Cartoon Network International News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

Well, at the end of the day they prob. have accomplished in what they wanted kids channel to have: less ads

Not as it was originally set (or maybe yes, since they prob. knew from the start the 31mins could've been used as a loophole), but you get an internal break less per hour

Said that, it seems CITV is the only respecting this law, with no 29+31 thing; they even use 5 mins-long show fillers, such as Oddbods

Last edited:

Francisque

CN LA professionality knows no boundaries!

After weeks Chile got back to winter time (UTC-3 to UTC-4), they still continue to believe Peru uses UTC-7, and not UTC-5 (or more likely, that Chile has moved to UTC-2)..
10am Chile / 7am Peru obviously > 10am Chile/ 9am Peru, also demonstrated by the TV guides

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
We in Portugal don't have that "31st minute rule".

And also, why is CN LA still forgetting about the time in Peru? This isn't Mexico!

Francisque

As I already said before, Italian kids channels, in addition to not being able to have internal ad breaks, for shows 25/30mins long, also have a more reduced number of ads (resulting in a more 25+25 mins schedule, unless a filler or something is added, like music videos on DC IT)

Adult channels (no matter if paying or free) are more reduced in their number of ads per hour too, resulting in a more "messed up" 55+50+25+30 min environment; I'd be OK with a 30+30+60 approach, however with the additional ads being pushed between the shows and not inside the shows

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
So that's why Tom and Jerry has a 20-minute slot followed by a 10-minute slot on Boomerang. I don't get why they need to do the weird times. Seriously, what's the point?

@Eggy: If they air only 3 shorts from T&J in each slot, it isn't surprising.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Found out that TN8 in Nicaragua is airing Regular Show as part of an adult animation block called "Prohibido Dormir" (Sleeping is Prohibited), where it airs alongside FOX animation and [as] shows.

Proof:

Some CN shows (but explicitly for kids) air every day on Viva Nicaragua (channel 13).

Dodokoce

Master
If you guys think that 4.0 will come on CNRSEE/CEE because of the TOON TOON/TYH TYH promo, it wont. The promo's old now. If the 4.0 look was supposed to come with that Toon Toon ident, we would have the 4.0 for longer time now.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Some newspapers and magazines highlighted the new episodes of Clarence this weekend.

Also, CN PT censorship in action:

Last edited:

Francisque

If you guys think that 4.0 will come on CNRSEE/CEE because of the TOON TOON/TYH TYH promo, it wont. The promo's old now. If the 4.0 look was supposed to come with that Toon Toon ident, we would have the 4.0 for longer time now.
It has nothing to do with Toon Toon (although this time it'll be the chance to change Toon Toon on CEE).. there've been more signs of 4.0, like this video of the CN 4.0 idents made for a "EMEA refresh"

Also: in the YT graphics of the German-controlled CNs of recent videos, in the new June highlights promos, and even some other bits here and there

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
This is SO WONDERFULL! :D

Also, just when I thought that CN CEE stopped with their damm postponings, now they have don it again. This weekend they replaced the new episodes 10 and 11 of Yo-Kai Watch with repeats of episodes 5 and 7. When will they stop this, for the god's sake?... :shrug:

And CN CEE also aired those Check 4.0-style CN Toon Toon bumpers, but for some reason they stopped airing them and reverted to the old 1.0 ones. Why?... Does CN RSEE still use them, or did they also revert to the Check 1.0 bumpers?

RegularCapital

Staff member
Cartoon Network UK are now uploading Another Week On Cartoon on YouTube! :O ("Another Week In Cartoons" is more grammatically correct though)

I was also surprised when they uploaded this promo for a Exchange Student Zero game on the CN UK Website:

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I've noticed it today but on a screen shot via the Argentine Facebook page Memes Feos 2.0. Maybe we will have it in EU-PT one of these days.

Moleoman

Cartoon Network UK are now uploading Another Week On Cartoon on YouTube! :O ("Another Week In Cartoons" in more grammatically correct though)

I'm surprised that they also retained that foreign accented VA from CN LA version instead of replacing him with a one from UK (or at least a one speaking English properly).

Francisque

Aren't we maybe forgetting the possibility this is they want the way the video to be? Maybe the Spanish accent is for comic purposes.. (you know, a mysterious/odd kind of story accent)

Still, I'm surpised CN UK has uploaded it :D

@Daffyrocks yes, CN RSEE still has the new Toon Toon bumpers, but in their case, it was "logical", since it changed its name to ТУН ТУН, and modifying the old Toon Toon bumpers just before a 4.0 rebrand would've been stupid
Meanwhile, since the name has remained the same, on CEE (obviously), they think in their case it's better to remain with the old look until an actual rebrand

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
As I said, hopefully other European CN YT pages will add it, but not the German-run YT ones. (unless they come in by surprise like that CN News event)

Speaking of "CN News", WHY did Boing ES skip it? They should have done it last month! Madrid was even mentioned!

RegularCapital

Staff member
Any thoughts about the Exchange Student Zero game video, could there be a possibility of airing the show or at least the movie on CN Europe feeds?

Francisque

Any thoughts about the Exchange Student Zero game video, could there be a possibility of airing the show or at least the movie on CN Europe feeds?
I guess.. otherwise they wouldn't have posted it on their YT channel, or not?
Unless maybe that's a mistake from Turner UK's part :p

BTW CN IT is bringing back Batman: The Brave and the Bold during the weekends (albet at 10pm).. after Teen Titans and Ben 10, I'm becoming somehow surprised by them lol

The Summer schedule in reality starts today at 6am; the one during the weekend wasn't still on Summer mode..
Let's see if they intend to rebrand.. you know, after Nick Italy did..

And today could be the chance for CN RSEE to do that too, with the official beginning of the Summer schedule

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts