"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Welcome to the second installment of the Justice League Action News & Discussion Thread, here on Toon Zone! Use this thread to keep up to date with the latest news about the show and discuss them in a civilized manner!

IKa0wpB.png

Channel: Cartoon Network
Tentative Airdate: Fall 2016

Justice League Action series details:

Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman lead the DC Comics Super Heroes against their most infamous foes in adventures packed with relentless thrills, fun and action. No need to wait for the good stuff to start, each eleven-minute episode jumps in with lightning-paced action and heroics. Whether defending the Earth, facing invaders from space, or battling the bizarre forces of magic, the always-rotating team of Justice League heroes, are up to any challenge.

The series will feature a different format from previous Justice League shows, with eleven-minute episodes similar to their comedy series Teen Titans Go!. The creative team is full of DC Animation alums with Sam Register (TTG!) executive producing, and Butch Lukic (Justice League, Batman Beyond), Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series), and Jim Krieg (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) also producing.

Cast and crew details - will be edited on a regular basis as more information comes out.

Sean Astin - Shazam
Diedrich Bader - Booster Gold
Hannibal Buress - Mr. Terrific
P.J. Byrne - Firestorm
Lacey Chabert
Kevin Conroy - Batman
John de Lancie - Brainiac
John DiMaggio - Lobo
Michael Dorn - Atrocitus
Gilbert Gottfried - Mister Mxyzptlk
Mark Hamill - Joker
Ken Jeong - Toyman
Josh Keaton - Hal Jordan/Green Lantern
Rachel Kimsey - Wonder Woman
Cloris Leachman
Jason J. Lewis - Superman, Desaad, Carmine Falcone, General Zod, Krypto the Super-Dog
Max Mittelman
Patton Oswalt - Space Cabbie
Khary Payton - Cyborg
Carl Reiner - The Wizard
Patrick Seitz
Armin Shimerman - Zilius Zox
Dana Snyder - Plastic Man
Brent Spiner - Riddler
Joanne Spracklen - Supergirl
Tara Strong
Oliver Vaquer
James Woods - Lex Luthor

Alan Burnett - Producer
Jim Krieg - Producer
Butch Lukic - Producer
Sam Register - Executive Producer

Shaunt Nigoghossian - Director

Jeremy Adams - Writer
Ernie Altbacker - Writer
Alan Burnett - Writer
Jonathan Callan - Writer
Paul Dini - Writer
Rebecca Kaminski - Writer
Jennifer Muro - Writer
Patrick Rieger - Writer
Mairghread Scott - Writer
John Semper Jr. - Writer
Brian Ford Sullivan - Writer

Jay Bastian
Matthew Bordenave
Michael Borkowski
Jake Castorena
Heath Corson
Wes Gleason - Voice Director
Shane Glines - Lead Character Design
Kevin Riepl - Composer
Allison Smith - Storyboard Artist
William Ruzicka - Storyboard Artist

Previous Discussion Thread:

"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

NOTE: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
There's a formal review of the screened episode that reveals the villain of the piece and the voice actor.
I admit, the idea of Kevin Conroy doing a lighter and funner Batman ala Brave and the Bold sounds awesome :D.

Toymaker? And if Ken Jeong is voicing him, does that mean he's Asian like the Hiro Okamura version? DC really likes doing multiple riffs on Toyman :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
From Newsarama's coverage, Dana Snyder is voicing Plastic Man, and Hannibal Buress plays Mr. Terrific.

Patton Oswalt will be in the cast as well.

Frontier

Staff member
From Newsarama's coverage, Dana Snyder is voicing Plastic Man, and Hannibal Buress plays Mr. Terrific.

Patton Oswalt will be in the cast as well.
Beat me to it :p.

I'm surprised they didn't get Tom Kenny back, but Dana Snyder should be interesting to hear as Plastic Man and Hannibal Buress should be fun as Mr. Terrific :).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
From Newsarama's coverage, some of the characters that will/might show up on Justice League Action:

Numerous characters included in cameos images included Plastic Man, Lex Luthor, and more.
Lobo and Firestorm also seen in cameos.
Mongul, Joker (voiced by Mark Hamill), Red Lanterns, Hippolyta, Firestorm & Dr. Stein, Lobo, Lex Luthor, Plastic Man, Harley Quinn, Vixen, Mr. Freeze, and more were seen in a sizzle reel that is funny and action packed.
Krieg said that while the creators loved Ted Kord, he wouldn't show up in the first season, but that he could show up in a second season.
Skeets shows up in a Booster Gold episode, but that he may not have any lines - though he does have sound effects.
Krieg said Terry McGinnis could show up "down the road."
Lukic said if the show gets a second season, "a couple different Robins."
Patton Oswalt's Space Cabbie might be a full member of the Justice League.

Frontier

Staff member
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Oh wow, I'm loving this :D.

Stargirl! Blue Beetle! Braniac! Dex-Starr! Bleez! Martian Manhunter! Batman and Etrigan riding together! Wonder Woman calling the rest of the Trinity her sidekicks! Joker! Luthor! Hippolyta! Hawkman! Lobo vs Space Cabbie! Solomon Grundy vs. Swamp Thing! Zatanna vs. a giant Harley Quinn! A Batman hadoken! Vixen!

What more could you want from a DC cartoon :cool:?

"Miss me?" Well, no Kevin, it actually hasn't been that long since you last reprised Batman :p.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts