expect from "The Garfield Show". While I do like another series about Heathcliff, making one entirely out of CGI is like copying the former.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
@ShadowBeast That's probably the worst part. It just looks like a cheap ripoff. Garfield is Garfield. Heathcliff, definitely not in this form, can't match it. Unless they did it on purpose because Garfield is ending and they thought people wouldn't be able to tell them apart and just wanted to use the momentum.

Radical

Banned
Love Heathcliff, Marcie, Sonya, Hector/Wordsworth/Mungo, and Spike, but their new CGI designs are terrible, but I'll enjoy the Heathcliff reboot as much as I love Heathcliff.A shame there is no Riff Raff, oh well.

Mandouga

To those comparing it to The Garfield Show, look at it this way: unlike that show, Heathcliff can actually "talk", i.e., with his mouth moving (except in the original comics, where he doesn't talk at all, but in this case, it's okay), whereas, we're only supposed to be hearing Garfield's thoughts, but instead, the makers of The Garfield Show based their version on the one from the live-action movies.

In any case, I really think we need to judge this new Heathcliff series on its own merits instead of comparing to The Garfield Show. If the new Heathcliff show does end up not living up to what Heathcliff is supposed to be about it won't be because it was trying to imitate The Garfield Show...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts