"Marvel's Cloak and Dagger" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoryWilliams

Season 1 Premiere: June 7, 2018 at 8 PM EST
Season 2 Premiere: April 4, 2019 at 8 PM EST

Freeform Greenlights Marvel Romance Superhero Series ‘Cloak and Dagger’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Talkbacks
Season 1
Season 2

Episode Guide
  1. June 07, 2018 "First Light"
  2. June 07, 2018 "Suicide Sprints"
  3. June 14, 2018 "Stained Glass"
  4. June 21, 2018 "Call/Response"
  5. June 28, 2018 "Princeton Offense"
  6. July 5, 2018 "Funhouse Mirrors"
  7. July 12, 2018 "Lotus Eaters"
  8. July 19, 2018 "Ghost Stories"
  9. July 26, 2018 "Back Breaker"
  10. August 2, 2018 "Colony Collapse"
  11. April 4, 2019 "Restless Energy"
  12. April 4, 2019 "White Lines"
  13. April 11, 2019 "Shadow Selves"
  14. April 18, 2019 "Rabbit Hold"
  15. April 25, 2019 "Alignment Chart"
  16. May 2, 2019 "B Sides"
  17. May 9, 2019 "Vikingtown Sound"
  18. May 16, 2019 "Two Player"
  19. May 23, 2019 "Blue Note"
  20. May 30, 2019 "Level Up"
Seems that after all these years, it's finally been giving a greenlight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
I was wondering if we would ver see something happen with Cloak and Dagger, and happy to see they're finally going through with it :).

Though having it be on ABC Fam...I mean, Freeform, isn't what I expected, though I think for a show chronicling young adult Superheroes who might not need Spider-Man level of budget to pull off, dealing with young adult problems and romance, it might fit well ;).

Looking forward to news on producers/writers, who they'll cast as Cloak and Dagger, the look and feel they'll be going for with the characters, and how it might fit into the MCU :cool:.

the greenman

Ok. Thanx. I don't have cable. Anyhow, Cloak & Dagger is the most unappropriate title to put on there. Power Pack, or even Nova, but not C&D.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It's so amazing to hear Cloak and Dagger wasn't put in the vault for good. After 6 or 7 years, they came back and got greenlit - Jessica Jones and Cloak and Dagger. The trifecta would be Most Wanted since it's essentially a Mockingbird show.

I wonder if they're sticking with the premise reported back in 2011 of them in New Orleans. It's shaping to be the year of superheroes for New Orleans. Just wow!

EDIT: Show is set for 2017.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Ok. Thanx. I don't have cable. Anyhow, Cloak & Dagger is the most unappropriate title to put on there. Power Pack, or even Nova, but not C&D.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk
Well, when you're a channel that's currently airing The Fosters, Pretty Little Liars, Recovery Road, and Shadowhunters, I think Cloak and Dagger will fit in quite nicely ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm, so this can't be Ridley's one because his is ABC I think. It is interesting it's a straight to series order -- which I believe means they didn't have to shoot a pilot and is sort of the model of Netflix series (?).

Well, when you're a channel that's currently airing The Fosters, Pretty Little Liars, Recovery Road, and Shadowhunters, I think Cloak and Dagger will fit in quite nicely ;).
I feel old.

mumbo

Look skyward
Freeform - that sounds like a fake network, lol - is actually a pretty good fit for Cloak and Dagger the way I understand that property. I'm assuming this show is part of the MCU, in which case it just keeps getting bigger and bigger, doesn't it.

So that's now a third home for Marvel TV shows, along with ABC and Netflix. I think that potential Ms. Marvel show would also be a good fit for Freeform.

hobbyfan

Well, Freeform is ABC's cable step-sister (Disney bought the former Fox Family channel from Fox/Saban), and could be cable home to the other Marvel shows.......!

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Is Freeform a children's network? Are we to expect a younger demographic grabbing show?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Have they talked about this again at all in the past few months? I figured at this point there would be some casting announcements or a show runner signing on or something but instead I haven't seen anything.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Greg91

Reporter
Marvel has plenty to focus on, so I doubt they're rushing to announce new information on this or Runaways. Both could be late 2017 series which means announcements early next year would be expected. We'll probably just have to keep waiting. Anyway, to answer your question, I haven't heard this mentioned by Marvel since it was announced.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
The only Cloak and Dagger related news I can recall is Marvel releasing a trade collecting their series, though don't quote me on that :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, 2 trades for February and March - "Shadows and Light" and "Lost and Found" Late 70s-Early 80s material.

Have they talked about this again at all in the past few months? I figured at this point there would be some casting announcements or a show runner signing on or something but instead I haven't seen anything.
I was surprised there was no mention it by Loeb at NYCC or someone got a Q&A with him about it but he mentioned it on "Geeking Out" in August as it's definitely in movement.

There was a rumor in September that John Ziffren is the show runner, the show is in pre-production, and they scrapped the post-Katrina set up for a straight up superhero love story.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ah, speak of the devil. heh. And a Joe Pokaski is the showrunner.

Pity about the delay but if it leads to a better product, so be it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts