iTunes Now Selling Disney Afternoon Shows

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
The U.S. iTunes store now has a few Disney Afternoon cartoons for sale. It is probably just to place it under some network for the Disney section of iTunes, but they are listed with Disney XD branding. They include the complete runs of Talespin and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers. They are also offering Ducktales, but that is missing an episode from the comments listed. I hope Darkwing Duck is next in line to get a full release.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
And to answer what is probably your first question, yes this does include the episodes that aren't on DVD. Meaning we can finally enjoy Gizmoduck again in all his glory.

Toon4Thought

Also, oddly enough, for just the Chip 'n Dale volumes, they have HD versions available for sale (EDIT: Except for volume 2, but the quality in the samples is still the same).

I highly doubt it would mean anything in terms of quality, but then again it seems their copies of that show have significantly crisper video quality than those of the other two. I don't know if that's how they came out to begin with though. Anyone who has the DVD, can you please tell me if the video looks as clear as these screenshots I took from a few of the samples?

ChipnDale1.jpg ChipnDale2.jpg ChipnDale3.jpg ChipnDale4.jpg

Last edited:

DonkeyKongSong

Oh yeah, one other thing I must say...

BUY THESE EPISODES NOW. SHOW DISNEY YOUR SUPPORT. DOLLARS SPEAK LOUDER THAN COMPLAINTS. THEY ARE GIVING YOU A CHANCE TO SHOW THAT THERE IS AN AUDIENCE FOR THESE SHOWS. TV IS A BUSINESS, NOT A CHARITY. IT EXISTS TO MAKE MONEY, NOT CATER TO NICHES OUTSIDE ITS TARGET AUDIENCE. SO BUY THE SHOWS IF YOU WANT TO SEE ANY MORE OF THIS STUFF AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Dr.Pepper

I'm surprised to that Gummi Bears isn't on the list. I actually saw a little girl watching Gummi Bears on her mom's iPad the other day so I checked this thread to see exactly which shows were for sale.

bat313

Does anyone know if these episodes are the modified/censored ones from Toon Disney or are they the original broadcast?

I know in the episode where scrooge first meets Fenton and kicks him out of the office by grabbing the gun of his mantle and shooting at him. But Fenton impresses him by quickly counting the bullets. This was cut out of the Toon Disney airing.

dth1971

When will other past Disney Afternoon cartoon shows - Gummi Bears, Goof Troop, Bonkers, Aladdin, Quack Pack, and Mighty Ducks - be on iTunes?

Mandouga

@DonkeyKongSong:

As pointed out earlier, Ducktales is missing one episode. I don't know about anybody else, but I'd rather have the complete series. I'd rather wait until they uploaded it before I get the others.

Look, I know we should show our support, but that's not really an excuse for not giving us every episode, especially when that one missing episode is also available on DVD, and also appeared when Amazon Prime Video had it. Just saying.

Whimsical Crank

Sensible to a Slight Degree
This is literally the first time ever I have seen Beaglemania in watchable quality, as well as Bubba's Big Brainstorm with the sound in sync, this is great news indeed!!

Toon4Thought

The packs were just released on Amazon, in case any of you prefer to buy episodes on there like I do.

Mandouga

...and it's also missing an episode. To be exact, both it and iTunes are missing the episode "Sphinx for the Memories". Also, I should point out that Amazon is still listing the Amazon Prime Video entry, even though it's no longer available.

ecmyers

Does anyone know if these episodes are the modified/censored ones from Toon Disney or are they the original broadcast?

I know in the episode where scrooge first meets Fenton and kicks him out of the office by grabbing the gun of his mantle and shooting at him. But Fenton impresses him by quickly counting the bullets. This was cut out of the Toon Disney airing.

I think that scene only appeared in the 2-hour long "Super DuckTales" broadcast as part of the Magical World of Disney. When the movie was broken up into five episodes for syndication, some scenes were missing, as they were with the "Treasure of the Golden Suns" and most other multi-episode Disney Afternoon shows. I wish they'd release the original uncut versions!

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
I think that scene only appeared in the 2-hour long "Super DuckTales" broadcast as part of the Magical World of Disney. When the movie was broken up into five episodes for syndication, some scenes were missing, as they were with the "Treasure of the Golden Suns" and most other multi-episode Disney Afternoon shows. I wish they'd release the original uncut versions!
All right, I'm busting this rumor for good. This was taken directly from the DVD set, from me, just now:

scroogefenton.jpg

The musket scene is on the DVD and it should be on digital as well.

It was the Super Ducktales version that had material cut, since it was squeezing five episodes' worth of material into a two-hour runtime.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Comon Darkwing Duck. Wouldn't mind seeing Aladdin too.

Last edited:

bat313

All right, I'm busting this rumor for good. This was taken directly from the DVD set, from me, just now:

scroogefenton.jpg

The musket scene is on the DVD and it should be on digital as well.

It was the Super Ducktales version that had material cut, since it was squeezing five episodes' worth of material into a two-hour runtime.

Awesome, thanks!

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
It's great to see old Disney shows on iTunes.
I'm surprised to that Gummi Bears isn't on the list. I actually saw a little girl watching Gummi Bears on her mom's iPad the other day so I checked this thread to see exactly which shows were for sale.
Woah, that's cool. Where was this?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts