Hotel Transylvania: The Series Talkback Thread

ToonJay723

Staff member
StitchKingdom and The Hollywood Reporter are both reporting that a Hotel Transylvania series is being made, and that it will air on Disney Channels in the U.S. and internationally.

Corus Entertainment’s Nelvana and Sony Pictures Animation announced earlier today the new animated series, ‘Hotel Transylvania: The Television Series’ has been licensed to Disney Channels Worldwide, including the United States, for a unnamed premiere date in 2017. The order consists of 26 22-minute episodes.

Produced at the Nelvana Studio in Toronto, ‘Hotel Transylvania: The Television Series’ focuses on the teenage years of Dracula’s daughter, Mavis, and her three closest friends Hank N Stein, Pedro and Wendy Blob. With Dracula away on ‘Official Vampire Business,’ Mavis finally sees her chance to show her father what she can do. With the help of her friends, she decides to put her brilliant ideas of how to run the Hotel into motion, but …enter Aunt Lydia, Dracula’s older and much meaner sister. While Mavis and friends are ready to let loose and have fun, Aunt Lydia pushes for even more order and tradition at the Hotel.

Executive producers on the series are Rick Mischel from Sony Pictures Animation and Scott Dyer, Colin Bohm, and Irene Weibel from Nelvana.

DeVon Franklin, the producer who focuses on faith-based movie, as well as Lisa Henson and Brian Henson are exec producing. SPA’s television slate includes a Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs series and a Hotel Transylvania series, produced in partnership with Canada’s animation powerhouse Nelvana, focusing on the teenage years of Dracula’s daughter Mavis and her friends. It will be airing on the Disney Channel worldwide sometime in 2017.

I liked the first two films, so I'm interested, but the fact that Nelvana is also involved has me worried.

UPDATE: The show will air on Disney Channel June 25th.

Last edited:

ToonJay723

Staff member
Why Disney Channel? It just seems so out of place.
Not necessarily Disney Channel, Disney Channels Worldwide includes, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, Disney Cinemagic, Dlife, and Hungama TV.

I think in the US, it will most likely air on Disney XD.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Man, there are quite a few animated series based on movies coming out next year. I haven't seen either movies yet, but I might for the fun of it and to watch this series. It will most likely air on Disney XD rather than Disney Channel proper in the U.S. though.

jaylop97

Staff member
I thought that Hotel Transylvania would always have fitted as something Disney would take interest, and to think its a movie getting a cartoon that is not one of Disney's movies.

Troy Troodon

It's probably better as a TV series than just another sequel anyway. All the same, I'm really into this idea. Though I'm curious, since Nelvana's on board, does this mean they'll be using Canadian based voice actors instead of the LA roster, or is Nelvana merely distributing it like they did with Chalkzone or Danny Phantom?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It's airing on Disney Channel and not Disney XD? When would it air then? Disney's non preschool cartoons always go to Disney XD. In other news, I'm excited for the show. I wonder who the voice cast is.

blak89

The movie (only saw the first for now) was... cute, but nothing really amazing.

I guess the entire premise would indeed work better as an animated comedy series.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Unless the writing is a massive step up from those crappy movies, I don't see this doing well at all, honestly. That'll require finding writers who actually know about comedy to begin with, too...

Dr.Pepper

Not necessarily Disney Channel, Disney Channels Worldwide includes, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, Disney Cinemagic, Dlife, and Hungama TV.

I think in the US, it will most likely air on Disney XD.
That makes more sense. When they said "Disney Channels" I thought they meant literal Disney Channels.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Unless the writing is a massive step up from those crappy movies, I don't see this doing well at all, honestly. That'll require finding writers who actually know about comedy to begin with, too...
I haven't seen Hotel Transylvania yet, but is it really that bad? It's from Genndy Tartakovsky, the creator of Samurai Jack, Sym-Bionic Titan and the good seasons of Dexter's Laboratory...

I won't believe Hotel Transylvania is a crappy movie until I've seen it with my own eyes!

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I haven't seen Hotel Transylvania yet, but it is really that bad? It's from Genndy Tartakovsky, the creator of Samurai Jack, Sym-Bionic Titan and the good seasons of Dexter's Laboratory...

I won't believe Hotel Transylvania is a crappy movie until I've seen it with my own eyes!

Yes. Please form your own opinion, just like I have mine.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I haven't seen Hotel Transylvania yet, but is it really that bad? It's from Genndy Tartakovsky, the creator of Samurai Jack, Sym-Bionic Titan and the good seasons of Dexter's Laboratory...

The movies are pretty good, if a bit flawed, and the general consensus thinks so too. It's certainly a major step up from Adam Sandler's other films.

Back to this show, it'll be interesting to see who will play what character considering the original films had A List actors.

Choppasmith

Nah, they're totally worth seeing if you're a fan of Genndy's work. They're nothing revolutionary or anything on par with the latest Disney films, but they're serviceable and quite fun.

Sonicx399

Wannabe animator

Hotel Transylvania 1&2 are definitely one of the best modern animated films from the 2010s.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

ShadowBeast

I liked the first one. But the second one had too much PC, the villain/s showed up way late, and Mavis should've been called out for the fact that she's turned out even more overprotective than her own father when comes to raising a child.

ZeroKelvin

The Last Samurai
Weird how Drac's not going to be in the show in a way (probably will appear at some point, I guess), and from the description (and no mention of Johnny) it sounds like it takes place before the events of the first movie. I wonder if they're gonna go with CGI (which, on a TV budget, obviously won't look as good as the movies) or the traditional route (which, if they do, hope it looks like the end credits animations from both movies). In my opinion, this at least sounds like a better premise than the Cloudy w/Meatballs TV series.

Here are some images:
latest

Hotel-Transylvania-The-Television-Series-TV-show-on-Disney-Channel-season-1-canceled-or-renewed.jpg

Troy Troodon

*GASP* It's gonna be Hand-Drawn... or Flash, that's a possibility. God, Mavis looks cute!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts