International Nickelodeon Thread, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegularCapital

Staff member
The licences are still based in Italy :)

It's the playout that changed.. an Italian forumer, who has contacts with Viacom, informed us about this
Basically some time after the Sky MTV replaced the Viacom MTV (now MTV Next); Viacom prob. wanted to cut costs, now they don't operate in important position in Italy, anymore

But they still have a local team making local decisions

As a result, MTV Music on-screen graphics now resemble the UK ones more

Well, the next Ofcom update should be coming out in a few days, maybe they'll be listed. Sky still owns part of Nick UK, so having Nick Italy under their control is still a viable option.

Nickelodeon MENA launches Nickelodeon Play app for OSN customers. http://tbivision.com/news/2015/11/nickelodeon-play-launches-mena/517272/

Last edited:

Francisque

Yes, they should be international

Nick Russia (in terms of on air presentation and playout) is controlled by the German team; they don't have a team based in Russia, I think

Except for the one for the Turtle Ninjas, I don't think they are bad

chum_chum

Nick Russia (in terms of on air presentation and playout) is controlled by the German team; they don't have a team based in Russia, I think
No, they have a studio in Moscow and previously had exclusive promos (for example). I think they just use MTV's studio for charts and news. Local Comedy Central also has completely unique set of promos.
Although I don't know about the scheduling team (I am pretty sure that both MTV and Paramount Comedy have ones), but Nick Russia has a set of local shows, interactive programming and holyday events and specials.

Last edited:

kanc

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

Casper17

Does Anyone Know If The Nick App Will Be Available In Africa & Whether TeenNick Will Launch In Africa?

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

chum_chum

December 31st Game Shakers are premiering on Nick Russia durning a special Dan Schneider Day

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Does Anyone Know If The Nick App Will Be Available In Africa & Whether TeenNick Will Launch In Africa?

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk
Nobody knows for now, and I could ask the same for the sister channels, with the answer being a resounding "no".

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
@Casper17: Who handles Nick Africa right now? The German team closed down TeenNick NL and TeenNick FL even though it had decent ratings as far as I know.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The same one that manages the Iberian channels (MTVs, Nickelodeons and one Comedy Central).

It would be nice to see Spain get an independent Nick Jr. feed run by the Spanish team and not the "global" feed run by the German team.

Francisque

Yeah, Viacom "South" does control it, but there prob. is a submanagement, similar to the one Italy, Iberia, Greece have.. you just don't have a team controlling the channels in almost the same exact way, as the Viacom North channels (you have all MTVs being controlled in Berlin, all Comedy Centrals in Amsterdam and things like that; no decentralised structure); although a few promos/strategies in Viacom South are becoming shared

Definitely not the German team; which, however, as an outlier, controls most CEE feeds and even some global ones (the Nick Jr one) now, which should, in theory, be controlled by the UK, as their part of that group.. but prob. the UK team has become "lazy" :D
They prob. think it's better to handle the playout/schedule responsabilities to that team, since they control so many feeds already.. promos can be easily recycled and things like that

No, they have a studio in Moscow and previously had exclusive promos (for example). I think they just use MTV's studio for charts and news. Local Comedy Central also has completely unique set of promos.
Although I don't know about the scheduling team (I am pretty sure that both MTV and Paramount Comedy have ones), but Nick Russia has a set of local shows, interactive programming and holyday events and specials.
I see.. maybe I was wrong after all

Last time I checked Nick Russia it looked pretty "German" to me; but I guess it's just superficially so

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I Didn't Think They Would Focus That Much On The Goosebumps Movie
I've already seen an Orange Carpet on Hotel Transylvania 2 around the time it was released over here, yet I haven't seen a trailer for Goosebumps, which means that they are promoting it way too early over here.

Orange Carpet is dubbed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts