Regal Academy Series Talkback Thread

zoombie

I guess I am the only one watching this show, it reminds me of the old days when I only one posting Fairy Tail chapter review before one other person finally started doing it.

Anyway I asked for some plot stuff, and we get some right at the beginning, and than gets thrown for a story about shoes, but I will take what I can get. Also got to see Rose's parents again, are they going to find out or not, they should and when they do, Rose's mom ought to give Cinderella a good yelling, it not nice to yell at your mother, but Cindey deserves it, worst grand parent role model ever. She makes Grandpa Max look good.

I probably just asking myself, but anyone for the love of god, any theory on Vicky's plan and who is she related to, it is obvious she is related to a fairy tale villains, and since Rose is the main character, I think there is a Cinderella connection, I think she is the grand daughter to one of the step sisters, it would make sense, the step sisters one of the rare fairy tale villains that gets forgiven in the many versions of the classic story, so it is plausable they would let the grand daughter get admitted to the school.

This is was focused just on the girls, which more screen time for Astoria which I am cool with, the more I see of the adults, the more I hope her dream comes true, I can't wait for Astoria to become head mistress, can she start now, we need new management ASAP.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
I can safely say that this show has without-a-doubt one of the absolute WORST theme songs I've EVER heard for a cartoon!

It's almost as bad as the theme song for Bubble Guppies!

Last edited:

zoombie

Okay so we get an idea of what the plot is, so Vicky wants to open the gate to allow the evil fairy tale characters in, or is it to have control of the gate and blackmail everyone to follow her to keep these fairy tale villains away. Well if she thinks she can boss around these villains, good luck with that, that is a dumb plan that won't work in your favor. The whole gate reminds me of Imagination Land in South Park.

As for this episode, Rose what is the mater with you, just went crazy for a second, all of this was her fault. I wonder why the whole team didn't go to the real world?

Well in my opinion I think Rose is more of my threat to fairy tale land than Vicky could ever hope to be.

I am glad the trickster guy got his come upings, I was worried he wasn't going to get what was coming to me. And my girl Astoria she threaten to kill me, don't mess with Astoria and her grades.

zoombie

Okay we got some plot development, the mom knows finally, I didn't think that would happen till the end of the season.

Nice to see an episode that has very little to with the class assignment of the week, yes they still had it, but it is very minor. Rose chance to be the competent hero, okay finally. And the Beast does show he does care, the adults did not totally piss me off, that is rare.

Great to see Rose's mom show she can kick some butt too, and nice that Rose and her mom made up, and apology to each other, but let's over look the big elephant, the person at most to blame is Cinderella. If I was Rose's mom, I be more mad at her than Rose. Hopefully they will have confront each other, that needs to happen.

kanc

To bump this up, Regal Academy just aired the new episode this morning at 7AM, and twitter nickelodeon tv did not even promote nor mentions the new episodes airing every Saturday mornings, nor ads on tv for it

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
To bump this up, Regal Academy just aired the new episode this morning at 7AM, and twitter nickelodeon tv did not even promote nor mentions the new episodes airing every Saturday mornings, nor ads on tv for it

I'm not surprised by that at all. In fact, I'm more surprised they did not move it to 7:00 a.m. much sooner, with those low ratings in the 8:00 a.m. half-hour last fall, with a few episodes ending up on the lowest rated Nickelodeon premiere ratings list for 2016. So, we should probably expect Regal Academy to follow Miraculous Ladybug and be removed from Nickelodeon's "row of shows" on its site when the season ends.

zoombie

Okay finally saw the episode thanks Nick for the notice. It was already, I guess they really want to make it obvious this girl is a Mary Sue. The idea of one student taking on a whole other school that was a interesting twist.

So what we had in this episode was Friendship Games, and this girl was sci Twi? Am I right. If this was anime, not only would the boys have a crush on her, but so would the girls especially Rose. There was a couple of scenes that screamed just kiss already.

Tommy Lawson

Staff member

Okay finally saw the episode thanks Nick for the notice.

Nickelodeon finally tweeted about it, on Monday, after the show had aired a new episode. It shows how lowly Nickelodeon feels about Regal Academy, doesn't it? An occasional tweet from Nickelodeon may be the only promotion the show gets for the rest of its season 1 run.

kanc

Nickelodeon finally tweeted about it, on Monday, after the show had aired a new episode. It shows how lowly Nickelodeon feels about Regal Academy, doesn't it? An occasional tweet from Nickelodeon may be the only promotion the show gets for the rest of its season 1 run.
Yeah it seemed that Nickelodeon really doesn't care about it. But that's not all, here's more worse news: the ratings have been much horrible, scoring 0.6 viewers last Sat morning in 0.25 adult demo.

zoombie

So they did follow up on that new girl transferring from last episode, seems she and Historia has build up a friendly rivalry.

The Pied Piper was creepy as hell, and I love how they point people don't really know the Pied Piper is a bad guy.

zoombie

This week has to be one of the most funniest episodes of the series, can't stop laughing. Too bad it is buried in the death slot, but I enjoyed the episode non the less.

zoombie

Now they are just letting villains, I thought the adult incompetent before, but not this bad. I tell you this though giving how Snow White acted in this episode and her usual behavior, when the queen evil treating to kill her, I really cared, Snow White is not likable to have any emotional impact on her living or dying. Though we get a hint on Vicky draws the line, she didn't seem to be excited about murder.

Well as bad as the incompetent and unlikable adults tried to ruin this episode, I liked seeing Historia and Lin get along for once. I think their little rivalry is stupid and sent a bad message, we should encourage not be competing with each other. Not to mention that could be my ship.

zoombie

Well that is a surprise.

Anyway today's episode was what I long waited for everyone going on Earth, and it is about time.

Though we are recycling villains, and what was her end game goal, to eat everyone?

Anyway enjoyable episode, great to see Rose's parent, and we see Lin is not perfect, this is a good episode to show she is not a Mary Sue. And the frog girl eating trash funny.And got help us what those neighbors were making.

The negatives second episode in a row, Snow White. She is so unlikable, she makes me want to root for the villains. The poor grandson.

kanc

I know it was already posted in rating thread, but this is for Regal Academy. Recap of ratings history of the show.
Feb 11 - 0.493 (0.16 adult demo)
Feb 4 - 0.660 (0.30 adult demo)
Jan 28 - 0.621 (0.25 adult demo)
Jan 21 - 0.557 (0.24 adult demo)
Jan 14 - 0.616 (0.25 adult demo)
Regal Academy has hitting a more series low last Saturday, and adult demo dropped hard from previous week. GL had a lead-in that had average adult demo 0.3, but in low total viewers. I'm little suspicious about last Saturday though. I wonder if at last notice 6:30AM wasn't GL but some other show aired that schedule didn't update? Just my guess..

zoombie

An Historia focused episode, you know I am going to love that. Historia in all her glory. So her hair was sleep walking, that is some curse.

When Rose said Historia was her sister, that was so sweet. And Rose she has been more competent of late. So I guess that is character development.

This was a great episode, focused on my favorite character and Snow White is not in this episode. So an episode focused on my favorite character and not have my least favorite character in it, this episode was made for me.

zoombie

Did not care about the memory erasing at the end, that is one thing that sucked about Trollhunters. I hate that trope, than again I am the one who is suggesting they do at the beginning of next season of Star vs, but that is different.

I was ready to the adults on how selfish and terrible they are, but in the end they realized their mistake, and Rose's mom was a rebel, I want to learn more about that, she sounded pretty good.

And Snow White continues to be a you know want, someone just give a poison apple, though I noticed more unlikable of late has been since they have setup this romance with Rose and Hunk, so they doing the whole mean in law trope.

zoombie

This week's episode was kind of weird as we take a break from the gate plot. Nice to see Lin get some development, Rose being compared to a monkey hilarious, and nice to see some likable adults here. Also the lack of Snow White makes this an even better episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts