Fairly Odd Parents, Season 10 - News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doguineta

You know what? I liked the S10 commercial. Actually chuckled twice. And no Sparky or Poof to be seen.

I know it'll be a disaster but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Saw the Season 10 trailer. Darren Norris does not sound like Cosmo anymore. This season is going to be a catastrophe. The whole series, since it's pilot episode premiered in 1998, feels exhausted now.

jaylop97

Staff member
^That reminds me when he had a deeper tone, I thought it sounded better, while today not hard but it must be hard to keep it high pitched.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
Saw the Season 10 trailer. Darren Norris does not sound like Cosmo anymore. This season is going to be a catastrophe. The whole series, since it's pilot episode premiered in 1998, feels exhausted now.

I didn't notice a distinctive difference in Cosmo's voice. Still sounds like he's been sucking helium. But its the way his humor is being handled the remains unchanged... Any sort of action happens while he's present, he'll chime in with a dumb comment. It's part of what everyone says when they say the humor has gone stale, the fact is that a large majority of the dialog comes from the two fairies and quite frankly they're funny less often than not. Hartman needs to shut them up. Some of the best (or should I say only halfway decent or interesting) season 6-9 episodes had C&W as minimal impact characters in the plot. Timmy himself is also getting boring.

Will it get better with Kari Walhgren as Chloe? Well, she only really shouted one line, and it was coached in the same "gradually raise your tone" way Hartman directs for every character, so chances are her talents will be squandered.

Yea, this is gonna be a slog.. Lookin at the social media and Nickelodeon recently announcing Chloe, all the responses are absolutely negative. Even the live action movies didn't get panned this bad!!

Stan Marsh

I kinda chuckled while watching the trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://player.vimeo.com/video/150066251?autoplay=1

Here is the newest promo (There is also a version of this on Nick.com's page)

I don't know if I can stand to watch this show anymore, but Just some thoughts:
First the most noticeable thing is that Sparky and Poof are completely absent from this entire promo. They aren't in the house with Timmy. They aren't with him when hes with Chloe. Sparky's role reduction if not outright removal is a massive improvement for the show. I don't care for Poof, I don't mind him, but Tara Strong's attempt to voice him was just so terrible. Maybe they'll send Poof to Fairy Academy and bring him back later with a new look, the ball baby look is stupid.

Second, a few characters are back, namely Vicky/Chester/AJ, but we've been fooled by them having half-hearted cameos before.

Thirdly, and most importantly, Chloe. Whenever a new character appears, they are given all sorts of bells and whistles, so that is not surprising. But I've said this before, and its only confirmed so far what I've said, this character is just a remodeled Tootie. Her first episode is simply a rehash of Birthday Wish and the second Fairly Odd Movie. One big flaw with Chloe is that it doesn't feel like she's miserable, maybe that's because the bells and whistles around her made it seem like she's more popular and cheery then it seems, but again, you have a character that is miserable and already has a backstory that makes that palpable, why invent an entirely new character? It's like, the way the promo builds up and announces who the fairy sharing partner is, and Jorgen says Chloe, I bet 99% of people said "Who?" and then rolled their eyes.

No buzz on social media about this at all. Not good.

The reactions in that trailer say everything.

Timmy says "Oh, come on!" after the Jason Voorhees joke.

And everyone screaming after Chloe is first mentioned.

It's almost like they're self-aware of how bad the show's gotten.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
The reactions in that trailer say everything.

Timmy says "Oh, come on!" after the Jason Voorhees joke.

And everyone screaming after Chloe is first mentioned.

It's almost like they're self-aware of how bad the show's gotten.

I tried to do the whole "they must be totally aware of how bad they look by now and are doing it for laughs" angle last season. In the end I just came to the conclusion that it really was that bad and no one at there could see it and they really did think the putrid product they were putting out for kids was tolerable. The storyboarder who showed up here to hype up what turned out to be one of the worst episodes of the series and then promptly disappeared shortly after didn't help with that either.

Also, according to the premiere thread, there is only just this episode this month? I guess Nick saw that the next 5 episodes are Crocker episodes are and waiting for Hartman to get back to Chloe.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
Oh, Nickelodeon's probably not gonna treat it well. They're nowhere near promoting the hell out of the show as much as they used to, and they haven't set aside a regular time slot for the show that's after 7:00am in months.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
Or, and this might sound crazy.....the schedule is incomplete.

Can you take your commentary elsewhere? When you aren't outright insulting people you are at best interjecting some snide comment. I don't like you nor do I need you reply to me every time you fail to recognize a joke.

Oh, Nickelodeon's probably not gonna treat it well. They're nowhere near promoting the hell out of the show as much as they used to, and they haven't set aside a regular time slot for the show that's after 7:00am in months.

It's gotten some decent promotion on social media for the past few months. Let's face it, FoP hasn't really gotten much promotion lately at all, the last batch of season 9 episodes were practically aired in secret, half a month of promotion is par the course for "special" episodes like this.

Last edited:

alfa9delta

Hey, Where's Perry ?
The storyboarder who showed up here to hype up what turned out to be one of the worst episodes of the series and then promptly disappeared shortly after didn't help with that either.

Also, according to the premiere thread, there is only just this episode this month? I guess Nick saw that the next 5 episodes are Crocker episodes are and waiting for Hartman to get back to Chloe.

I believe there'll be new episodes every friday of January. I remember this storyboarder situation, but I forgot which episode was

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
I believe there'll be new episodes every friday of January. I remember this storyboarder situation, but I forgot which episode was
The episode was Finding Emo, and the storyboarder was James Mortensen. He was newly signed on to Season 9. He was brave enough to come into a mostly skeptical and cynical topic at least, but he mostly just hyped up the season rather than actually converse with anyone. No one was around to answer for the final product of Season 9.

NewtChallenger

Approaches
Can you take your commentary elsewhere? When you aren't outright insulting people you are at best interjecting some snide comment. I don't like you nor do I need you reply to me every time you fail to recognize a joke.

Don't quit your day job to become a comedian.

I hope Butch Hartman is the main man writing the humor in Season 10, because then it will be a masterpiece.

kanc

I tried to do the whole "they must be totally aware of how bad they look by now and are doing it for laughs" angle last season. In the end I just came to the conclusion that it really was that bad and no one at there could see it and they really did think the putrid product they were putting out for kids was tolerable. The storyboarder who showed up here to hype up what turned out to be one of the worst episodes of the series and then promptly disappeared shortly after didn't help with that either.

The January premieres aren't complete. As of tonight, I checked with theFutonCritic and January monthly premieres are still not updated. There should be new Fairly OddParents every Fridays starting Fri Jan 15. It already has gotten some promotion already and mentioning new character named Chloe.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
The January premieres aren't complete. As of tonight, I checked with theFutonCritic and January monthly premieres are still not updated. There should be new Fairly OddParents every Fridays starting Fri Jan 15. It already has gotten some promotion already and mentioning new character named Chloe.

Yea, nick.com also says new episodes in January. The FOP wiki lists a few other episodes but I don't know where they got that source, but at least there isn't "Crock" in any of those titles (not that it won't stop him from showing up). I did a tally of all the characters who were the focus of episodes last season and Dad and Crocker were something like 3/4 of the whole season, it was insane, I don't mind Timmy's dad showing up (so long as he doesn't COMPLETELY HIJACK THE EPISODE like he did with that lukewarm semi-interesting Vicky and Foop one) but I really hope Crocker has a much less reduced role this season and Chloe's primary enemy is Vicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts