Fairly Odd Parents, Season 10 - News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It looks like someone here agrees with me then. FOP is not as good as it used to be, but it's not terrible or anything. I thought Season 9 had at least a few pretty decent episodes.
He's not the only here that agrees with you. I think the show has had some decline in quality, but I still like it.

Rhaynebow

Yeesh, the eyes on that kid from the new show is gonna give me nightmares.

Well, I'm kind of happy. I've been really eager to see this Chloe girl in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
http://player.vimeo.com/video/150066251?autoplay=1

Here is the newest promo (There is also a version of this on Nick.com's page)

I don't know if I can stand to watch this show anymore, but Just some thoughts:
First the most noticeable thing is that Sparky and Poof are completely absent from this entire promo. They aren't in the house with Timmy. They aren't with him when hes with Chloe. Sparky's role reduction if not outright removal is a massive improvement for the show. I don't care for Poof, I don't mind him, but Tara Strong's attempt to voice him was just so terrible. Maybe they'll send Poof to Fairy Academy and bring him back later with a new look, the ball baby look is stupid.

Second, a few characters are back, namely Vicky/Chester/AJ, but we've been fooled by them having half-hearted cameos before.

Thirdly, and most importantly, Chloe. Whenever a new character appears, they are given all sorts of bells and whistles, so that is not surprising. But I've said this before, and its only confirmed so far what I've said, this character is just a remodeled Tootie. Her first episode is simply a rehash of Birthday Wish and the second Fairly Odd Movie. One big flaw with Chloe is that it doesn't feel like she's miserable, maybe that's because the bells and whistles around her made it seem like she's more popular and cheery then it seems, but again, you have a character that is miserable and already has a backstory that makes that palpable, why invent an entirely new character? It's like, the way the promo builds up and announces who the fairy sharing partner is, and Jorgen says Chloe, I bet 99% of people said "Who?" and then rolled their eyes.

No buzz on social media about this at all. Not good.

ToonJay723

Staff member
http://player.vimeo.com/video/150066251?autoplay=1

Here is the newest promo (There is also a version of this on Nick.com's page)

I don't know if I can stand to watch this show anymore, but Just some thoughts:
First the most noticeable thing is that Sparky and Poof are completely absent from this entire promo. They aren't in the house with Timmy. They aren't with him when hes with Chloe. Sparky's role reduction if not outright removal is a massive improvement for the show. I don't care for Poof, I don't mind him, but Tara Strong's attempt to voice him was just so terrible. Maybe they'll send Poof to Fairy Academy and bring him back later with a new look, the ball baby look is stupid.

Second, a few characters are back, namely Vicky/Chester/AJ, but we've been fooled by them having half-hearted cameos before.

Thirdly, and most importantly, Chloe. Whenever a new character appears, they are given all sorts of bells and whistles, so that is not surprising. But I've said this before, and its only confirmed so far what I've said, this character is just a remodeled Tootie. Her first episode is simply a rehash of Birthday Wish and the second Fairly Odd Movie. One big flaw with Chloe is that it doesn't feel like she's miserable, maybe that's because the bells and whistles around her made it seem like she's more popular and cheery then it seems, but again, you have a character that is miserable and already has a backstory that makes that palpable, why invent an entirely new character? It's like, the way the promo builds up and announces who the fairy sharing partner is, and Jorgen says Chloe, I bet 99% of people said "Who?" and then rolled their eyes.

No buzz on social media about this at all. Not good.
I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to "retool" the series again. Like how for the longest time Nick would only rerun the post revival episodes, and the show's continuity pretended that the first five seasons didn't exist, like Sparky being Crocker's Fairy dog when he was a kid, and Wandissimo not having a Godkid (Remy).

This probably explains why Nick randomly stopped spamming FOP on the schedule. They were probably hoping kids would forget seasons 6 through 9 exist. If this is a new retool, I wonder what else they will change in addition to Godparents being shared.

Lord Hater

Retired
I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to "retool" the series again. Like how for the longest time Nick would only rerun the post revival episodes, and the show's continuity pretended that the first five seasons didn't exist, like Sparky being Crocker's Fairy dog when he was a kid, and Wandissimo not having a Godkid (Remy).
Funny thing is that Nicktoons only airs the first five seasons.

Anyway, I hope that Sparky and Poof aren't in this season because they didn't really serve a purpose to the show at all.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out

This probably explains why Nick randomly stopped spamming FOP on the schedule. They were probably hoping kids would forget seasons 6 through 9 exist. If this is a new retool, I wonder what else they will change in addition to Godparents being shared.
Am I the only one who notice that every time a Jason like character appears hes given a chainsaw

stephane dumas

Funny thing is that Nicktoons only airs the first five seasons.

Anyway, I hope that Sparky and Poof aren't in this season because they didn't really serve a purpose to the show at all.

They could found a new excuse for them like a spin-off series. :oops: Anyone who remembers these rumors of a Poof and Foop spin-off?

If Poof don't appear often, let's hope in an future episode involving anti-Fairies, they'll bring Anti-Cosmo instead of Foop.

alfa9delta

Hey, Where's Perry ?

I'd buy into them neglecting seasons 6-9 IF the show returns to pre-S6 quality. However, I do think it's extremely lazy to remove Poof from the show. He doesn't do much but he's established as one of the godparents and he's not necessarily a bad character. My favorite episodes from Season 6 and beyond are about him and Foop.

Removing Sparky would be a clever move, since he was totally not very well accepted. But just vanishing the character I think is a coward move. It'd be nice if they gave a reason for his disappearance, or killed him (I know its never happening). Being realistic, they'll simply have both Poof and Sparky absent for most episodes, and just have them around when the plot needs them, as they did last season. This is stupid in so many levels, and a paradox, because it's them basically saying "hey, you know those characters we added to the show? We don't even know what to do with them, so we will just have them not appearing at all".

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
I'd buy into them neglecting seasons 6-9 IF the show returns to pre-S6 quality. However, I do think it's extremely lazy to remove Poof from the show. He doesn't do much but he's established as one of the godparents and he's not necessarily a bad character. My favorite episodes from Season 6 and beyond are about him and Foop.

While Foop added a clever dynamic, by his third or forth appearance it was clear they had no idea what to do with him. Remember that weird schizophrenia running joke he had? I don't know, but Foop was better than Poof I'll admit.

It's just cutting down the clutter when you get down to it. They were already struggling enough to keep Timmy, C&W, Poof, and Sparky in the same room, we had many people point out how often they outright forgot about them in between scenes let alone left out of episodes.

However, the biggest problem has always been they aren't really using their extended cast. Even Vicky voicing her one line sounded like Grey Delisle was phoning it in. Maybe this will change, but I saw quite a few Crocker storyboards on Hartman's tumblr, so I'm doubtful.

alfa9delta

Hey, Where's Perry ?
I sincerely doubt most of the casual non-obsessive FOP viewers will roll their eyes and have a negative stir about, most likely because they never expected the promo to reveal that Timmy is sharing his fairies with a bad love interest from 10 years ago. Realistic expectations and less nostalgia goggles could at least make this show decent background noise for you Lord Beckett, or you can just find a program in your age demographic to put stronger thought into.

I think it's not about being Chloe or Tootie. It's about having a full cast of interesting characters and insisting in adding new bland ones. Timmy sharing fairies with Tootie wouId be indifferent for casual or younger viewers, but would be nice for fans. Episodes not revolving Poof at all, for example, we get Foop as a villain when we could get fan favorites as Anti Cosmo or Norm. This is one of the many problems the recent episodes been having.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean

I was just thinking about that. Season 9 was such a story writing disaster that I'm guessing the staff is just going to throw their hands into the air and make a clean slate.

Still, Crocker has like twenty backstories now, I won't be shocked if he gets an entirely new one soon. Apparently one of the episodes is about his mother being a secret agent (Which was ALREADY DONE FOR TIMMY's MOM! Cmon!) so you know what to expect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
EVERYBODY CHILL!

That's enough back-and-forth at each other! No one is to insult each other, point fingers, blame others, or make accusatory remarks. If you guys made a report, then leave that reported person alone and let us moderators handle it. That is all.

Do not get off-topic just because someone is trying to rip you a new one. It will only causes more problems than it'll solve. Everyone is allowed their own two cents however different they are. Everyone is allowed to dislike a character or like a character and express it however they deem without breaking any rules or dismissing another TZ member who likes said character.

I have had just enough madness from the Fairy Oddparents thread that I am this close to locking this place up for an undetermined amount of time. This is the last warning I am going to give.

Get back on-topic and treat your fellow team members with respect.

jaylop97

Staff member
If this season keeps away from using Crocker or Mr.Turner it would be an improvement in my book for the last couple of years, I hope Chloe is here to keep the show to focus on Timmy or the Fairies.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
If this season keeps away from using Crocker or Mr.Turner it would be an improvement in my book for the last couple of years, I hope Chloe is here to keep the show to focus on Timmy or the Fairies.

I do too. But there is already a confirmed Crocker episode. Hartman just can't help himself.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
Why do I have the feeling they'll just drop Chloe as soon as she's introduced?

Muscle memory.

It's what happened in Season 9 after all with Sparky. They introduce him, give him a cutrate follow up episode (which involved Mr. Crocker, haha!), then Hartman couldn't wait any longer and went on another Crocker/Dad/Cosmo episode binge and Sparky quickly became a useless source of unfunny jokes.

Don't even get me started on Anti-Sparky, Missy, and all the other characters that failed to generate any buzz whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts