Dish Network To Drop Nickelodeon along with 17 Other Networks

digiblader1

Viacom is full of it. They don't deserve another dime of DISH's money until Dauman is gone and Cyma Zarghami is fired from Nickelodeon.

jaylop97

Staff member
Glad dont have these channels to begin with, cant wait to see how well they do during this time.

Mr. Daniel

Back (but just occasionally)
Didn't DirecTV drop Viacom channels for a week a couple of years ago? Or was it Time Warner Cable? Anyways, I agree with @digiblader1 on this. The entirety of Viacom needs a total overhaul.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
Good I don't have Dish anymore but maybe this will teach Viacom a lesson! This is what they get for over-relying on certain popular franchises! I honestly don't think kids need Nick anymore anyway because there cartoons & live-action shows are brainwashing people & ruining lives! I miss pre-SBSP era Nick with all the game shows & such!

BTW I'm sick of the constant similcasting too!

lunadraws94

Turning this forum's head since 2016!
If any drop happens, it'll likely last the same amount of time as DirecTV's did a couple of years ago. Ergen's attitude sure slightly changed over the last 24 hours.

In whatever case, I'm sure many wouldn't miss the Viacom networks. The programming on most of them is a complete waste nowadays, and I don't think those "viewers" they claim are watching their shows on a phone or tablet are even watching them now. I can't remember the last time I watched a Viacom network. In fact, I can't remember the last time I even wanted to watch a Viacom network. The current management has failed on so many levels, from suing YouTube rather than embracing it, to selling off what could have been a promising investment in their Vice stake waaaaaaaaaayy too soon (they could've been partially saved by it). Many of their once-powerful brands have been cratered to the bottom of the barrel, especially MTV and Nick. If everything crashes and burns between the two, which seems very likely at this point, I'm sure Viacom won't even exist in several years time. Hopefully their "assets" will be sold to one who knows what to do with TV programming. Or maybe those ambitions are too high.

NewYorkEagle

I wish cable and satellite providers did the same with Nick. I really can't stand Nickelodeon anymore, since it wasn't as good as they used to be in the 90s and 2000s. You could even watch some programming that Nickelodeon had during the 80s, and it looks better than the 2010s in comparison. This decade is basically the worst for Nickelodeon, although I quit watching the channel because it sucks. Really boring as heck.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
"@Baltimoreian: I wish cable and satellite providers did the same with Nick. I really can't stand Nickelodeon anymore, since it wasn't as good as they used to be in the 90s and 2000s. You could even watch some programming that Nickelodeon had during the 80s, and it looks better than the 2010s in comparison. This decade is basically the worst for Nickelodeon, although I quit watching the channel because it sucks. Really boring as heck."

Nickelodeon mostly makes programming relevant to today's kids, not the same viewers it had in the 1990s. To viewers in the 80s, that was when Nick at its best; to viewers in the 90s, that's when Nick was best, etc. Viewers in Nick's core demo at the moment most likely think that Nick is at its best now.

NewYorkEagle

"@Baltimoreian: I wish cable and satellite providers did the same with Nick. I really can't stand Nickelodeon anymore, since it wasn't as good as they used to be in the 90s and 2000s. You could even watch some programming that Nickelodeon had during the 80s, and it looks better than the 2010s in comparison. This decade is basically the worst for Nickelodeon, although I quit watching the channel because it sucks. Really boring as heck."

Nickelodeon mostly makes programming relevant to today's kids, not the same viewers it had in the 1990s. To viewers in the 80s, that was when Nick at its best; to viewers in the 90s, that's when Nick was best, etc. Viewers in Nick's core demo at the moment most likely think that Nick is at its best now.

Eh.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
Since this isn't happening shouldn't this thread be locked? I just got confirmation from Dish themselves on Facebook!

jaylop97

Staff member
Ah man of course they would of reached an agreement, I really wished they went with the drop, but it was a predictable outcome.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts