Cartoon Network International News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlooMac

I was kind of hoping LA would make a few emojis for their shows. They did make a whole set of 3.0 animations.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
The Swedish word for ''a break'' is en paus. (in Dutch: een pauze)
So either ''break'' is Swedish slang, or the translation of Regular Show's ''Break Time'' short was just awkward.

Unfortunately there was no other way to translate it. No doubt the Dutch version will also be like this, if we EVER get those shorts.

EDIT: On second thought, it doesn't sound that bad in Dutch.
''Hey, is het geen tijd voor een break ofzo? We zijn kapot!'' :D

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Bad news: now the MEO Kids website no longer exists. It has become a section on MEO's website.

This means that I can no longer see what CN PT's highlights are for this month in advance.

RegularCapital

Staff member

mariosjaque

Sólo un usuario más.
@mariosjaque: I wonder what happened: scheduling issues? Also, it seems like they had the idea since August as they published highlights of Chilevisión's shows.
Sounds like it's surpassing CN LA and CN US on premiering episodes of Gumball and AT.
Also, what did you mean with the highlights of Chilevision shows?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Sounds like it's surpassing CN LA and CN US on premiering episodes of Gumball and AT.
Also, what did you mean with the highlights of Chilevision shows?
I refer to "links to highlights of this show in video". Also, kind of strange for Chilevisión to surpass because Turner has owned them for about three years.

szjdfgs

I guess we can start calling these shorts "minisodes" from now on. CN France says so.

mariosjaque

Sólo un usuario más.
I bet Chilevision was caring about its rating on TIME Ibope (a fraud). Its medition base is 600 adult people on Santiago...
Cubox and Tronia (the other kids blocks on Terrestrial TV on chile) have a rating of 0 points on its time, and sometimes they are Mundial Trending Topic on Twitter

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I bet Chilevision was caring about its rating on TIME Ibope (a fraud). Its medition base is 600 adult people on Santiago...
Cubox and Tronia (the other kids blocks on Terrestrial TV on chile) have a rating of 0 points on its time, and sometimes they are Mundial Trending Topic on Twitter
It is also the first time they show kids shows in eight years. They really want to diversify their viewing audience and having a deal with their current owners seems to work.

JedEmily

A CN Stop-Bullying advert on the back of Twist magazine (photo by me)
5a6dc05e6bb9f5639d7189e0fe670117.jpg

szjdfgs

Sorry for double-posting but this took me by surprise, since this short is recent. CN PT's posted the "All's Well That Rats Swell" short from Adventure Time dubbed on their YT channel.
I'm guessing these shorts don't have any clear place in the timeline of Adventure Time, but this was the more recent short that came out on the video section of CN US' website. I'm surprised they've gotten this up to date. Or maybe I've been out of the loop?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I really hope that the shorts air on an actual television one day. It and also Mighty Magiswords. Can't wait to see what titles will the different languages bring.

BlooMac

The EMEA feeds, but mostly the German ones, could definitely use these shorts as fillers for the breaks, instead of airing the same 5+ year old promos and random clips from episodes, which aren't helping much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts