DC Comics Animation - Soundtrack/Music News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

ShadowStar

That's awesome that you are going!

All that great DCAU music performed live...It sounds amazing. I'd love to see a concert like this in the US. I would go in a heartbeat!

I'll be interested to see what you thought of it afterward. :)

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to this! As you say, it will be great to hear their music performed live... Not to mention that I'll get to meet them! I'll definitely post my thoughts when I get back from Poland!

Last edited:

Skelly

For those of you who want a little more DC music, the Dynamic Music Partners have an audio playlist of tracks of largely unreleased material on their website (the "Listening Room").
I couldn't figure out what each track is from specifically, but here are my best guesses:

Highlights Montage
Mars Mission (SSM DVD1 1M3) The Spectacular Spider-Man "Attack of the Lizard" DVD opening credits
Chase Me (Chase Me End Credits) Batman: The Animated Series short film
Black Ops (YJ 871 3M6 Edit+Mastered) Young Justice
Mystery (Mystery Of The Batwoman MT edit) Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
Cliffs of Moher (Shamrocks Edit Mastered)
What We're Up Against (YJ 870 4M13) Young Justice season 2 episode 11
Chase Through Pages (Scooby BF 1M2 ReMix) Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon
I Know Where To Find It (TPrep 110 3M16)
Nora's Theme (NorasTheme KC Edit Master) Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzero
Going Home (Broke Sky 3m28 Bucky Makes Up His Mind) Broke Sky
Rumble Station (AprMn3M6Remix 021806 Mstrd)
So, Are We Cool? (TT 901 4m15 So, Are We Cool) Teen Titans
Fateful Jurisprudence (Marriage 1M3 Edit)
Rooftop Reverie (YWAL 1M29B Edit2 Mastered) Yesterday Was A Lie
Cover Is Blown (SSM 120 MIX 1M1 F) The Spectacular Spider-Man
Field of Heroes (Maxinator 6M32 Excerpt Mastered2) Max Steele?

Riddler

I will certainly pick this one up! Thrilled to see any and all DCAU music get released. :D

Been a long time since I watched Mystery of the Batwoman, will have to revisit it in the next couple weeks.

Spider-Man

I was hoping we'd get to see the score to Sub-Zero released soon but this is also good. I don't remember alot about the movie's score as I haven't watched this movie in years but I do remember it was synth and not an orchestra I think. I also noticed the cover art inaccurately tags this as a DC Universe Animated Original Movie, which its not.

ShadowStar

Lolita Ritmanis must have been teasing this release when she said last Summer that there was "some amazing stuff coming up soon". I guess Batwoman was meant to be released in 2015 but was postponed.

John Takis

I was hoping we'd get to see the score to Sub-Zero released soon but this is also good. I don't remember alot about the movie's score as I haven't watched this movie in years but I do remember it was synth and not an orchestra I think. I also noticed the cover art inaccurately tags this as a DC Universe Animated Original Movie, which its not.

I can't make any promises at this time, but Michael McCuistion's SUB-ZERO score is DEFINITELY something we want to release in the future!

The "DC Universe Animated Original Movie" copy is, to the best of my knowledge, simply a branding thing. Though MOTB was produced before that precise phrase was in use, it does remain DC, animated and an original movie. :)

The BATWOMAN score uses synth for many of the orchestral parts, but also features piano (performed by Lolita Ritmanis) and an array of live solo woodwinds (performed by John Yoakum).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The "DC Universe Animated Original Movie" copy is, to the best of my knowledge, simply a branding thing. Though MOTB was produced before that precise phrase was in use, it does remain DC, animated and an original movie. :)
To add to what Mr. Takis said, that was the branding for DTVs before the DC Universe one came along included the likes Brainiac Attacks and MOTB. They still use it on movies like the Batman Unlimited. It's just weird nomenclature. Like Warner Home Entertainment is sometimes still going by Warner Home Video.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
La-La Land Records has provided the track listing and additional details on the forthcoming Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman soundtrack release. Click on the image below for further details, including the track list.

Stay tuned for additional coverage.

ShadowStar

Glad to see that Chase Me is on there too! I'm looking forward to this, and to other DC animated releases that hopefully aren't too far off!

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I'm thrilled that they are releasing this one. I have always enjoyed this movie and in particular it's score. I can already hear the opening credits music as I type this. Back in 2003 when our animated Batman was mostly running around saving the world from annihilation, it was so nice to get sometime a little more intimate and light.

It would be a crime if Sub-Zero is not released as soon as possible, along with an expanded Return of the Joker to complete the DCAU movie releases.

I would have liked 'Betcha Never' to have been included, although I'm sure many aren't too upset it's been left out.

Last edited:

John Takis

I'm very pleased that we were able to release "Chase Me" alongside MOTB. It's a marvelous short score!

Just in case anyone here was not aware, "Betcha Never" has been commercially available since 2004. You can find it on Cherie's self-titled CD, and digitally through outlets such as iTunes and Amazon.

John Takis

To any WonderCon attendees out there: don't forget that you can snag an early copy of BATMAN: MYSTERY OF THE BATWOMAN this weekend by visiting La-La Land Records at Booth 2133!

John Takis

Since MV is spilling the beans over at FSM... :)

Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 1:35 PM

By: La La Land Records

Easter egg surprise for all

Coming this spring

ORDINARY PEOPLE paired with SAVE THE TIGER
CRACK IN THE WORLD paired with PHASE IV

Coming this Summer

BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES Vol 4 (includes last of the first 65 episodes plus ARKHAM ARCHIVES -- remaining missing odds and ends from other volumes)

STAR TREK VOYAGER -- 4 CD SET

THE X-FILES VOLUME 3 -- 4 disc set

Coming this September

STAR TREK 50TH ANNIVERSARY 3 DISC SET
STAR TREK ENTERPRISE VOL 2

This is a small sampling of La La Land has in store for the rest of 2016.

ShadowStar

I'm grateful for La La Land's effort in releasing the rest of the material from the first 65 episodes! Thanks, John!

And I like the sound of 'Arkham Archives' - creative name!

ShadowStar

In the same FSM thread, MV Gerhard of La La Land confirms that STAS Vol 2 isn't happening any time soon: http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/boa...5&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=156&r=166#bottom

As a fan of the DCAU I want it all out there, but as a business man I need to look at the sales. BTAS performed exceptionally well, but Superman barely broke even. We do have plans to release other DCAU titles this year and beyond but I don't know if another volume of the big blue boy scout is in the cards.

MV

To be honest though, I'd rather see releases for The Adventures of Batman and Robin and Justice League first anyway. So I hope those shows will get their due before long. And I'm thrilled about BTAS Vol 4!

John Takis

In the same FSM thread, MV Gerhard of La La Land confirms that STAS Vol 2 isn't happening any time soon: http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/boa...5&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=156&r=166#bottom

As a fan of the DCAU I want it all out there, but as a business man I need to look at the sales. BTAS performed exceptionally well, but Superman barely broke even. We do have plans to release other DCAU titles this year and beyond but I don't know if another volume of the big blue boy scout is in the cards.

MV

It goes to show that it's never a good idea to take these releases for granted. Your support is vital. Additional releases of Shirley Walker's THE FLASH and SPACE: ABOVE & BEYOND might have happened, had the titles sold better. We could easily fill four more CDs to the brim with phenomenal SUPERMAN music -- really tremendous stuff, including several Batman crossovers. Will I get the chance? I don't know, but if you haven't yet picked up the first volume, it certainly wouldn't hurt! Please consider adding it to your order of BATWOMAN or BTAS Vol. 4.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts