"Teen Titans: The Judas Contract" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Teen Titans: Judas Contract
Spring 2017

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment revealed the 2017 line-up of DC Universe Animated Original Movies at the 2016 San Diego Comic-Con. Announced Friday, July 22nd, 2016, the animated film Teen Titans: Judas Contract will hit home video in Spring 2017!

Sources: CBR 3/16, PB insta 5/22, WF 7/22, CBR 7/22,

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think this is the movie I'm looking forward to the most, out of the 3 announced. Some of the Judas Contract story plot points shouldn't really surprise anyone by now, but they could always change things up a bit.

Edit: Wonder if they'll bring back Deathstroke from Son of Batman.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think this is the movie I'm looking forward to the most, out of the 3 announced. Some of the Judas Contract story plot points shouldn't really surprise anyone by now, but they could always change things up a bit.

Edit: Wonder if they'll bring back Deathstroke from Son of Batman.
It's possible. While you could argue the depiction of Deathstroke's death either way, it is important to keep in mind all the Lazarus Pit chemicals were leaking into the ocean. Anything could have happened.

Do we know if this is going to make any use of the script developed by Marv Wolfman back when this movie series first began?
It is unknown right now. We just got a title. Since the event ended at 12 am, I would be surprised if articles popped up immediately. Maybe.

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
Glad this one is finally getting made, even if it took more than 10 years. Justice League vs Teen Titans was also a surprisingly enjoyable movie, so I am looking forward to it.

Also, even though I get slightly annoyed seeing movies like Dark Knight Returns in the kid section of Target, I admit I do get a smile thinking about parents buying The Judas Contract thinking its a Teen Titans Go! movie. :D

Frontier

Staff member
I'm really happy that it seems JLvsTT was successful enough to warrant the Teen Titans getting their own movie in the line, and it also affords DC Animation the opportunity to finally do the movie adaption of Judas Contract that they've been holding off on for almost as long as Killing Joke ;).

It's going to be interesting to see how they adapt the Judas Contract, especially since they'll be doing it in an already established continuity and in a world where a lot of people can know what to expect having watched the original Teen Titans cartoon. I'm also curious as to how much darker this might be compared to JLvsTT, and how they'll characterize Terra o_O.

Whether Deathstroke will be in it given his fate in Son of Batman is certainly a good question, though when you think about it...Damian being on the Titans gives Slade ample reason to target them :ack:.

Definitely looking forward to seeing the team again and exploring more of their relationships, as well as well as hopefully getting deeper into their characters as a whole :).

I hope Nightwing is in it for more then five minutes and we get to see more of his relationship with Damian and Starfire explored, as well as his own history with the Titans, and hopefully he doesn't spend most of his screentime talking about how bad being raised by Batman was :sweat:.

Since they established at the end of JLvsTT that Cyborg now hangs around with the Titans, I expect he'll be in the movie too :cool:.

I wonder if we'll get any additions to the roster, aside from obviously Terra? Of course, keeping the roster the same gives them more time to focus on the core Titans (and Terra), but it would be neat to see them add a few more Teen Titans characters :anime:.

It would also be nice to seet hem go more into the origins of the Titans and how they formed in this continuity, and who founded them (alongside presumably Kori and Dick).

the greenman

I don't remember hearing about adapting The Killing Joke until Hammill mentioned it when he announced his "retirement" from the character. Then Timm mentioned it as wishful thinking a couple yrs later around when TDKR came about. But these were not as long as Judas Contract development which was the early days of the DCU DTV line, when WW, New Frontier came out.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
It only took them 10 years.

As fun as Justice League vs. Teen Titans was, I really hope they don't mould the story to give Damien an increased role.

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
I've expressed my displeasure about what the cast will inevitably be already. I'm not a big fan of what these new 52 movies are doing, but I will be cautiously optimistic as I've been waiting for this for almost ten years. I do hope we see Nightwing fully integrated into the team

Frontier

Staff member
I at least hope they keep the voice cast consistent with JLvsTT, and we don't get as many recasts as there were in Thrones of Atlantis, though I'm certain we'll have Stuart Allen and Kari Wahlgren back as Robin and Starfire respectively :).

EmaHalJordan

If this film had been made in 2008, we would have seen the correct version of Titans. Now unfortunately we will see the current version of Justice League vs TT!

Only hope see to Donna Troy in this movie! With see to Donna I will be happy! :)

juan1193

Im so glad JLvs TT was successful enough to warrant a sequel as I quite enjoyed that movie!! I loved the line-up of Titans they used as well.

Damien, Raven, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle and Starfire make a very interesting and visually awesome team. Im excited to see Terra included and how she will interact with the other Titans!! Hopefully they don't add any more members beyond Terra for the movie as I want to see the team dynamic fleshed out.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Surely this movie was in production before the release of JL vs TT, so it's performance has no bearing on this getting the greenlight,

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, presumably Beast Boy will have a bigger role. If Damian has about the same focus as Batman in the more recent JL movies, I would be content.

Also, even though I get slightly annoyed seeing movies like Dark Knight Returns in the kid section of Target, I admit I do get a smile thinking about parents buying The Judas Contract thinking its a Teen Titans Go! movie. :D
Wait till you see The Killing Joke in the kid section.

If this film had been made in 2008, we would have seen the correct version of Titans.
There is no correct version, just millions of fans who want their own version to appear on screen. Any character or team is open to multiple reinterpretations.

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
There is no correct version, just millions of fans who want their own version to appear on screen. Any character or team is open to multiple reinterpretations.

True as that may be, technically the "correct version" in this sense would be referring to the version from which the source material is coming from.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
True as that may be, technically the "correct version" in this sense would be referring to the version from which the source material is coming from.
Point taken, but remember the titles for these in-canon movies are deceiving in regard to the content. They are loose to zero adaptations of the titles they share, more and more.

juan1193

Surely this movie was in production before the release of JL vs TT, so it's performance has no bearing on this getting the greenlight,
I'd wager JL vs TT success gave WB enough confidence to move forward with it. I mean Judas Contract was cancelled before because they thought Teen Titans didn't have a big enough audience to support it.

I'm actually surprised we're getting another Titans movie and i couldn't be more thrilled.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I went into JLvsTT with very low expectations and it won me over. It even got me to take a chance on other movies in this continuity that I skipped and I even kind of like this continuity they have going (though not all of the movies are the greatest). I'm really interested to see how they handle this and it should be fun to see this iteration of the Titans on another adventure. I wouldn't be surprised if they rework it to have Terra working directly for HIVE and Deathstroke isn't involved at all. Though if Deathstroke somehow is around, I could see him cooking up the scheme to get revenge on Damien. Whatever they do, I'm just hoping for a good feature.

RoryWilliams

Even then that's not a given. Even before the changeover into a shared continuity, the films still regularly took liberties with the original characters and source material. Such as the Tower of Babel storyline being adapted as Doom.

Frontier

Staff member
They showed the team fighting HIVE soldiers in a training simulation, so given they already have designs, I wouldn't be surprised if HIVE is still involved.

I do kinda hope that, in light of recent controversies, the crew behind this movie are careful in how they portray Terra. Especially if Deathstroke is also going to be in the movie :ack:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts