Hana Zuki Full Of Treasures (Series Talkback Thread)

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Just saw the first 3 episodes. I wasn't sure what to expect from this, but I think it's off to a good start. Hopefully, the rest is good.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
This show is pretty much like a mix of Wander Over Yonder and Inside Out. I like it. I like it a lot.

SaneMan

1484236063928.jpg

Seriously tho, after binging the 9 episodes, I must say it does have some legit potential

TFormersMarvel

Apparently, Hasbro is releasing the upcoming 2 sets of 9 episodes coinciding with the full moon (so around February 10th and March 12th).

And I've got to agree with @SaneMan, @SweetShop209, and @PinkiePie97, the show is surprisingly charming and deep with its storyline (compared to the run-of-the-mill 80s styled girl-centered show, like Rainbow Brite. Ironically, that also had a recent reboot).

I don't normally watch My Little Pony: FIM regularly (only seen the Spike focused episodes), but one of the writers (Dave Polsky) knows how to create a tight story with well-paced world-building and intriguing characters.

Titmouse did a spectacular job with the neon-focused art style and animation, especially for a web cartoon. It's bright, but still finds focus with it balancing of darker colors. Unlike, say, Problem Solvers or Hana Zuki's lesser known 2013 pilot:

The retool looks way more like a legit television production, considering its standard running time of 11 mins.

Chevistian C

C1_zKzyVIAAjyHY.jpg

Unlike other Hasbro Cartoons this show will be also a story driven show
  • From Animation Magazine
  • As the show continues (to be released in nine-episode patches at each Full Moon), the Big Bad continues to lay waste to moons around the galaxy, driving other Moonflowers to gather around Hanazuki. This bouquet of heroes must learn how to wield the power of their emotions from Hanazuki, and band together to save the universe they were sent to protect.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/top-stories/hasbros-hanazuki-is-a-new-digital-treasure/

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Just finished watching the rest of the episodes and this is definitely something I'm going to keep up with. That description given by Animation Magazine sounds interesting.

zoombie

Seen all 9 episodes, love it, though the way they ended it with this cliffhanger, kind of a jerk move, but I get it, you have to leave them wanting more.

In terms of influence, I see some 80's influence with shows like Rainbow Bright and Moondreamers. And of course some anime, the main character sounds anime. Though also has some feels to modern shows like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Star vs the Forces of Evil.

And the way it ended defantely felt the SU vibe, Hinazuki = Steven, Sleepy Unicorn = Crystal Gems, and I guess Kenazuki = Homeworld Gem? Being stuck there that reminds me of Peridot in season 2 pre redemption arc.

Let's hope they don't troll as much as SU and give us answers soon.

Last edited:

SaneMan

Seen all 9 episodes, love it, though the way they ended it with this cliffhanger, kind of a jerk move, but I get it, you have to leave them wanting more.

In terms of influence, I see some 80's influence with shows like Rainbow Bright and Moondreamers. And of course some anime, the main character sounds anime. Though also has some feels to modern shows like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Star vs the Forces of Evil.

And the way it ended defantely felt the SU vibe, Hinazuki = Steven, Sleepy Unicorn = Crystal Gems, and I guess Kenazuki = Homeworld Gem? Being stuck there that reminds me of Peridot in season 2 pre redemption arc.

Let's hope they don't troll as much as SU and give us answers soon.
Kaizuki seems to me more like Lapis than Peridot

zoombie

Kaizuki seems to me more like Lapis than Peridot

Actually I think she is a combo of all 3. She got Jasper's aggression, Peridot frustration, and Lapis mysterious tragic past. She probably a victim of those unicorns, between this and Gravity Falls, unicorns had not had a good rep lately. I wonder what the dead flower means, does it mean she is dying, or her planet is dead and her powers are gone. I wonder if she is going to get healed by the power of friendship or something Obviously she is not going to die.

In the extended opening that was used in episode 1, when the darkness you see that is scared. So clearly crap has happened.

Last edited:

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Titmouse did a spectacular job with the neon-focused art style and animation, especially for a web cartoon. It's bright, but still finds focus with it balancing of darker colors. Unlike, say, Problem Solvers or Hana Zuki's lesser known 2013 pilot:

The retool looks way more like a legit television production, considering its standard running time of 11 mins.

This show is getting a TV broadcast in Canada (and likely other international markets), which makes me think it's only launching on Youtube because Discovery Family is an unofficial member of the The Walking Dead.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
This show is getting a TV broadcast in Canada (and likely other international markets), which makes me think it's only launching on Youtube because Discovery Family is an unofficial member of the The Walking Dead.
Yeah, I figured it it wasting released on YouTube because all Discovery Family really has going for it at this point is MLP and I'm not sure Hasbro wants to sell a show to another network in the U.S. after Cartoon Network's treatment of Robots in Disguise. What channel is it airing on in Canada?

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I am pretty sure we will get in on TV. We have two channels that love (modern) Hasbro shows.

zoombie

A promo or trailer I saw on Nickelodeon's website, showed clips of another moon about to crash into Hanazuki's moon, and her trying to stop it, question am I forgetting that, that hasn't happened yet in these 9 episodes?

zoombie

If I can make one more prediction, what I see happening with Hanazuki and Kenazuki's relationship. I think Kenazuki will actually grow some fondness for Hanazuki and want to be a legit friend. Shortly after that though, Hanazuki will find out the real reason Kenazuki came to her moon in the first place, which we don't yet either, but it was probably a selfish reason. Hanazuki is going to feel betrayal for the first time, and how she reacts to that, will be a big test to her character. Will she forgive? Yeah of course, but how long will that take.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts