Nicktoons (the channel) News and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pac-Attack

Zap2it updated, the way the shows are airing is not what I expected but anyways:

December 12:

4PM: Danny Phantom
5PM: My Life as a Teenage Robot
6PM: The X's

December 13:

4PM: Invader ZIM
5PM: El Tigre
6PM: Jimmy Neutron

I still find it odd ChalkZone and Tak aren't part of this, but who knows, maybe we will see them (and if not, those shows are on DVD anyways plus I'm getting ChalkZone soon!)

Pac-Attack

I don't like double posting, but I got news:

Rabbids Invasion is getting shipped to Nicktoons, new episodes air next week at 4PM (it's promoted too).

The Legend of Korra returns next week, airing at 10:30AM and for a full hour at 1AM (Digimon Fusion is now off weekdays).

Also the 2000s Nicktoons thing seems to be a weekend only thing, it's not on weekdays.

toonmaster17

Rabbids Invasion is getting shipped to Nicktoons, new episodes air next week at 4PM (it's promoted too).

The Legend of Korra returns next week, airing at 10:30AM and for a full hour at 1AM (Digimon Fusion is now off weekdays).

Also the 2000s Nicktoons thing seems to be a weekend only thing, it's not on weekdays.
Seriously!? After how well Rabbids Invasion did on Nick they just decide to burn it off on Nicktoons?

No offense Nick but you're nuts and have a crazy mind of your own!

rockorockorocko

First of all, it is sad. RI was such a consistent ratings performer BOTH on premieres AND reruns. It would pair well with SBSP AND I bet it would pair well with AatC. Real K2-11 target, plus CGI.

With that said, however, Nickelodeon was never going to treat RI well. Too many Nicktoons and IMO, not enough room for a second third party show.

If Nick already started promoting it - awesome. And overall, this could be a good thing. I have a hunch RI is gonna do really well on Nicktoons and may open the door for other Nicktoons being flagship cartoons on Nicktoons. Disney XD showed it's possible, and even Nick Jr. has found it's identity, and been a great place other Nick Jr. shows not doing well on main Nick.

I hope Nick will move more cartoons to the digital channels, make them flagship cartoons, an give them the promotion and air time they deserve, while also beefing up the resume of their digital channels.

Lord Hater

Retired
Are they promoted on the main channel as well?

I understand why Rabbids Invasion was moved to Nicktoons. It was a popular show, so maybe it will give more attention to the channel (similar to how Disney moved Phineas and Ferb to DXD).

chum_chum

I see why they would move this to Nicktoons. Maybe putting a popular show on Nicktoons will give more attention to the network. (similar to how Disney moved Phineas and Ferb to DXD).
I think no one will care at this point. They had to do this earlier

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

Actually, LBX airs weekdays at 10:30a.

kanc

Actually, LBX airs weekdays at 10:30a.

No look carefully, zap2it already updated it, Legend of Korra IS airing at 10:30AM weekdays starting Monday, and LBX airs at 10AM.
LBX airing at 10:30AM was THIS week and some few weeks ago, not next week.

And @shakeheitor, with Rabbids airing new episodes on Nicktoons, main Nickelodeon didn't advertise this because last time Rabbids air new episodes was June this year which had 6 month hiatus (from last Dec 2014 had new episode), and this makes another 6 month hiatus. When any Nicktoons show or live action had been on hiatus longer from airing on main Nickelodeon, and would later move to another, it's not going to be promoted at all. It's weird to know Rabbids did very well with ratings last June almost scoring 2 mil viewers to a mid 1 mil viewers which is decent, and yet Nick continued to get worse treatment and not putting it on main network after June premieres. But there are some exceptions that had promoted which would move to another network when a show is airing on main Nickelodeon continuously and few days later to move to another network, it would get advertised (just like House of Anubis and Hollywood Heights did). Weird thing is on main Nickelodeon network, I think I saw Winx Club ad saying it's currently airing on Nick Jr.

Last edited:

kanc

Minor note: TMNT (2012) episodes will air in order starting Mon Dec 7, this time at 7pm instead of 8pm. Fairly OddParents at 8pm

RDG

No look carefully, zap2it already updated it, Legend of Korra IS airing at 10:30AM weekdays starting Monday, and LBX airs at 10AM.
LBX airing at 10:30AM was only THIS week, not next week.

And the last few weeks before, too. Also (via Zap2it), Dec. 12's movie is Santa Hunters (11a-12:30p), followed by SJC 12:30p

Last edited:

kanc

Just to be sure and note Rabbids will air weekdays 4pm hour, and when it comes to burning new episodes on Nicktoons, these episodes will not be added to nickelodeon video site and it's uncertain the encore of the new episodes will air again, so I suggest for Rabbids fan, please watch new episodes on Nicktoons on time, so you guys won't miss it.

toonmaster17

Zap2it updated the Nicktoons schedule for Saturday December 19th and the Classic Nicktoons airing that day are as followed.

4-5pm: Back at the Barnyard
5-6pm: The Mighty B!
6-7pm: Catscratch

It's ashame that they will only be giving each show an hour only on-air.:(

StorytellerMJ5

Also, according to my guide on that Sunday from 4-7 pm they'll have Christmas/holiday episodes for Back at the Barnyard, Danny Phantom, Invader Zim, My Life as a Teenage Robot, The Xs, and Jimmy Neutron.

toonmaster17

Also, according to my guide on that Sunday from 4-7 pm they'll have Christmas/holiday episodes for Back at the Barnyard, Danny Phantom, Invader Zim, My Life as a Teenage Robot, The Xs, and Jimmy Neutron.
Yes Zap2it just updated the schedule for Sunday December 20th as well and the Holiday Specials go like this.

4:00pm Back at the Barnyard - "It's an Undderful Life"
4:30pm Danny Phantom - "The Fright Before Christmas"
5:00pm Invader Zim - "The Most Horrible Christmas Ever"
5:30pm The X's - "You Only Sneeze Twice/X Takes a Holiday"
6:00pm My Life as a Teenage Robot - "A Robot for All Seasons"
6:30pm Jimmy Neutron - "Holly Jolly Jimmy"

Every show but The X's has a proper holiday special. That episode of The X's aired on February 24th, 2006. So it is not a official Holiday/Christmas special.

RDG

Well (according to Zap2it), LBX will be taken off weekdays (AGAIN) starting this Monday, and Legend of Korra will run for a full hour weekdays at 10a. Also, Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh airs next Sat. 11a, and Breadwinners airs Mon. and Tues. 11p-12m

Lord Hater

Retired
Well (according to Zap2it), LBX will be taken off weekdays (AGAIN) starting this Monday, and Legend of Korra will run for a full hour weekdays at 10a. Also, Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh airs next Sat. 11a, and Breadwinners airs Mon. and Tues. 11p-12m
What's with Nicktoons treatment of their exclusive shows? They would be very popular is only they got some exposure.

RDG

What's with Nicktoons treatment of their exclusive shows? They would be very popular is only they got some exposure.

I've also noticed that the DirecTV guide has also confirmed this change, but yeah, Nicktoons' scheduling has been very erratic this year.

hobo 7

I watched some of the Nicktoons classics today. I wonder why Nicktoons can't do this every weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts