Cartoon Network International News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JedEmily

Talking about CN on DTT, yesterday there was a DigitalSpy forum user in a thread (s)he created talking about CN UK going FTA in its own "version" (not very clear here; I guess something à la Boing) as a parttime channel.. but I don't think we can trust this
I was about to post about it… it seems fishy

CosmoMattia75Vista

CosMattia
Yep, it is

I've not seen a PPG promo on Italian national channels (yet), but I've seen a few airing on the TV paying channels

@CosmoMattia75Vista Since I won't be at home on next week, please check for me if CN IT eventually will be rebranded on that day (of course a huge maybe; but since we have had Turner rebrands on the same day as important premieres..).. thanks :D

Of course (so I am following Yo-Kai Watch why I might be able to recording CN), we hope that at least now is rebranded, but never say never. :D
I also hope that one day even arrives CN IT HD, because Sky, the HD possess the only Disney channels, and then not even Nick and DeaKids (for example).

Only on Boing out during the hype of PowerPuff Girls spot on CN. I do not think that Rai is put forward such promos. xD

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Talking about CN on DTT, yesterday there was a DigitalSpy forum user in a thread (s)he created talking about CN UK going FTA in its own "version" (not very clear here; I guess something à la Boing) as a parttime channel.. but I don't think we can trust this
I've seen that conversation and I instantly believed that it was actually fake. More like a delayed April Fool's Day prank.

szjdfgs

ubuntuegor managed to record a continuity of CN LA and posted it on YouTube. It's a month old, but still.
There was one earlier version of this video with a PPG promo, but it was blocked for copyright reasons, and was reuploaded now without that promo in the video, but in the description.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I thought that CN LA still had all promos dubbed into English. Now it's like CN CEE.

EDIT: Or does that only apply to the generic feed, which can be seen in the Carribbean?

mariosjaque

Sólo un usuario más.
I thought that CN LA still had all promos dubbed into English. Now it's like CN CEE.

EDIT: Or does that only apply to the generic feed, which can be seen in the Carribbean?
That's CN Mexico. It's the only feed that promotes the CN Blah app.

mariosjaque

Sólo un usuario más.
In Portugal, not even close. I haven't seen a promo outside of CN PT yet.

Where did you read that? Is it because the block is doing well?
Screenshot_2016-04-17-09-26-36.png
they mentioned me in a comment

Francisque

Except there's no need to have the full continuity in English, since these feeds cater a specific linguistic market only
Hence the reason why the English audio track doesn't tell the times; they're in English only because those are mass produced promos also broadcast in Brazil, ready to be dubbed in ES and PT

BTW CN Scandinavia is using the "3.5" LA idents in spite of having rebranded to 4.0; so these idents can be used during 4.0 too

mariosjaque

Sólo un usuario más.
Except there's no need to have the full continuity in English, since these feeds only cater a specific linguistic market only

BTW CN Scandinavia is using the "3.5" LA idents in spite of having rebranded to 4.0; so these idents can be used during 4.0 too
CN LA also uses them as 4.0 bumpers

Francisque

Talking about "overspilling" territories in LA, does someone know if the Falkland Islands get CN Argentina (and maybe some other Argentinian channels) in English?

Because in that case, the English audiotrack during promos can be helpful

mariosjaque

Sólo un usuario más.
Except there's no need to have the full continuity in English, since these feeds cater a specific linguistic market only
Hence the reason why the English audio track doesn't tell the times; they're in English only because those are mass produced promos also broadcast in Brazil, ready to be dubbed in ES and PT

They do tell the times, but ubuntuegor recorded it during Cartoon Pop and in that block all promos use english graphics or don't have times.
Also all promos are dubbed diferently for each feed:
Example:
generic (Col/Ven) feed: Tío Grandpa, nuevos episodios los lunes en la tarde. (English audio: Uncle Grandpa, new episodes monday evenings)
Chi/per feed: Tío Grandpa, nuevos episodios los lunes en la noche (Eng: Uncle Grandpa, new episodes monday nights)
Argentina and mexico: Tío Grandpa, nuevos episodios los lunes a las 8:45 de la noche (Eng: Uncle Grandpa, new episodes mondays at 8:45pm)
During the Cartoon Pop block: Tío Grandpa por Cartoon Network. (Eng: Uncle Grandpa on Cartoon Network)

Francisque

Cartoon Pop block? Something broadcast overnight?

Because in that case, the lack of dates and times (on the audiotrack) overnight (from 21:00 to 06:00 CET) is something in common with Cartoon Network RSEE and maybe Cartoon Network CEE too (I don't know about CN Poland and CN NL); the promos, in spite of being the same ones broadcast all day, become generic and just say "only on Cartoon Network",at the end, on all the audiotracks, independently from the language

mariosjaque

Sólo un usuario más.
Cartoon Pop block? Something broadcast overnight?

Because in that case, the lack of "times" (on the audiotrack) overnight (from 21:00 to 06:00 CET) is something in common with Cartoon Network RSEE and maybe Cartoon Network CEE too (I don't know about CN Poland and CN NL); the promos, in spite of being the same ones broadcast all day, become generic and only say "only on Cartoon Network", without the date and without the times, on all the audiotracks, independently from the language
The Cartoon Pop block is the local variant of Cartoon Cartoon Fridays, here it never got out of the schedule. It airs monday to friday at 4-6am on the Chi/per feed.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@mariosjaque: Does that mean that there will be a DTT mux w/CN LA-CL, Boomerang LA and CNN Chile next to CHV? If that happens, then obviously CN and Boomerang will change their schedules.

mariosjaque

Sólo un usuario más.
@mariosjaque: Does that mean that there will be a DTT mux w/CN LA-CL, Boomerang LA and CNN Chile next to CHV? If that happens, then obviously CN and Boomerang will change their schedules.
I think Boom's schedule might change but CN's schedule is already ready for the chilean DTT. CN airs Chilean shows. Also CHV's current Santiago DTT mux has 1 extra signal now that airs CHV videoclips from CHV's musical record CHV Música.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I think Boom's schedule might change but CN's schedule is already ready for the chilean DTT. CN airs Chilean shows. Also CHV's current Santiago DTT mux has 1 extra signal now that airs CHV videoclips from CHV's musical record CHV Música.
This will make CN CL the first terrestrial CN feed since CN NL left the Dutch terrestrial platform a few years back (even that was free). (oh, CN TR and Arabic don't count as they're via satellite)

Then what will happen to the other countries that get CN CL? Will they get CN Colombia or Venezuela?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts