GlassCake

Have you guys ever noticed that the people that worked on the Yo-Kai Watch English dub were also involved with The Mr. Men Show on Cartoon Network.

Joseph J. Terry (credited as JW Terry; who voiced Mr. Fussy, Mr. Rude and Mr. Scatterbrain) voices Whisper and numerous characters. He used his Scatterbrain voice as Wazaat and his Mr. Rude voice for a French baker Manjimutt was working for.

Alicyn Packard (voice of Miss Sunshine, Naughty and Whoops) is Jibanyan, Komajiro and other numerous characters. I have yet to find a character that sounds like any of those.

Aaron Albertus (voice of Mr. Bump and Mr. Quiet) is Manjimutt. I didn't figure it out until Manjimutt screamed really loud when another dog-faced man gets released instead of him. He sounded exactly like Mr. Bump. But why was he credited as Pierre Holloway? Which ones the real name? I kinda think that Pierre is the real one because Cheryl Chase was credited as Sophie Roberts in Mr. Men.

Peter Rida Michail (voice of Mr. Messy) sings the rap theme song "Gera Gera Po" (Swampy Marsh, co-creator of Phineas and Ferb, does the Pop theme song).

And it's a coincidence there with Johnny because they all worked with Johnny in the past on PBS Kids show Space Rangers, so maybe the people who did the voice direction for that show returned for this cartoon.

Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
I don't think voices are a strong enough detail compare two shows similarities, if that is the case a lot of shows right now would be extremely alike on that regard.

GlassCake

I don't think voices are a strong enough detail compare two shows similarities, if that is the case a lot of shows right now would be extremely alike on that regard.
I know but it's the first time I've heard these actors in an anime. What? Chorion is sponsoring this? Isn't anyone familiar with the English cast because news about this is rare for this show? I tried to look up JW Terry's credentials and this is the only one and I also found Joseph J Terry's credentials. Whisper and Mr Fussy sound too much alike.

cheril59

Aaron Albertus (voice of Mr. Bump and Mr. Quiet) is Manjimutt. I didn't figure it out until Manjimutt screamed really loud when another dog-faced man gets released instead of him. He sounded exactly like Mr. Bump. But why was he credited as Pierre Holloway? Which ones the real name? I kinda think that Pierre is the real one because Cheryl Chase was credited as Sophie Roberts in Mr. Men.

Actually, no. It was Michelle Ruff who was credited as Sophie Roberts.

GlassCake

Actually, no. It was Michelle Ruff who was credited as Sophie Roberts.
Actually, no. For two reasons:

1- Someone actually tweeted Michelle Ruff about it and she said it's not her: http://percyfan94.deviantart.com/art/Possible-guess-to-Miss-Bossy-s-VA-342759940
2- It's actually Cheryl Chase because she said so on her Linkedin page and her resume website.
http://villagegreenstudios.com/view14/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/cheryl-chase-0049245?trk=prof-samename-name

I did contact Mark Ristley about it since he directs both Yo-Kai Watch and Mr. Men Show; and prior to both shows, he was a producer and storyboard artist on Rugrats, which maybe why he wanted Cheryl Chase. But, he couldn't tell me if it was her, saying it was Sophie Roberts, and he said he cannot confirm or deny if Yokai Watch was a union dub (and to make it funnier he couldnt confirm or deny the existence of Ms Bossy). Even Level 5 told me that they couldn't tell me that.

However, he did say that he did bring JW Terry, Alicyn and Pierre to Yokai Watch because of Mr. Men Show and Johnny because of Space Racers. He liked worked with actors he's familiar with.

Have you guys ever noticed that the people that worked on the Yo-Kai Watch English dub were also involved with The Mr. Men Show on Cartoon Network.

Joseph J. Terry (credited as JW Terry; who voiced Mr. Fussy, Mr. Rude and Mr. Scatterbrain) voices Whisper and numerous characters. He used his Scatterbrain voice as Wazaat and his Mr. Rude voice for a French baker Manjimutt was working for.

Alicyn Packard (voice of Miss Sunshine, Naughty and Whoops) is Jibanyan, Komajiro and other numerous characters. I have yet to find a character that sounds like any of those.

Peter Rida Michail (voice of Mr. Messy) sings the rap theme song "Gera Gera Po" (Swampy Marsh, co-creator of Phineas and Ferb, does the Pop theme song).

And it's a coincidence there with Johnny because they all worked with Johnny in the past on PBS Kids show Space Rangers, so maybe the people who did the voice direction for that show returned for this cartoon.

Aaron Albertus/Pierre Halloway's real name is Paul Greenberg, FYI..

Actually, no. For two reasons:

1- Someone actually tweeted Michelle Ruff about it and she said it's not her: http://percyfan94.deviantart.com/art/Possible-guess-to-Miss-Bossy-s-VA-342759940
2- It's actually Cheryl Chase because she said so on her Linkedin page and her resume website.
http://villagegreenstudios.com/view14/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/cheryl-chase-0049245?trk=prof-samename-name

I did contact Mark Ristley about it since he directs both Yo-Kai Watch and Mr. Men Show; and prior to both shows, he was a producer and storyboard artist on Rugrats, which maybe why he wanted Cheryl Chase. But, he couldn't tell me if it was her, saying it was Sophie Roberts, and he said he cannot confirm or deny if Yokai Watch was a union dub (and to make it funnier he couldnt confirm or deny the existence of Ms Bossy). Even Level 5 told me that they couldn't tell me that.

However, he did say that he did bring JW Terry, Alicyn and Pierre to Yokai Watch because of Mr. Men Show and Johnny because of Space Racers. He liked worked with actors he's familiar with.

True, but you should know about this:
  • Aaron Albertus and Pierre Halloway are the pseudonyms of Paul Greenberg (Same voice actor, different names)
  • Joey D'Auria is the actor with the pseudonyms of Joseph J. Terry and J. W. Terry
That's all there is to it...

(Also, I apologise for the late reply)..

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-16_22-7-36.png
    upload_2018-4-16_22-7-36.png
    343 bytes · Views: 41

GlassCake

Yes. I know Paul is Pierre/Aaron. It has been confirmed that the actors were credited differently because SAG wasn't used in the first season.

But none of this matters anymore because the whole cast is replaced as of this point.

Yes. I know Paul is Pierre/Aaron. It has been confirmed that the actors were credited differently because SAG wasn't used in the first season.

But none of this matters anymore because the whole cast is replaced as of this point.

But, we signed the petition online to keep the cast...
Or it's that Mark Risely didn't want the actors be credited legally...

GlassCake

But, we signed the petition online to keep the cast...
Or it's that Mark Risely didn't want the actors be credited legally...
Mark had no involvement in the recasting. It was purely Level 5s decision. Of course as a director, while he really wants to work with the actors, he didn't want to get them in trouble with SAG so they had to use pseudonyms. But when it became union they were given the proper credits.

Sadly that's the downfall that led to be recast. SAG rates are expensive whether it be anime or not and I guess Level 5 didn't want to have to pay that hefty sum.

I also think it's a bit too late for petitions since Vancouver based people are already getting involved.

Mark had no involvement in the recasting. It was purely Level 5s decision. Of course as a director, while he really wants to work with the actors, he didn't want to get them in trouble with SAG so they had to use pseudonyms. But when it became union they were given the proper credits.

Sadly that's the downfall that led to be recast. SAG rates are expensive whether it be anime or not and I guess Level 5 didn't want to have to pay that hefty sum.

I also think it's a bit too late for petitions since Vancouver based people are already getting involved.

Ugh...
Stupid money issues..

jaylop97

Staff member
Voice actors reuniting in cartoons is more coincidental than intentional and either way plot wise I don't see much similarities between both shows.

GlassCake

I also think the other similarity is that Peter Michail did a song or two in Yokai Watch. That's pretty much it! Oh and that they both have series of segments/plots, 2 separate English dubs, and are both watered down for children!

Oh and some of the voices from Yokai Watch sound exactly like specific characters like Wazzatt sounding like Mr. Scatterbrain (both by Joey D'Auria), Peckpocket being like Mr. Quiet (both Paul Greenberg). And I'm pretty sure Joey D'Auria did his 'narrator' voice for the Gnomey segments.

And considering that Katie 'Chatterbox' Leigh is gonna play Inoue in the dub, I can see even more relations.

I also think the other similarity is that Peter Michail did a song or two in Yokai Watch. That's pretty much it! Oh and that they both have series of segments/plots, 2 separate English dubs, and are both watered down for children!

Oh and some of the voices from Yokai Watch sound exactly like specific characters like Wazzatt sounding like Mr. Scatterbrain (both by Joey D'Auria), Peckpocket being like Mr. Quiet (both Paul Greenberg). And I'm pretty sure Joey D'Auria did his 'narrator' voice for the Gnomey segments.

And considering that Katie 'Chatterbox' Leigh is gonna play Inoue in the dub, I can see even more relations.

Peter Rida Michail did two songs in the anime show!!
That's true for the other facts!!!

But I dunno about Katie Leigh since she probably has other projects to work on...

There's also Brokenbrella, Fidgephant and Manjimutt who all three sounded like Mr. Bump along with Jibanyan sounding similar to Miss Whoops!

Hell, there's even pictures of Miss Whoops with Jibanyan as well!!:
https://r0b3ka789.deviantart.com/art/Miss-Whoops-as-Jibanyan-707261806
https://percyfan94.deviantart.com/art/Miss-Whoops-gaining-feline-features-698797692

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts