"Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus!" News & Discussion Thread

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Dudley

Staff member
If Greenblatt keeps running his mouth he's gonna get blacklisted from the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light Lucario

Staff member
If Greenblatt keeps running his mouth he's gonna get blacklisted from the industry.

I've been worried about that too. While I can understand his frustration over how his show is being treated and I still like how he is going all out with his feelings towards the channel, I am worried that he'll burn too many bridges at this point and make it more difficult to work for other channels in the future, although his choices are rather limited when I can't see him sticking with Nickelodeon or going back to Cartoon Network right now. I imagine that he was given the okay to provide this information, or at least I hope he was since that might make things even more difficult for him if he wasn't.

Anyway, an Invader Zim movie makes sense. It was a pretty popular series with a strong following, so it would be another reasonable choice in their revivals. I wasn't a huge fan of the series myself, but a movie sounds like it could be interesting depending on where they go with the story and characters.

19MagiswordLane

Anime Superhero's Crooner of Carnage, babe!
So, what happen to the Invader Zim comics? I thought they were suppose to continue the series?

Also, that makes sense: ever since Disney bought and shelved Very Important House, Vasquez has been out of work.

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Zeether

HASSHA!!
I can't imagine Jhonen making a new Zim thing considering how adamant he's been that Nick does not want him back.

chum_chum

I can't imagine Jhonen making a new Zim thing considering how adamant he's been that Nick does not want him back.
Nick made a complete 180 with it's old brands. They try to win credibility with those creator driven specials that are cheaper to make than new seasons, I'm pretty sure projects like this and Rocko are pretty much vanity projects that were ordered to save face. The Zim comics are doing well, so why not. Maybe Vasquez signed an NDA and he can't say anything (he didn't deny tho), while Greenblatt just knows it because they work in the same studio and decided to ruin the surprise because he's mad at Viacom rn

Dudley

Staff member
I think Vasquez exaggerates on the animosity of their relationship. Or maybe it was bad and has gotten better over the years.

ShadowBeast

I meant that there are so many returning old shows (the upcoming Rocko TV movie and the upcoming Legends of the Hidden Temple TV Movie, not to mention the upcoming Muppet Babies reboot), why can't they make something new for a change?
Well it's only just a movie and will probably end up cancelled like most planned cartoon movies. And we are still getting original content as well.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts